PDA

View Full Version : First Song

Gunderak
12-29-2011, 03:14 PM
I haven't really ventured off into sound making before today, So I have decided to give it a go.
My aim was to make a techno song that sounds 80'sish and could be used in an OSL. Here is what I have got so far, Any feedback or advice is appreciated, thanks.

Emera
12-29-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not BAD for your first song, but I'm going to point out some things that don't really go together properly in this tune.

Your melody is everywhere, and changes tempo randomly. It sounds confusing.
It sounds a little out of tune and notes sound like they're scattered everywhere.

Work on those first, and come back with what you've got. Like I say it's not a bad try for your first song, but can be improved. +rep for trying ^_^ I need to spread some reputation first!

Gunderak
12-29-2011, 04:07 PM
First off, thanks.
The tempo doesn't change, I just use different notes.
Instead of crochets I'm mainly using quavers.
It's at a solid 200bpm, I'll do some more of it tomorrow and modify bits.
Thanks for the feedback.
There is also a mid file attached, Not sure if you opened it as it still has 0 views.

Emera
12-29-2011, 04:15 PM
First off, thanks.
The tempo doesn't change, I just use different notes.
Instead of crochets I'm mainly using quavers.
It's at a solid 200bpm, I'll do some more of it tomorrow and modify bits.
Thanks for the feedback.
There is also a mid file attached, Not sure if you opened it as it still has 0 views.

Yeah I listened to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't give feedback :P

iBeatz
12-29-2011, 05:15 PM
I agree with what Emera said, it does sound like you've plonked in random notes to make a melody and it really does sound jumpy.
Try placing your notes closer together, ie. don't have such large jumps between one note and the next note, that might ease out the jumpiness. Also, try making the melody flow instead of having it jump to seemingly random notes, if you know what I mean by that.

Felix_Xenophobe
12-29-2011, 05:45 PM
drop the tripple feel on the lead melody and it should be alright