PDA

View Full Version : Default Server Sounds

Emera
08-18-2011, 02:51 PM
After being asked by *Callimuc to revamp some default server sounds for his server, I decided to remake every single on of them because I was bored :3
I am still working on a lot of them, but here are some of the sounds I have made. You can use them for your server if you wish, but please don't edit them and or claim them as your own. Thank you :D And yes, there is a laser sound there WTF. Lol I used SFXR for some of them, after downloading it and never using it before this, so I thought I would test it out and see what it can do. Not much actually. I will keep adding them to the list as I go along. If I stop posting I have most likely forgot or can't be bothered. If that is the case, flood my forum / in-game pm's please.

Moderators: As you guys know, I can only edit my posts within a 24 period, so if I do post some sounds in a different post, could you kindly move them to the top post. Thank you.

fowlplay4
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
For the people who actually end up using these, please don't upload them on your server with the intention of overwriting the original file.

You should be renaming the Steps.wav to yourservername_steps.wav, and then making a custom version of the gani that uses it and replacing it's steps.wav with yourservername_steps.wav

Emera
08-18-2011, 04:15 PM
For the people who actually end up using these, please don't upload them on your server with the intention of overwriting the original file.

You should be renaming the Steps.wav to yourservername_steps.wav, and then making a custom version of the gani that uses it and replacing it's steps.wav with yourservername_steps.wav

Oops. Schoolboy error. I will fix the file names. Sorry about that guys.

Emera
08-18-2011, 08:38 PM
It turns out that re making stef.mid is harder than I first thought. xD Wait till yall here my version xD

Hezzy002
08-18-2011, 08:44 PM
I've used SFXR for a Bomberman clone on Graal, but it doesn't fit in with a vanilla Graal sound replacement pack.

Emera
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I've used SFXR for a Bomberman clone on Graal, but it doesn't fit in with a vanilla Graal sound replacement pack.
The sounds are a little dreary and sound very much alike, but they can be spiced up with some ACID action and a shout or two down the microphone. That is what I do sometimes. Shout down the microphone or make noises and play with them on the PC to warp them into the sound you want. It only takes a lick of editing and some patience and you can make some really good quality sounds.

Galdor
08-18-2011, 08:56 PM
It turns out that re making stef.mid is harder than I first thought. xD Wait till yall here my version xD

Cant wait :D

Rufus
08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Cant wait :D

Yeah, I would like to hear remade versions of the stef# midis too. They still need to be the same, but like what they did for the old songs on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Emera
08-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I would like to hear remade versions of the stef# midis too. They still need to be the same, but like what they did for the old songs on Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Yeah, that was along the lines I was thinking.

callimuc
08-18-2011, 10:05 PM
nice jobs ;)

EDIT: some sounds are really reminding me on zelda :P

Emera
08-18-2011, 10:15 PM
nice jobs ;)

Thanks!

MattKan
08-19-2011, 11:18 PM
cool, they don't really seem to fit a classic server... except for the sword, steps, and similar. very nice

Emera
08-19-2011, 11:34 PM
cool, they don't really seem to fit a classic server... except for the sword, steps, and similar. very nice
Thought you quit :O

Emera
08-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Just though I would add, I have set up an online form for you guys to fill out about your opinions on my compositions. I really want to get some feedback so please, put as much information in it as you can if you are filling it out. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Form: Feedback Form (http://goo.gl/X2Qe2)

MattKan
08-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Thought you quit :O

In spirit