PDA

View Full Version : Something Fun

FaLLChiLD
04-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I have not had internet, cable, or much else to occupy free time for some months now. Thus I spend random nights engulfed in creativity and brainstorming that flies in every direction.

As a former Delterian, I can honestly say the Delteria feeling is dwindling from the server. It's been almost a decade since it went "off the map" and into development. The majority of those years spent solely to the Island of Kal'jun and it's Port/City. Some ground breaking material came forth. Alas, time or lack thereof - mixed with the fail safe shortage of developers, she failed to bear the fruit of her laborers.
So...with so much time past, only half of you probably remember Delteria. For those who do, below is a concept map for a new Delteria!
I always loved the town names and particular landmarks therein, with the addition of some new land marks that were to be (Mt. Lone, Abiline Forest, the Mines, etc.) With this image came lots of innovative ideas, mostly still sitting in the noggin, but I digress.

This is nothing more than eye candy to those who appreciate it.
I do not work for the server Delteria. I have no ties to current development. These ideas are my own. This is not a bash thread. These thoughts are my own.
I apologize for any feelings of condescension, tried to keep it minimal. This is by far the biggest post I've ever had.
Happy Nostalgia!

MysticalDragon
05-01-2012, 07:17 AM
great art!

FaLLChiLD
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Thanks bud! I spent a little more time than probably needed on it like handwriting all the text to look pretty, the S.S. Glub crossbones, random blimp, etc.

Feels like Super Mario World eh? :p

MysticalDragon
05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Agreed you should turn your boring lust into some Delteria work :P

papajchris
05-06-2012, 08:59 PM
See the issue i had working with Delt was the levels they wasn't up to my standards it was like crap thrown together to push it faster which i hated and the ideas concept was alot like UN so there for i left .... it sucks but i didn't want to stick around for that i still think it die with Cloven and Sandaz idea's and them went out the window

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6jH4WQ72gns/Ta20LgzNUVI/AAAAAAAABHQ/KA-W-y-sE9g/s1600/ObamaHellNo.jpg

fowlplay4
05-06-2012, 09:05 PM
you and your picture are not funny enough to post 3 times zeus

also how does 'aw hell naw' even apply to the situation?

Fulg0reSama
05-06-2012, 09:17 PM

He's spamming.

papajchris
05-07-2012, 02:03 AM

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/_e11e-designs/Jealous-Jelous-.jpg

taylor
05-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I think his pictures are funny enough to post an unlimited amount of times. so **** you and stop deciding for everyone ****face

smirt362
05-07-2012, 09:30 PM
An actual overworld map like that would be AMAZING. Something Super Mario World-ish. Val's is pretty much just flat, but it would be pretty cool to have a height aspect too on a mini-overworld.

http://i.imgur.com/yd79l.jpg

Fulg0reSama
05-07-2012, 11:04 PM
I think his pictures are funny enough to post an unlimited amount of times. so **** you and stop deciding for everyone ****face

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/image.php?u=6208&type=sigpic&dateline=1300675660
Nope.

Crono
05-08-2012, 12:51 AM
An actual overworld map like that would be AMAZING. Something Super Mario World-ish. Val's is pretty much just flat, but it would be pretty cool to have a height aspect too on a mini-overworld.

when val first released that overworld map style in 2004 it was amazing. there hasnt really been anyone there to alter it though or expand on it. the old version of it was also aesthetically much more pleasing.

Rave_J
05-10-2012, 04:43 AM
ya thats the only Val i played was when it first came out on classic tab that when it was fun .. after that it was destory

Emera
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
This'll be a nice iPad wallpaper.

Crono
05-10-2012, 08:29 PM
ya thats the only Val i played was when it first came out on classic tab that when it was fun .. after that it was destory

that wasn't when it first came out on classic tab and it was after they killed the rpg gameplay

Rave_J
05-11-2012, 01:40 AM
im talking about when it very first release val on classic tab i think it was 02 i think
thats when it was fun but after a while someone flood the gmap and went down hill from there

MysticalDragon
05-11-2012, 10:47 PM

Because his levels where crap so its completely relevant.

Edit: You don't like delteria don't post, Anymore negative post will be deleted.

FaLLChiLD
05-13-2012, 05:52 AM
This'll be a nice iPad wallpaper.

My image? :D

Emera
05-13-2012, 12:31 PM
My image? :D

Yeahz <3

Kiwi27
05-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Awesome work, but you forgot something - Kiwi Island.
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j421/KiwiGraal/delteria_KiwiIsland.png

Kiwi Island is a highly mountainous island, covered with dense forests, lakes, and waterfalls. It is home to only brown trout, Kea, Kakapo, Kiwi birds, Weka, Weta, Huhu beetles, and any other New Zealand animals. The only way to reach the top of Kiwi Islands high cliffs is through the underwater cave system on the South side.