PDA

View Full Version : Memories or soon to come?

TheJames
11-23-2011, 06:43 AM
Does this server look fun to you? Mind you, we have guns yes. So please don't jump to conclusions. Look at the pictures, we're far from any average modern server :]

Fulg0reSama
11-23-2011, 07:13 AM
I won't lie to you, but this looks rather poor in presentation (literally, referring to using jpgs)
Not willing to comment more then that without seeing it for myself.

Elk
11-23-2011, 08:13 AM
I never really liked the sprites :/

Crow
11-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Default blue GUI stuff doesn't make this look any good.

NicoX
11-23-2011, 08:36 AM

True. Looks weird.

Fulg0reSama
11-23-2011, 08:43 AM

Likewise.

Clockwork
11-23-2011, 08:44 AM
These screenshots need to be memories... Please, you should move past this. :(

xXziroXx
11-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Does this server look fun to you?

Not one bit.

fowlplay4
11-23-2011, 03:51 PM
The only thing Atrius succeeded in was pissing people off by replacing default heads.

TSAdmin
11-23-2011, 04:08 PM
g15.jpg makes me wanna gauge my eyes out, to be perfectly honest with you. The particles don't match the level they're in, for starters. Not to mention there doesn't appear to be any discernible reason for there to be particles in that level to begin with. If there's any alpha filtering on them, it's set far too high.

I'm in agreement with the sprites stance mentioned above.

g10.jpg has a non-default GUI that should trend throughout the server's interfaces. g6.jpg is just a shamble.

Tileset isn't appeasing. There's too much dark, even the hospital looks like a funeral home... although, even funeral homes have more colour than that.

MattKan
11-23-2011, 06:01 PM
The problem is that, from my standpoint, having never played the server before, it looks decent.

But there's already a modern server filling the niche on Graal, and there's no need for another one, so you really shouldn't bother.

callimuc
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Also never played the server, but I somehow like it.
Things I like:
- Quests which kind of look nice
- Your ideas. Like changing the cars colors instead of buying a new one

Things Iīd change:
- Donīt go too far into the Era/Zone style (Zone: Style of characters; Era: the tileset pretty much looks like it)
- Make some new stuff, which havnīt been seen on Graal or just very randomly.
- Fix some graphics, like the tanks.
- Fix the blue GUIs. Doesnīt seem to fit the server.

fowlplay4
11-23-2011, 07:05 PM
But there's already a modern server filling the niche on Graal, and there's no need for another one, so you really shouldn't bother.

Just because Era is around doesn't mean it's pointless to try and create a modern server.

It is pointless to re-create a modern server using the same Era formula while bringing nothing relatively new to the table.

Elk
11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
wud u plai dis? wip spots
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18369116/img/WIPScreen.jpg

Stephen
11-23-2011, 07:15 PM
I kind of thought it was pictures of Era from 2006. Not even joking.

Emera
11-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Default blue GUI stuff doesn't make this look any good.
Ditto. It would have looked way nicer if the default GUI bitmap didn't catch my eye first.

TheJames
11-24-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess i'll just retire Atrius.. Even though it's hard as hell to build a server and it has gotten so far.. But then again, I see alot of you reading this and hardly any of you play client? Atleast I don't see you on.

Anyways, I plan on merging systems and content on Era from Atrius so we can conjoin forces and get the best of both worlds. Like the one guy mentioned, there's not enough room for another modern server, let alone any classic server :[ playercount needs to go up.

Thanks for your input.

Arch_Angel
11-24-2011, 05:08 AM
http://www.lostgolfer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/charles-barkley-breaks-club.jpg

Fulg0reSama
11-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Personally, I think the part about there being no more room for classic servers and modern servers is 100% right, which is why I believe we need to really try moving onto different forms of servers.

Stephen
11-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Personally, I think the part about there being no more room for classic servers and modern servers is 100% right, which is why I believe we need to really try moving onto different forms of servers.
Let's say you and I decide to open a specialized widget shop. We sell widgets in a large variety of colors - to suit nearly any preference.

Regardless of our widget selection there will be only so many customers... which we will have effectively spread across the entire range of colors. Let's say there's 50 colors and 500 customers. On average we would expect each color to have 10 regular customers.

However, that's not the reality of color preference. There will be a huge majority which prefer red, then another percentage of our customer base will want black. Smaller still, some will want white. But ultimately, the majority of our colors will go ignored.

What I'm saying here is that we don't need a wide spectrum of server styles. In fact, it's my belief that we need fewer player worlds at this point to focus the creative talent left in the community.

A few good servers with a great deal of creative talent will regularly produce high quality content... which is just fun to play. TheJames' plan to merge content with Era is very promising. Era is a pretty good concept but the quality of the material has been poor from day one. Zodiac is another good example - their concept is great but the demand for content often cannot be met with quality material (visually).

ff7chocoboknight
11-24-2011, 08:20 PM
No, make your own server.

wud u plai dis? wip spots
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18369116/img/WIPScreen.jpg

God, yes.

TheJames
12-01-2011, 05:16 AM
TheJames' plan to merge content with Era is very promising. Era is a pretty good concept but the quality of the material has been poor from day one.

Thank you for your support Stephen.. I figured since there is such a low player count I might as well put all of my work of over 4 years into a server like Era instead of competing. I'm grateful working for Era finally so we can work together and improve Era to it's fullest potential.. It's going to be a really awesome server when completed. Era Dev is looking beautiful. I'm excited for everyone to see it :]

NicoX
12-01-2011, 05:24 AM
God, yes.

Yeah

alskdjfhg
12-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Keep that Atrius garbage off Era, thank you very much.

ff7chocoboknight
12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Keep that Era garbage off Graal, thank you very much.

Draenin
12-03-2011, 04:24 AM
It's a decent start. And yes, I know you've been working on it for a while, but I think some things would need to be seriously improved if you think it might be worthwhile to continue it. I am not so negative as to say you should quit, but it might not hurt to take it in a new direction that won't require you to scrap everything.

Stephen
12-03-2011, 04:29 AM
It's a decent start. And yes, I know you've been working on it for a while, but I think some things would need to be seriously improved if you think it might be worthwhile to continue it. I am not so negative as to say you should quit, but it might not hurt to take it in a new direction that won't require you to scrap everything.
I'm not really sure there's many different directions with a shooter server. I can't think of any, can you think of some? Maybe some great NPC AI would give the server an edge but beyond that I'm at a loss.

Supaman771
12-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Looks like the same old Atrius.
By same old, I mean the last 6 times.

Sure at one point, Atrius was a contending server, but I think you've beat the dead horse enough.
And if I see any of those grotesque custom bodies on Era, I will murder you.

As far as gun servers go, I liked how SoG and Sage's Zombie server broke the mold. Too bad they didn't stick around or get completed. But I don't know what much else you can do with Guns that hasn't been done yet (Zone, Era, Ol'West, SoG, Necro).

Crono
12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
As far as gun servers go, I liked how SoG and Sage's Zombie server broke the mold. Too bad they didn't stick around or get completed. But I don't know what much else you can do with Guns that hasn't been done yet (Zone, Era, Ol'West, SoG, Necro).

What are you on about? SoG was nothing original, it was basically Zone in a WW2 environment. Hell, the people behind it were cute little Zone nooblets iirc.

Clockwork
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
What are you on about? SoG was nothing original, it was basically Zone in a WW2 environment. Hell, the people behind it were cute little Zone nooblets iirc.

;_; SoG was more fast paced and even a bit more stragetic with the crowded/small maps. Reminds me more of CoD or TF2 rather than how zone reminds me of battlefield.

Fulg0reSama
12-03-2011, 08:11 PM
;_;

http://rustyhearts-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=14708646000&type=sigpic&dateline=1311775979