PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse Hiring GFX

Gold1
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Morning everyone. because Me and Ducati are managers now.
And N-Pulse will definitely be going in the right direction.
We will be reverting to 1999-2002 era. with a Zelda type theme.
We need some help with GFX.
If ANY of you are at all interested please send me a message either through RC, Player (HIM) OR my Email [email protected]
Ill get back to you asap.
Thanks for your cooperation guys.
I'm looking forward to seeing my Old N-Pulse friends again.

Mark Sir Link
09-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm convinced

NicoX
09-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Morning everyone. because Me and Ducati are managers now.
And N-Pulse will defiantly be going in the right direction.
We will be reverting to 1999-2002 era. with a zelda type theme.
We need some help with GFX.
If ANY of you are at all interested please send me a message either through RC, Player (HIM) OR my Email [email protected]
Ill get back to you asap.
Thanks for your cooperation guys.
I'm looking forward to seeing my Old N-Pulse friends again.

Well since here are many many new Players and cant remember Npulse back in 1999 - 2002 you guy should tell more about this Project and show some Screenshots about what is already done etc. Would be nice to see :) And maybe a short Stafflist would be cool, too.

What makes Npulse better then the other 132187403 Dev Servers?

Thank you for answering.

ffcmike
09-03-2011, 12:17 AM
And N-Pulse will defiantly be going in the right direction.

Now this is what I like, a Manager who defiantly goes in what he feels is the right direction.

NicoX
09-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Now this is what I like, a Manager who defiantly goes in what he feels is the right direction.

lol nice

Gold1
09-03-2011, 03:28 AM
-.-; Forgive me for the typo.
I corrected it.
This is a serious thread.
Trolls Gtfo.

Gold1
09-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Pretty much what is going on is, As of RIGHT now.
We are working on the main priorities.
Completing Tileset
Events (older events will be brought back)
Quests.
The project is Zelda based and we feel that going Classic would be best for N-Pulse.
I will be adding some screenshots once the tileset is complete.

scriptless
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Any GFX people willing to work for N-Pulse, contact me and I will pay for your gold the entire time you are working for us.

NicoX
09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Any GFX people willing to work for N-Pulse, contact me and I will pay for your gold the entire time you are working for us.

Nice offer. Rep+

SlikRick
09-04-2011, 03:06 AM

N-Pulse retained its Classic status so gold time is not required to log onto it.

Bubble13
09-04-2011, 03:08 AM
N-Pulse retained its Classic status so gold time is not required to log onto it.

But what about trials?

NicoX
09-04-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah would be a cool offer for Trials, but I dont really know Developers with trial status :o
But maybe they will paid in gold so they can play Kingdoms or Zone or something :p Or use the gelats for something else. Dont know.

patrickp2p
09-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Agreed! I love what you and Ducati are doing! Unlike MOST servers, this one is getting things done. <3

Gold1
09-04-2011, 02:09 PM
What have you guys ever wanted to see on a server?
Idc if its NPC something fun an event whatever. Anything?
List ALL ideas.

Thanks guys.

NicoX
09-04-2011, 02:21 PM
This thread is going even worser.....
Thats a hiring Thread not an "idea collecting thread"

You guys want to bring back old N-Pulse. Why not just uploading a Backup of it and rescript some scripts and making some new Quests / Events
????

Gold1
09-04-2011, 02:38 PM
To be honest that is exactly what I wanted to do.
Old N-Pulse to me was perfect. It had a few bugs and a few bad scripts.
But over all i wouldn't have changed a thing.
But i have to think about new players and everyone else.
Not just myself.
But personally i would love to do exactly what you suggested.

Thanks for the input though :)

NicoX
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I would try to realize that. Maybe you can get old players back to N-Pulse with that idea. Im sure a Playercount of 30+ should be possible for it.
Btw. I would play it :P Miss that times.
But you are right. New Players are the problem. You need to impress them.
Maybe old N-pulse with a new look (tileset)
Some new Events and some new Quests.
Daily updates so ppl wont get bored on N-Pulse. Everytime something to do.
And and and..

Gold1
09-04-2011, 02:53 PM
That is exactly what we are currently doing.
We are making a new tileset now. However.
I'm still trying to gather more opinions on what people think.
Me personally I'm all for pics1.png
But I'm just a classic person I guess.
But most new players aren't that fond N-Pulse anyway.
So I'm in a roadblock. When i head Old N-Pulse was
coming back. That is exactly what I thought.
The ONLY thing I thought we would have to had changed was
the gs1 scripting into gs2.
And the faulty errors here and there.
I didn't even expect a new tileset or anything.
Its not what I personally want BUT I want to make everyone happy
:)

NicoX
09-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Ok nice idea.
I would search on other Forums for Graphic Artists. So you can pay them some bucks for remaking ur Tileset. Maybe you have some luck and you g et someone making it for not much money. :)
On Graal it is very hard to find good Graphic Artist who would work on N-Pulse since they are already working on other projects.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/
I would prefer

Try ur luck. I hope you will bring N-Pulse back to Classic Tab. Really
So empty without the good old Servers.

Gold1
09-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Trust me. It WILL be back.
I just cant give you a time estimate..
If i had all my Staff. We could get to work.
But i will get there ^^

TheRuckus
09-04-2011, 03:13 PM
wait am i the first one?
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261109

Gold1
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Why is this noob even posting on my thread.
Gtfo. Really.

Elk
09-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Simplicity...

I want a server that is not too crowded, that catches my attantion with ease again!

The main focus should be the fun in playing, not the mere intention of bringing up a server and scratch a living with it. Most games fail to get that point and transmit the information to the consumer! So on one side, its good that you're asking what players want...but that does only satisfy them temporarily, and it covers their current needs.
You should invest energy in planning way further, not only speculate, but also plan empirical.

As for myself, to answer your question, I think I would like a server to have fun on, with a big variety of minor/major quests that are designed with depth, aswell as simple ones that are not as rewarding as harder ones (repeatable) and professions that are balanced (gathering plants, profession quests, and so on...)

Ok now I lost my point....dumb ADD

Emera
09-04-2011, 05:08 PM
wait am i the first one?
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261109

But gold he does kind of have a point. But no doubt when gold is ready he will put up an official hiring thread that is bit more in-depth with hiring details than this. He has a lot on his plate at the moment.

Gold1
09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I will once everything is set in stone. THEN i will post everything with all the details.
We have only been up for 3 weeks.
Guys give me time alright. We are still deciding on what exactly we are going to do.

scriptless
09-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah would be a cool offer for Trials, but I dont really know Developers with trial status :o
But maybe they will paid in gold so they can play Kingdoms or Zone or something :p Or use the gelats for something else. Dont know.

My offer was because not all people have "classic" accounts. And I am not sure if Trials can login to rc with a Trial account.. Also maybe it would encourage players of pay-to-play servers to help dev for us.

Ok nice idea.
I would search on other Forums for Graphic Artists. So you can pay them some bucks for remaking ur Tileset. Maybe you have some luck and you g et someone making it for not much money. :)
On Graal it is very hard to find good Graphic Artist who would work on N-Pulse since they are already working on other projects.

http://www.wayofthepixel.net/
I would prefer

Try ur luck. I hope you will bring N-Pulse back to Classic Tab. Really
So empty without the good old Servers.

I would be interested in finding sites in the near future to hire artists. Would need to talk with out 2 managers.

To be honest that is exactly what I wanted to do.
Old N-Pulse to me was perfect. It had a few bugs and a few bad scripts.
But over all i wouldn't have changed a thing.
But i have to think about new players and everyone else.
Not just myself.
But personally i would love to do exactly what you suggested.

Thanks for the input though :)
I like where N-Pulse is heading right now. As N-Pulse progressed over the years from 03 ish to present I have noticed the shift of focus from Quests to Entertainment. But it rather lacked content. Everyone can Idle in level2.graal and do nothing (because they have all items).

Bring back the old quests would be cool but new players can be picky on looks so levels would need to be updated to todays standards. I recently ran thru a copy of the old Saga quest. It had the spinning fireball as a boss. The levels were not very impressive to be honest but it still felt fun because its more then giving a npc to a player and watch them get bored by the next day.

But since this is listed as A "GFX Hiring" thread can we please stay on topic?

Ducati_Link
09-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Simplicity...

I want a server that is not too crowded, that catches my attantion with ease again!

The main focus should be the fun in playing, not the mere intention of bringing up a server and scratch a living with it. Most games fail to get that point and transmit the information to the consumer! So on one side, its good that you're asking what players want...but that does only satisfy them temporarily, and it covers their current needs.
You should invest energy in planning way further, not only speculate, but also plan empirical.

As for myself, to answer your question, I think I would like a server to have fun on, with a big variety of minor/major quests that are designed with depth, aswell as simple ones that are not as rewarding as harder ones (repeatable) and professions that are balanced (gathering plants, profession quests, and so on...)

Ok now I lost my point....dumb ADD

Elk, you hit the nail right on the head!

patrickp2p
09-04-2011, 06:54 PM
^ Because it's N-pulse with an old style but not the same. Everyone does the same. It's oh so boring, which is why they are striving for something new but yet something "Comfortable" that players will enjoy. I've never played Zelda but I like the style of it and the music when you log on. This is Him's (Gold1) thread, so I think Ideas is a good idea. ^_^

SlikRick
09-05-2011, 04:00 AM
You guys want to bring back old N-Pulse. Why not just uploading a Backup of it and rescript some scripts and making some new Quests / Events
????

This seems like a good idea and that it would be simple, but it is by no means simple at all. I looked into doing this about a year ago, but needless to say it was just a huge disaster. There are literally thousands of scripts all over the overworld that would need to be converted over to GS2. On top of that the overworld itself would need a face life, and that consists of hundreds of levels, and you really do not even need an overworld that big because it is just wasted space and filler. Ducati has the right idea of what should be done in order to rebuild N-Pulse to its former status.

Gold1
09-05-2011, 05:23 AM
Its not simple. no but as for Aly yes shes knows where to point us in the right direction.
All I'm saying is N-Pulse will be amazing once everything gets completed.

Rave_J
09-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I still dont think old npluse will be any good. ya would keep us busy for what a week ? maybe
even UN quest all there stuff not even a week then your bored again. I just think you guys need to plan something unquie thats never been done before. Honestly We already have UN plz dont e another UN theres a reason u guys drop from 90 players to hardly any. So i think revamping Moonie and Moon God would be any good ur wrong maybe back in 06 but Rai change it for a reason so plz think about what u guys need to do before just revamping a older npluse and change few things. I know u guys going to tell me to STFU whatever
but simply u guys are following in Engima and Rudora foot steps appear to be on classic tabs like 4 times and constantly getting taken off the classic tab I just dont thnk we need another Engima or Rudora server on graal
and hardly doubt it will be good
unless it was Npluse Rebirth
Kez and Corey was heading in the right direction with New Npluse then u guys just erase it and move on
so i hardly think it will get as big as i remember

SlikRick
09-13-2011, 08:50 PM
I still dont think old npluse will be any good. ya would keep us busy for what a week ? maybe
even UN quest all there stuff not even a week then your bored again. I just think you guys need to plan something unquie thats never been done before. Honestly We already have UN plz dont e another UN theres a reason u guys drop from 90 players to hardly any. So i think revamping Moonie and Moon God would be any good ur wrong maybe back in 06 but Rai change it for a reason so plz think about what u guys need to do before just revamping a older npluse and change few things. I know u guys going to tell me to STFU whatever
but simply u guys are following in Engima and Rudora foot steps appear to be on classic tabs like 4 times and constantly getting taken off the classic tab I just dont thnk we need another Engima or Rudora server on graal
and hardly doubt it will be good
unless it was Npluse Rebirth
Kez and Corey was heading in the right direction with New Npluse then u guys just erase it and move on
so i hardly think it will get as big as i remember

First off, take an English class and learn sentence structure, seriously. Now onto the rest of your rant.

As I have stated before hand, they are not revamping anything. EVERYTHING is brand new from the gmap to graphics and so on. So whatever idea you have in your head you need to get out. Saying they are following the same path that others have, especially with the details of the project not being released yet, is just idiotic because you have no clue what is going on so you're assuming then come on here and rant to look important and like you know what is going on, when in reality you do not know. When Ducati is ready she will release the details, so until then stop acting like you know what is going on because it is rather annoying to come on here and listen to your nonsense about something you have no idea about.

Rave_J
09-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Slick ur a idiot
but idc u guys give me a headache but when u guys dont be successful
ill be the first one to tell u guys i told u so

ffcmike
09-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Slick ur a idiot
but idc u guys give me a headache but when u guys dont be successful
ill be the first one to tell u guys i told u so

I get a headache every time I read your non-paragraphed illiterate posts.

Rave_J
09-14-2011, 05:11 AM
no one ask u to read my post.... Personal problem
if you dont like how i type simply quit crying and dont read them

ffcmike
09-14-2011, 05:29 AM
no one ask u to read my post.... Personal problem
if you dont like how i type simply quit crying and dont read them

Hey I didn't ask you to read my post either, what are you replying for? :asleep:

Now you mention it though, if you don't like how people keep criticising your awful writing perhaps you could atleast make an effort to improve it, and then people might actually forgive a few small mistakes.
The way it is right now I don't cry at your posts, I laugh at them.

alskdjfhg
09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Hey I didn't ask you to read my post either, what are you replying for? :asleep:

Now you mention it though, if you don't like how people keep criticising your awful writing perhaps you could atleast make an effort to improve it, and then people might actually forgive a few small mistakes.
The way it is right now I don't cry at your posts, I laugh at them.

He clearly lacks in literacy. Leave him be! We don't know why he never learned properly.

ffcmike
09-14-2011, 07:47 AM
He clearly lacks in literacy. Leave him be! We don't know why he never learned properly.

If somebody legitimately does have an unfortunate hindrance of education they can always just admit that it's a problem and say they try their best with it. Attacking people for mentioning it however draws no sympathy or understanding.

Pimmeh
09-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Dilemma, neg-rep the illiterate, or rep thor for not being illiterate.

scriptless
09-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Lets stay on topic? Please.

When we are ready to release more information on the project we will. I am one of the developers currently working to get N-Pulse back. N-Pulse was my first server and I will do what ever it takes to help out.

So again, please, stay on topic. This is a "hiring" thread. Official or unofficial the topic needs to be respected. There are incentives to comming to work for us as a "Graphics Team Member". I can either offer you gold so you can access the server and in rare cases even offer monetary compensation for your work if the rules to not forbid this. Otherwise I will be seeking graphics design websites to assist on the project.

SlikRick
09-15-2011, 04:55 AM
I can either offer you gold so you can access the server and in rare cases even offer monetary compensation for your work if the rules to not forbid this. Otherwise I will be seeking graphics design websites to assist on the project.

Graal rules have nothing against paying staff for their contributions, as long as they do not have to pay it.

trimaster
10-10-2011, 09:22 PM
We are still looking for Graphic Artists!

WarLord2004
10-11-2011, 11:33 PM
how much your paying? :)

Ducati_Link
10-13-2011, 06:42 AM
how much your paying? :)

Love, lots and lots of love!

Gold1
11-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Love, lots and lots of love!
Lmao. Clever Aly.

Clockwork
11-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Love me first, graphics later >:3

Ducati_Link
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
<3 *winks*

Fulg0reSama
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm bored as ****, I'll actually help this time with ganis if ya want me back :p, I'm bored as ****.

(Btw, I did realize Just this second this is for graphics effect artists and not graal-animations effect artists :p)

But my statement still stands.

Matt
11-21-2011, 12:42 AM
I'm bored as ****, I'll actually help this time with ganis if ya want me back :p, I'm bored as ****.

(Btw, I did realize Just this second this is for graphics effect artists and not graal-animations effect artists :p)

But my statement still stands.

I've added you back.

Ducati_Link
11-30-2011, 04:00 PM
and I havn't left.