PDA

View Full Version : Another sound

Gunderak
12-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Just another random sound I have been working on.
Sort of classical style.
Also does anyone know of any MIDI maker for iPhone?
I have paid $9.99 for an app called Midi Edit, but it isn't as good as I initially expected, as it crashes a lot and the UI is hard to use on a small screen.

Emera
12-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Getting better! Sounds ok, and doesn't seem as chaotic as the last one. Keep working with what you're doing :3 Here's some advice. Obviously you have 3 or 4 melodies playing over each other, and most of the time they clash and don't work well. Try creating a single melody to start off with, and make sure it's a regular pattern, nothing fancy just a simple melody. Slowly start to add a tune on top and then syncopate your melody if you feel it's going to work well. Don't try it all at once <3

Gunderak
12-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks, Making song's has actually been a dream of mine once.
I finally found out you don't need all that expensive equipment, any old basic MIDI composer and knowledge of music will do it.

Emera
12-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks, Making song's has actually been a dream of mine once.
I finally found out you don't need all that expensive equipment, any old basic MIDI composer and knowledge of music will do it.

Correct. Obviously if you want to start leaning towards more complex pieces of music, you should consider buying some decent software and some equipment, but you don't really need that for Graal.

Gunderak
12-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Well I have a $1,200 Electronic keyboard and two Electric Guitars, If only I had an AMP > PC MIDI cable....

Emera
12-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Well I have a $1,200 Electronic keyboard and two Electric Guitars, If only I had an AMP > PC MIDI cable....

A decent mic if you're looking into sound effects and orchestral compositions would be a good addition to you're collection too. If you want a good place to look for a decent deal on music software, search for ACID music studio by SONY. It's the best I've ever used.

Gunderak
12-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I'll look into that, But I need something so I can get the MIDI data from my Electronic Piano to my PC lol.
1.4 inch jack if I recall correctly.

Gunderak
01-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Done a little more on it, Added more of an "intro" feeling to it.

Emera
01-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Done a little more on it, Added more of an "intro" feeling to it.

You've just added more of what I advised you not to add X_X