PDA

View Full Version : Removing Observer mode

skillmaster19
07-28-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm sorry but the observer mode cannot be removed yet. Unholy Nation is a special case because it's not based on leveling or so, so that limitations are not necessary making as much sense as on a server like Zodiac or Kingdoms.
Our goal is to make Graal more free-to-play, but it's not that easy since the servers are mainly made and managed by player staff and the money is made in selling items to player, so things like the item system and economy need to be more secured. Hopefully we can do more about this in 2012.

The main problem with the restrictions seems like UN has an economy based on trading, but doesn't have options to pay to earn better equipment/gain levels faster.

So the restrictions for trials/perks for gold/lifetime classic should be:
Trials cannot trade
-prevents abuse from multiple unverified accounts
-gives people reason to upgrade so they can buy rare items from others that are otherwise unobtainable

-This helps keep the economy "secure"

people with an active subscription earn a slight boost in gralats from jobs(mimicking Zodiacs exp bonus)

Trial players have daily restrictions on minigames like tower defense,bowling, etc.

this allows trials to experience the game but still makes them want to upgrade to play them more.

Trials cannot participate in rated sparring

This not only helps prevent boosting, but also acts as an incentive to purchase a gold subscription while not ruining the fun of the game since you can do unrated spar.

Don't restrict the maximum amount of currency a trial can hold. It caused issues with gralats dissapearing when you lose your subscription and also was a huge turn off since you couldn't get most items and saving was no fun. It also caused an insane amount of scamming with people asking others to hold their money.

the things sold in the gelat shop should be

gralat packs

this works excellently in iPhone, so Stefan can relate to this. Sell set amounts of gralats in the shop.

a couple of useful things that aren't needed or unfair like increased fish holding capacity, increased mining/lumber exp gain and perhaps better meditation.

It's over halfway through 2012 Stefan, I really want to see this amazing server get more players. With gralat packs added and trials unable to trade in place of observer mode, it keeps the economy not only safe and increase playercount, but will also generate more revenue since an overwhelming majority of UN's players use lifetime classic and aren't paying anyways.

Look at Classic iPhone. No monthly fees and there is probably a massive revenue from gralat packs. UN would probably make a lot from those as well since there are so many fun items to buy and expensive hats in the new shop recently added. Also since almost everyone playing it now uses Lifetime classic, there is probably little to no money being made from it.

Imperialistic
07-28-2012, 03:33 AM
Well, Fuza/kb/ph8 are ruining Unholy Nation by spamming the server with hats. They believe if they flood the server with hats that it will get rid of the abundance of ep/gralat (and they are surely mistaken).

Look at the U.S. for example, once the economy goes down.. it will never go back up. :cry:

skillmaster19
07-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Well, Fuza/kb/ph8 are ruining Unholy Nation by spamming the server with hats. They believe if they flood the server with hats that it will get rid of the abundance of ep/gralat (and they are surely mistaken).

Look at the U.S. for example, once the economy goes down.. it will never go back up. :cry:
If people buy the hats then it will remove lots of the ep and gralats. A lot of old players have enormous amounts of money stockpiled from events. They have purchased pretty much everything available. These expensive hats will help get rid of the mass inflation caused by continuous event prizes and little spending. You don't have to buy the hats if you don't want to, I know I won't buy them.

ffcmike
07-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Stefan outlines security as his main concern, yet regardless of whether or not that is an issue, he has apparently not provided any criteria as to what security measures he expects. Had he have done so, the staff of UN could have been using all this time that has passed to prepare such requirements.

Even with Classic, being entirely fresh as a result of a wipe, and having multiple different systems designed to track transactions and prevent/detect potential abuse, he hasn't made any acknowledgement of it, and hasn't provided any hint as to what security measures he expects.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's nothing but a bullshit excuse to hide from the responsibility which nobody else can act upon. As far as UN is concerned, it's had multiple different Managers leave in the time since Absolute_Crono's initial announcement. I imagine that the longer Stefan's head remains buried in the sand, the harder this problem would be to deal with should he get around to pulling it out.

Starfire2001
07-28-2012, 04:02 AM

Releasing a hat shop which sells hats for an average price of 300 EP or 35000 G isn't spamming the server with hats.

Also, about observer mode, there are plenty of ways that observer mode could probably be removed from UN which would still allow for Unixmad/Stefan to make money off it, maybe even more money then they do now. But they don't seem particularly interested in ideas from players/staff members on how this could be potentially done, so we're going to have to wait for them to come up with whatever they decide on.

I also imagine that improving UN is probably near last on any type of graal priority list for them.

Imperialistic
07-28-2012, 05:24 AM
If people buy the hats then it will remove lots of the ep and gralats. A lot of old players have enormous amounts of money stockpiled from events. They have purchased pretty much everything available. These expensive hats will help get rid of the mass inflation caused by continuous event prizes and little spending. You don't have to buy the hats if you don't want to, I know I won't buy them.

Hats will turn into currency (which it already has imo) and it will be even more ****ed than before. Buying a hat doesn't just remove the ep/g that it costs, it also gives you an item that can be used for more ep/g.. do you smell what I'm stepping in?

Releasing a hat shop which sells hats for an average price of 300 EP or 35000 G isn't spamming the server with hats.

But it's plunging the economy deeper in the shits.

You can't tell me in the past couple months you guys didn't auction off at least 30 hats.
And again, that's not even counting the ridiculous hat shops and etc.

skillmaster19
07-28-2012, 06:53 AM
Stefan outlines security as his main concern, yet regardless of whether or not that is an issue, he has apparently not provided any criteria as to what security measures he expects. Had he have done so, the staff of UN could have been using all this time that has passed to prepare such requirements.

Even with Classic, being entirely fresh as a result of a wipe, and having multiple different systems designed to track transactions and prevent/detect potential abuse, he hasn't made any acknowledgement of it, and hasn't provided any hint as to what security measures he expects.

So as far as I'm concerned, it's nothing but a bullshit excuse to hide from the responsibility which nobody else can act upon. As far as UN is concerned, it's had multiple different Managers leave in the time since Absolute_Crono's initial announcement. I imagine that the longer Stefan's head remains buried in the sand, the harder this problem would be to deal with should he get around to pulling it out.
I thought you said there wasn't going to be a wipe on Classic as long as the player logged in relatively recently and they choose to keep their stuff?

snoop413
07-28-2012, 09:08 AM
you can't really blame stefan for not removing observer mode. there doesn't seem to be many people who are trying to push the server forward. having a player auction system is nice. being able to buy every single hat is nice. being able to press B and do a bow is nice. but what is this really doing? UN's first step needs to be cutting out the staff who either do nothing or have the "i do what i want" attitude. then come up with a plan on where they want to take the server. maybe then stefan will think about removing observer mode.

Imperialistic
07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
you can't really blame stefan for not removing observer mode. there doesn't seem to be many people who are trying to push the server forward. having a player auction system is nice. being able to buy every single hat is nice. being able to press B and do a bow is nice. but what is this really doing? UN's first step needs to be cutting out the staff who either do nothing or have the "i do what i want" attitude. then come up with a plan on where they want to take the server. maybe then stefan will think about removing observer mode.

For once I actually agree with snoop413. He highlights some pretty valid points.

ffcmike
07-28-2012, 06:47 PM
I thought you said there wasn't going to be a wipe on Classic as long as the player logged in relatively recently and they choose to keep their stuff?

I was referring to the complete server wipe which occurred when we began redevelopment, rather than a player reset. What I meant exactly is that all currencies/credits involved in our primary set of plans are completely fresh, event currency for example is not being awarded until the server goes live, where several controls will be in place from the beginning.

If there is such problems as you mention, then once again, why doesn't Stefan just say he expects them to be dealt with before pursuing an observer mode removal, rather than leaving them in the dark?
Even then, I believe it's fair to say that Classic has been built towards a plan, has a clear long term direction, and certainly has staff trying to push the server forward, yet the level of response I've received towards the plans I have presented have been abysmal.

The issue here isn't a matter of "yes or no", it's a matter of communication. Unless Stefan either provides an explanation of what he expects, or gives proper consideration to any plan presented to him, he is wasting every concerned person's time.

Crono
07-28-2012, 06:51 PM
just make it f2p ffs

Tim_Rocks
07-29-2012, 06:28 AM
I saw observer mode once, I logged out immediately.

Pandar
07-30-2012, 02:08 AM
I must be quite the self-loathing jew if that qualifies as "antisemitism"