PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse 2012 Information

Ogodei
07-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone !

With all of the questions regarding the direction of N-Pulse I'm pleased to give you guys some information. Our management has purchased a development server for iPhone development meaning yes N-Pulse will be going iPhone for sure. That server name is "Dev Ducati_Link".

Our main server will be used for PC development meaning that will plan to have a iPhone and a PC version. As of now, iPhone development is of top priority and we can use all the help we can get.

Our current staff openings are as follows:

Scripting Team
Graphics Team
Sounds & Effects Team

If you have any interest please log on our main server which is still 'N-Pulse', and contact Management or Administration. To keep close tabs with our community please register at http://www.npulse-graal.com and stay tuned !

-Ogodei, Server Admin

fowlplay4
07-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Dear N-Pulse,

If you want to make it to iPhone, you actually have to make it to PC Classic status first before Stefan/unix will take you seriously.

Considering the fact that you are a "Classic-style" server, becoming an iPhone server should be as easy as slapping the iPhone movement system on your PC server and tweaking for the rest of the platform.

With that said, making good playable gameplay that works with a Keyboard/mouse should be your top priority not a platform you haven't proved yourself worthy of.

Sincerely, fp4.

xXziroXx
07-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Dear N-Pulse,

If you want to make it to iPhone, you actually have to make it to PC Classic status first before Stefan/unix will take you seriously.

Considering the fact that you are a "Classic-style" server, becoming an iPhone server should be as easy as slapping the iPhone movement system on your PC server and tweaking for the rest of the platform.

With that said, making good playable gameplay that works with a Keyboard/mouse should be your top priority not a platform you haven't proved yourself worthy of.

Sincerely, fp4.

Delteria.

cbk1994
07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
N-Pulse is starting to look more and more like every UC server ever created.

scriptless
07-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone !

With all of the questions regarding the direction of N-Pulse I'm pleased to give you guys some information. Our management has purchased a development server for iPhone development meaning yes N-Pulse will be going iPhone for sure. That server name is "Dev Ducati_Link".

Our main server will be used for PC development meaning that will plan to have a iPhone and a PC version. As of now, iPhone development is of top priority and we can use all the help we can get.

Our current staff openings are as follows:

Scripting Team
Graphics Team
Sounds & Effects Team

If you have any interest please log on our main server which is still 'N-Pulse', and contact Management or Administration. To keep close tabs with our community please register at http://www.npulse-graal.com and stay tuned !

-Ogodei, Server Admin

You might want to mention that they are offering to pay for developers (scripters I believe). Might draw more attention. Would link but I don't have access to there forums.

Dear N-Pulse,

Sincerely, fp4.

Not worth arguing here, she has already made up her mind that player count is higher priority then a quality PC server, sadly. (not saying they wont be quality when they hit PC, but its more-or-less 2nd concern).

I was actually removed from staff there because she no longer trusted me for arguing that PC is more important. Which was a main suggestion since theres more developers interested in working for PC then iPhone and it is simple to just transfer it over. I believe in a previous thread she said the 2 servers would be the same with minor tweaks but later changed her words to something along the lines of PC being a "side project". So I'm not really sure there plan's they seem change often.

I think N-Pulse in the times of Questing was almost (or with minor adjustments) capable of proving worthness of iPhone. Back when Lucky Canavi and Es Canavi were playing and built an island for N-Pulse and then began development on EoA which latter merged.

Delteria.

Delteria was a popular PC server before it was (well not yet) an iPhone server. It used to be one of my brother's favorite servers.

N-Pulse is starting to look more and more like every UC server ever created.
Not sure what you mean, other then the whole obsession of custom graphics and lack of developers, that ultimately cause most UC servers to fall apart. Ducati was a great manager but after alot of he staff left I think the project more shifted to what she wanted then everyone else. Probably because they all just left her for no reason.

http://www.npulse-graal.com/showthread.php?6-Getting-Paid-to-Develope&p=18#post18 THEY ARE PAYING !!!

fowlplay4
07-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Delteria.

If Stefan/unix actually took them seriously they would have been given an iPhone server (See existence of Zodiac iPhone, Zone iPhone), instead they've been piggybacking off their access to iEra and working under the guise of an accepted iServer.

cbk1994
07-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Not sure what you mean, other then the whole obsession of custom graphics and lack of developers, that ultimately cause most UC servers to fall apart. Ducati was a great manager but after alot of he staff left I think the project more shifted to what she wanted then everyone else. Probably because they all just left her for no reason.

What I mean is that your threads look more and more like the threads of UC servers.

Being defensive/arguing against/ignoring community members giving advice ("we know better").
Server name is "Dev _______".
Targetting iPhone with little apparent hope of actually getting there.
Hiring all staff members, especially scripters!!
Little proofreading in threads.
Spending unnecessary time on things like forums/websites.
Insisting that the project is not dead despite the last several reincarnations failing (original, rebirth (reborn?), iPhone, ...).

This is merely an observation. There's nothing wrong with being a UC server, it's just a rut where a lot of projects fizzle out and die. In some ways I think the best thing a server can do is release, soon, and worry about the details later once your project has been established.

ffcmike
07-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Insisting that the project is not dead despite the last several reincarnations failing (original, rebirth (reborn?), iPhone, ...).

I would go one further on this by saying that it's difficult to take a server seriously when it is constantly changing its mind on what direction to take. It's already hard enough for a server project to succeed when deciding on a direction and sticking with it.

I think back to wiping Classic, it was important to do as much planning as possible and go ahead with it while there was still something of a dev team remaining. Once you lose the bulk of your dev team, it's always going to be very difficult to rebuild it while retaining any sort of collective vision.

xXziroXx
07-17-2012, 02:39 AM
If Stefan/unix actually took them seriously they would have been given an iPhone server (See existence of Zodiac iPhone, Zone iPhone), instead they've been piggybacking off their access to iEra and working under the guise of an accepted iServer.

idk man, i've been a frequent idler on both iPhone Era and Delteria, and the two servers are helping each other frequently. there also seems to be an established release date made.

all I can say for sure is that Novo is doing one hell of a fantastic job managing the server.

Emera
07-17-2012, 02:52 AM
idk man, i've been a frequent idler on both iPhone Era and Delteria, and the two servers are helping each other frequently. there also seems to be an established release date made.

all I can say for sure is that Novo is doing one hell of a fantastic job managing the server.

Amen to that.

Imperialistic
07-17-2012, 03:00 AM
Dear N-Pulse,

Sincerely, fp4.

i love you fowlplay4

Ducati_Link
07-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Scriptless
I removed you because I didn't trust you.. because you threatened to hack me, not because you want a PC version. I then tried talking to you and tried to clear the plate and get on with it.. but you had no bar of it.

Anyway, we are making both version and teams have been put into areas they want to be working in.. and we actually have more people working on the iPhone, than the PC.. so we are looking at that one first. BUT in saying that, we basically want 2 parallel servers, though a few small difference to suit each type of game play.. so what we make for one, is just a conversion for the other.

The only way I can prove this to you is to just keep going, and get it done. Yes, people keep saying we are changing.. but really I have barely changed from when I got management. We have 2 just about complete overworlds, so it's just filling it in now.

I'm really happy with the core team that has been pushing though and getting what they can get done.. it's not the quickest progress.. but we want to make N-Pulse special again.

Hezzy002
07-17-2012, 05:04 AM

i agree cowboy ur a cutie 2

xXziroXx
07-17-2012, 05:35 AM
i agree cowboy ur a cutie 2

dafuq :oo:

cbk1994
07-17-2012, 06:26 AM
Scriptless
I removed you because I didn't trust you.. because you threatened to hack me, not because you want a PC version. I then tried talking to you and tried to clear the plate and get on with it.. but you had no bar of it.

Now I can add to that list:

Staff drama

Imperialistic
07-17-2012, 06:51 AM

Staff drama

Now I have to add to my list;

i love you cbk1994

Ducati_Link
07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I dont think you have to be a UC to include staff dramas.

Imperialistic
07-17-2012, 08:40 AM
I dont think you have to be a UC to include staff dramas.

http://www.thebrosettastone.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/why-you-mad-tho1.jpg

Crono
07-17-2012, 08:56 AM
all I can say for sure is that Novo is doing one hell of a fantastic job carrying the server.

had to do a lil fix up there

Staff drama

oh man, you should have seen classic servers in the past :(

Imperialistic
07-17-2012, 09:34 AM
malinko malinko malinko

qft

Crono
07-17-2012, 10:22 AM
qft

that was technically UC

TheGodAngelo
07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
this just in. N-Pulse: Zombie Apocalypse REBORN.

* Idling like never before
* Staff drama at an ALL TIME HIGH! (you'll never guess who's pregnant)
* We'll change direction so many times YOU'LL NEVER SEE US COMING!
* 20 NEW CHARACTERS INTRODUCED!!
* And some of them might be useful!
* Inspired, Unique, CLASSIC STYLE GAMEPLAY! seen no where else on graal!

I kid with love.

but in all seriousness. some of the best developers npulse had are no longer around. it's a slap in the face to know some of the content they made over the years will never see the light of day.

In most cases. you see it end up on iphone where they charge a small fortune for it.

tempandrew
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Sellouts.

Ducati_Link
07-17-2012, 04:21 PM
All I can say Scriptless.. is listen to yourself. I'm finished with your childish behavior.

-

I will get on contact with Ogo, and we will start posting some updates and things.. for both iphone and PC version.

TheGodAngelo
07-17-2012, 08:06 PM
for a developer, iphone isn't all that appealing. too inflexible.
the staff under stefan don't have much freedom, it's very much about making something that be sold.
and you would now fall under that category if you get to iphone in the first place.
from what i hear from the scripters, making sure the systems run fast is a huge concern. even over the capabilities.

so it's more work, for less content, for more profit. that you'll likely never see.

then agian, developing for the pc is worse. trial restrictions and observer mode are strangling pc graal, which has lead to stagnation and a lower influx of new developers.
though pc players are typically older and more experienced developers. they're usually already on a project.

oh yeah, and if you get a well developed server you can be sure stefan will ignore you as much as he can. his current set of servers make more money with less hassle of developing content outside of things to sell.

so, become a hatshop or a server no one will get to play anyways.
all in all neither choice looks good =(

scriptless
07-17-2012, 08:18 PM
rixwc625bEg

this just in. N-Pulse: Zombie Apocalypse REBORN.

* Idling like never before
* Staff drama at an ALL TIME HIGH! (you'll never guess who's pregnant)
* We'll change direction so many times YOU'LL NEVER SEE US COMING!
* 20 NEW CHARACTERS INTRODUCED!!
* And some of them might be useful!
* Inspired, Unique, CLASSIC STYLE GAMEPLAY! seen no where else on graal!

I kid with love.

but in all seriousness. some of the best developers npulse had are no longer around. it's a slap in the face to know some of the content they made over the years will never see the light of day.

In most cases. you see it end up on iphone where they charge a small fortune for it.

Actually theres about 3 or 4 of us. Graphics, Levels and Scripting that are still around but not interested in developing on an inflexable platform (iphone and probably android).

You guy's forget I used to be NAT Chief back in GS1 day's fixing, rescripting from scratch many of the npc's that exist. I learned from some great scripters such as NervNat, tseng, zido.. There used to be a radio in Level2.graal that I scripted BEFORE they introduced commands for players logging out (which back then the lack of such command ment the listener count was always off)..

To say the great staff of n-pulse arn't around is just wrong. there still around they just migrated to other servers, and the few that didnt lost intrest in n-pulse sometime around Rai being manager, Zido, and Jadynx and them. Once the quest's were removed alot of the playerbase jumped with it.

And yes, they will switch there minds so many times you don't see it comming. I believe theres another thread made where you can see less then 30 days from this one and plans have slightly changed. (now watch them delete this post).

Imperialistic
07-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Actually theres about 3 or 4 of us. Graphics, Levels and Scripting that are still around but not interested in developing on an inflexable platform (iphone and probably android).

You guy's forget I used to be NAT Chief back in GS1 day's fixing, rescripting from scratch many of the npc's that exist. I learned from some great scripters such as NervNat, tseng, zido.. There used to be a radio in Level2.graal that I scripted BEFORE they introduced commands for players logging out (which back then the lack of such command ment the listener count was always off).

Don't toot your own horn too much buddy, every bit of experience you listed is useless. As the game and scripting languages advances through out time, so should you.

Pandar
07-18-2012, 03:14 AM

You guy's forget I used to be NAT Chief back in GS1 day's fixing, rescripting from scratch many of the npc's that exist. I learned from some great scripters such as NervNat, tseng, zido.. There used to be a radio in Level2.graal that I scripted BEFORE they introduced commands for players logging out (which back then the lack of such command ment the listener count was always off)..

To say the great staff of n-pulse arn't around is just wrong. there still around they just migrated to other servers, and the few that didnt lost intrest in n-pulse sometime around Rai being manager, Zido, and Jadynx and them. Once the quest's were removed alot of the playerbase jumped with it.

And yes, they will switch there minds so many times you don't see it comming. I believe theres another thread made where you can see less then 30 days from this one and plans have slightly changed. (now watch them delete this post).

The people you list as being "great scripters" really labels you as true to your username.

Matt
07-18-2012, 03:34 AM
An outstanding first post, Pandar. ^^

Pandar
07-18-2012, 03:35 AM
An outstanding first post, Pandar. ^^

An outstanding 100th post. I have 99 on tempandrew, but I figured I'd switch to the account I actually use these days.

But back to the outstanding part, thanks, I'm amazing.

xXziroXx
07-18-2012, 03:47 AM
BEFORE they introduced commands

You make it sound like making scripts with early GS1 makes you special.

Pandar
07-18-2012, 03:58 AM
You make it sound like making scripts with early GS1 makes you special.

A long time ago, in a distant land, in the days when Stefan gave two ****s about PC Graal, if a kid's britches got too big for playing around with scripting in the OLE, they moved on to N-Pulse, where even the most basic of serverside commands made them soil their undies.