PDA

View Full Version : Change Player Size

E_Man
06-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I want to know how to change the player size, I'm not sure it's possible because I could not find a code for it, but I could find a code to change npc sizes:

setzoomeffect #;

I also saw size changes online, is there a command for it offline for players?

Crow
06-18-2012, 03:57 PM
You can't change a player's size using GS1, nope.

ff7chocoboknight
06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Well, you can make your own character sprites and what-not, and then use onwall2. Or onwall if you know some math.

E_Man
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Well, you can make your own character sprites and what-not, and then use onwall2. Or onwall if you know some math.

I can't rely on sprites too much because to upload a sprite for offline editor, I need to add it to the folder, then delete FILENAMECACHE.TXT and then I got to re-install graal editor from the login menu to make it permanent, and half the time that does not work.

DustyPorViva
06-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I can't rely on sprites too much because to upload a sprite for offline editor, I need to add it to the folder, then delete FILENAMECACHE.TXT and then I got to re-install graal editor from the login menu to make it permanent, and half the time that does not work.

No you don't. All you need to do is learn how to properly work with the Graal image limitations/cache.

1) Images need to be 8-bit indexed from an image editor like Photoshop/Gimp/Graphics Gale. If in doubt, just save it as a gif.

2) Put it into your Graal folder and delete filenamecache.txt, then run GraalEditor. Running any of the Graal tools(editor, graalshop, graal itself) will create a new cache if the old one is missing, thus updating it with the new files. If you're still having issues, have the images in the same folder as the levels you're running and launch the levels directly(by associating .nw files with graaleditor.exe). Graal will always properly load the images of any files in the root of the levels it has opened.

E_Man
06-18-2012, 11:48 PM
No you don't. All you need to do is learn how to properly work with the Graal image limitations/cache.

1) Images need to be 8-bit indexed from an image editor like Photoshop/Gimp/Graphics Gale. If in doubt, just save it as a gif.

2) Put it into your Graal folder and delete filenamecache.txt, then run GraalEditor. Running any of the Graal tools(editor, graalshop, graal itself) will create a new cache if the old one is missing, thus updating it with the new files. If you're still having issues, have the images in the same folder as the levels you're running and launch the levels directly(by associating .nw files with graaleditor.exe). Graal will always properly load the images of any files in the root of the levels it has opened.

I couldn't figure out how to save it as a .gif but I figured out how to set it as 8-bit, thank you ^^

Crow
06-19-2012, 09:07 AM
You can also open up the options in test mode and disable the file name cache just for the editor. Saves you some trouble.

E_Man
06-19-2012, 07:19 PM
You can also open up the options in test mode and disable the file name cache just for the editor. Saves you some trouble.

Didn't work for me :(