PDA

View Full Version : Runa Online

greggiles
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Here is just a little gameplay from Runa.
I am not too concerned about graphics right now, just worried about combat features. So please let me know what you guys think.

Ex. faster combat, slower, different baddie actions.
I need advice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoUivVIhyCE&feature=youtu.be

idk why the youtube player wont play in post .
sorry

Hezzy002
05-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Looks pretty cool. Who's working on it with you?

greggiles
05-30-2012, 01:56 AM
No one. I'm doing it solo at the moment. Will be hiring soon though!

Imperialistic
05-30-2012, 01:57 AM
Haha I actually enjoy it, keep us posted ^^

callimuc
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Very nice! Thats something interesting :)

idk why the youtube player wont play in post .
sorry

Try this (without the space)
SoUivVIhyCE[ /YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]SoUivVIhyCE

WanDaMan
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Haha, very impressive. I like it a lot!! + rep

greggiles
05-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks everyone! I am making a 'board game' themed online game. The Gmap is a giant board game and each piece is a level you have to complete to move on to the next level. These is no "classes" but the more you fight with a certain weapon, the more your character or "playing piece" is better at. I have a two handed weapon system so you can put any weapon or any rune card(enables magic in that hand) in any hand you please. 'Z' controls one hand, X controls the other. very simple controls. I don't want to give away all my plans because it's a little secret project :) I am currently getting better graphics made and some music and what not. I will keep everyone posted on progress.

And once again, thanks for the compliments. It REALLY keeps me motivated to keep working.

Emera
05-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Fantastic work!

Hezzy002
05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
I really like this from a conceptual standpoint. Keep up the good work and you'll probably see it hitting iOS devices. Just don't let them screw you out of some money.

Emera
05-30-2012, 04:22 PM
I really like this from a conceptual standpoint. Keep up the good work and you'll probably see it hitting iOS devices. Just don't let them screw you out of some money.

That's the price you've got to pay unfortunately. In my opinion though, as long as you're satisfied with all of your hard work, then whatever happens to money isn't any concern of mine.

Crono
05-30-2012, 04:26 PM
neat :]

Fulg0reSama
05-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Awesome idea, it's cool to see a beat em up being made.

I just hope to see less newgrounds stuff in it later when production is more completed along the way :D

greggiles
05-30-2012, 04:45 PM

Haha. Yes, I would like to hit the app store one day. But money is not my concern. My goal is to just give the graal community a new experience and something totally new and fresh. :) I also want future developers to see that you don't have to be a pro at GS2, or GFX, or LATing, as long as you have the determination to strive to make something new.

And like I said early, I can not tell you guys how much I appreciate the positive freed back! It really really really keeps me on track and motivated. Especially coming from you developers which are much better than I am.

THANK YOU!

xXziroXx
05-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Great job, keep it up. :)

DrakilorP2P
05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
This looks very cool.

Galdor
05-31-2012, 10:50 PM
***** xD awesome dude, it looks really flashy :D

Hiro
06-01-2012, 01:02 AM
Good work, even if I don't really like it.

brokk
06-01-2012, 03:48 AM
I can't wait til it's done! :D

Tim_Rocks
06-01-2012, 04:43 AM
cute

greggiles
06-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Just giving you guys that are curious an update. The server is going good. Have a new body system and much better more 'Action Pack' combat. A new cleaner HUD, weapons, skills, too much to list :)

In the next two weeks I will probably be posting a new video of the new combat system.

I would also like to thank the people who applied for LATs and GFXs. I started with about 18 apps and I narrowed it down to 4. I will email those people back in the next day or so. DON'T feel bad if I did not select you to be staff. I will be hiring more in the future, I just want to concentrate on getting core gameplay done.
Then I'll make it look pretty.

And Please feel free to still private message me any questions you may have.

Have a nice day!

Elk
06-15-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm really really looking forward to this!

All GATs, go help him!

If you need help with Art Direction or Mechanic Structurizing, I could help you with that

greggiles
06-15-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm really really looking forward to this!

All GATs, go help him!

If you need help with Art Direction or Mechanic Structurizing, I could help you with that

I may take you up on that. Iv'e been working with many different bodies and I'm not sure which one I want to work with. After I get all my concept art done this week you'll be hearing from me!!

swimdude
06-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I can't load videos atm.. Mind posting pictures for future reference ?

Zexon
06-15-2012, 03:25 PM
You're doing something no ones done before - being differnet.
People lack this

Keep on this project its very rare to see someone who wants to actually do something unlike 100% of the new servers that arent Era,Zodiac,Un.