PDA

View Full Version : new n-pulse news

zerxusgraal
05-20-2012, 09:49 AM
hello. nice of you to come visit :)
we have decided that n-pulse was falling to far from the 'classic' look and feeling. so we have decided on a new tileset. pretty much a pics1 with a few edits :)
we also started a new ow, and we are making good progress.

I'll talk to ducati about a new preview thread but until then here's a level to look at. :)

Rave_J
05-20-2012, 04:29 PM
really ? if u guys hope pics1.png then N-Pulse is dead for good no unquie to it use rebirth tileset or eoa dang

Emera
05-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Level looks great! Good job.

really ? if u guys hope pics1.png then N-Pulse is dead for good no unquie to it use rebirth tileset or eoa dang

English please.

MattKan
05-20-2012, 05:38 PM
I really like this level. However I really, really liked the old tile set, so why not use it?

Crono
05-20-2012, 06:14 PM
http://screensnapr.com/e/m1a2wp.png

such good tiling.

Ducati_Link
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM

I very much disagree

Not many, if any, use the original tileset anymore.. This is Graal after all, so why not make a true Graal server? It's what alot of us feel in love with.

Unkownsoldier
05-20-2012, 06:21 PM
I like the level, but it just doesn't feel like N-Pulse anymore. Just by the style and tiles.

TheGodAngelo
05-20-2012, 08:21 PM

as much as it hurts my eyes to read this garbled post, i have to agree with him. learn english. :asleep:

the rebirth tileset would be more fitting. or even the old eoa.

although this is certainly a step up from the mashup of free tiles, i believe a lack of individuality would hurt the server more than help. really before npulse died it was UN number 2.

now most of npulse is on iphone, so you'd not only be competing with the various other playerworlds trying to be "classic" you'd end up competing with iphone.

goodluck pulse :) remember, the only way to stand out is to stand out!

skillmaster19
05-20-2012, 11:08 PM
as much as it hurts my eyes to read this garbled post, i have to agree with him. learn english. :asleep:

the rebirth tileset would be more fitting. or even the old eoa.

although this is certainly a step up from the mashup of free tiles, i believe a lack of individuality would hurt the server more than help. really before npulse died it was UN number 2.

now most of npulse is on iphone, so you'd not only be competing with the various other playerworlds trying to be "classic" you'd end up competing with iphone.

goodluck pulse :) remember, the only way to stand out is to stand out!
To clarify, are you stating that most of the old content on NPulse was added to the iPhone server, or the new nPulse is hoping to be on iPhone?

Rave_J
05-20-2012, 11:12 PM
I very much disagree

Not many, if any, use the original tileset anymore.. This is Graal after all, so why not make a true Graal server? It's what alot of us feel in love with.

UN use it but its not use that much no more due
to the fact when it was made in late 99 or 2000
we were still using gs1 since then things have change and can explore ur unquie level on graal itself.

u want english here to sum it up
i think you have to put effort in building a server to make it be successful
anybody can go on pics1 make a overworld upload the most simple things and apply classic tab but be warn don't get mad if u only get 30 players max after the first month and be taken back off classic tab

this is a statement look at UN stright up classic server and there hardly holding on from dieing
you need to realize this new community they don't want to c this well unless if its on Iphone due its a new community

zerxusgraal
05-20-2012, 11:31 PM
What we want is a graal server. We are using and editing pics1 as we have and will add things we see fit and needed.
we are building the overworld to fit the thought out gameplay. We have a nice storyline thought out as well as some player vs player action.
what will stand out on n-pulse might not be the tileset, but the use of it and the other parts of development. If you think a server will fail because the tileset remains clean and close to the original that's fine. But it's not what i think. :)
only time can tell and we will do what we can to make a great server.

Rave_J
05-21-2012, 01:03 AM
so instead of revamping a new server y not just release the old one it was classic style but for some reason while i play we were over 100+ drop down to 20 players i think history of N-Pulse speak for itself i still stand by what i said if u guys have a chance to come back it would be from NP Rebirth

Ducati_Link
05-21-2012, 01:42 AM
Old N-Pulse doesn't cut it these days. We, like everyone else, have to pass the Graal Board to get back online. N-Pulse is one of the original servers, and we personaly would like to see it stay that way. It doesn't mean old buggy scripts, terrible levels and graphics.. we are going to make a classic server to our best ability, while bringing in new ideas.

The OW we have done for this isn't 'classic N-Pulse' but if you know Classic N-Pulse, and it's history.. you will certainly pick up the points we have done. We have based it all on N-Pulse history, the towns, the people, certain story/quests.. we have, and keep going back to the old classic N-Pulse for inspiration, and think how we can make those small ideas awesome.

Also to add 2 points..

1. N-Pulse didn't take off UN, UN took off N-Pulse.
2. UN doesn't use the original pics1, it uses the new version of pics1.

DustyPorViva
05-21-2012, 02:29 AM
http://screensnapr.com/e/m1a2wp.png

such good tiling.

If only it matched the cliff palette.

(hint: change it to match the cliff palette)

TheGodAngelo
05-21-2012, 02:29 AM
To clarify, are you stating that most of the old content on NPulse was added to the iPhone server, or the new nPulse is hoping to be on iPhone?

"stating that most of the old content on NPulse was added to the iPhone server"
not just old content either, almost all of my unreleased graphics. have ended up on iphone.

i can get over that, the server died and the vultures came and picked it clean.
what really gets me is that they charge players to use hats i made, everything i made should be free:cry:

Crono
05-21-2012, 05:28 AM
but its not use that much no more due
to the fact when it was made in late 99 or 2000

uh, the current version of it was edited in late 2001 by konidias. plus, that isn't why it's not used anymore. zodiac could easily use it for most of its levels (as a matter of fact zodiac is practically using pics1.png, just with some stupid colors).

Hezzy002
05-21-2012, 06:03 AM
You should seriously go back to the graphics from the preview.

Stop thinking of N-Pulse in terms of old N-Pulse. Think of it as N-Pulse 2.0. You should keep the gameplay largely the same, but the presentation has to be upped to match modern standards.

Imperialistic
05-21-2012, 06:15 AM
shouldn't some sort of game plan be written up before you guys start developing in a certain direction? seems like every time N-Pulse makes progress, the work is trashed and redone.

Ducati_Link
05-21-2012, 06:59 AM
We have a game plan - that hasn't changed. We've added to it, and made a OW to suit it better. We are recycling 99% of the levels, just moving them about a bit.

Okay, I'm re-looking at the tileset. Lets see how we can work this.. updates to come.

DustyPorViva
05-21-2012, 07:17 PM
I'd rather see pics1 used over some horrible pics1 recolor/shitty edit(which tends to be the case). "Oh look, I took pics1, darkened it, upped the contrast and slapped a horrible spray-tool grass texture on it! This makes my server unique, and by law, better looking!"

Ducati_Link
05-22-2012, 01:19 AM
I totally agree Dusty.