PDA

View Full Version : Android market

Rave_J
08-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Does anybody know when there going to release graal era to the andriod market ?
..... there way past there dead line and been waiting getting bored with my other apps already

TSAdmin
08-18-2011, 09:24 AM
What deadline?

Geno
08-18-2011, 09:27 AM
they will let you know when it is released. asking will not make them hurry or give you a "deadline"............. bro.

fowlplay4
08-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Regardless they still need to release Classic on Android first and Stefan is still on vacation.

Emera
08-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Stefan is still on vacation.

Nice for some. And anyway, isn't he pretty much tied up wit getting the V6 released? Last time we talked he mentioned he had a lot on his plate with releasing V6 and fixing the bug issues that we are posting. One step at a time man.

Twinny
08-18-2011, 04:07 PM
I want the Android builds too (have a HTC Desire and a Galaxy 10.1) but I've realised that over-poking him has negative effects :)

Admins
08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Regardless they still need to release Classic on Android first and Stefan is still on vacation.

I came back on Monday :D

Emera
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I came back on Monday :D

We knew that :D Didn't we? Well think of the unanswered PM's and Emails. *nudge*
Hope all is well with whatever it is you are working on. Oh wait he is already on the case...
Current Activity: Private Messaging
Ok back on topic. Why do people actually want to see it on android phones? I know they can take a lot of lag and the performance if very good, but they can't match up to iPhone performance which still has lag issues on the iPhone apps. Surely it won't be able to take that much lag?

Fulg0reSama
08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Ok back on topic. Why do people actually want to see it on android phones? I know they can take a lot of lag and the performance if very good, but they can't match up to iPhone performance which still has lag issues on the iPhone apps. Surely it won't be able to take that much lag?

Or simply because not everyone has an iPhone?

Emera
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Or simply because not everyone has an iPhone?

Not quite what I am getting at.

Fulg0reSama
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Not quite what I am getting at.

Then do clarify, because what I read seems pretty straightforward.

Just so I make myself clear to you as well, I highlighted the question where my reply was intended for.

Emera
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Then do clarify, because what I read seems pretty straightforward.

I was getting at that I don't think that android phones could match up to the performance that iPhone's have, and yet iPhone's still have performance issues.

Bubble13
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
I was getting at that I don't think that android phones could match up to the performance that iPhone's have, and yet iPhone's still have performance issues.

If it works well enough, people will be satisfied with the performance.

iBeatz
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM

You know this for a fact?

Emera
08-18-2011, 09:59 PM
I wasn't stating a point, I was giving my opinion. "I don't think"

trimaster
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
There are plenty of Droids that can out preform the iPhone.

Twinny
08-18-2011, 10:24 PM
I wasn't stating a point, I was giving my opinion. "I don't think"

Graal is playable on the 1st gen iPod/iPhone (but preferably 3rd generation or up). I think most android based phones/tablets have this base hardware requirement down pat.

Most lag is experienced when in places with a lot of players. My iPod 4g can handle peak hour in the busiest areas with no issues but an iPad 1 can come under considerable strain seemingly because it has a higher ratio of content to be rendered to processing power. Should be interesting to test it on my Galaxy 10.1 :)

Bubble13
08-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Graal is playable on the 1st gen iPod/iPhone (but preferably 3rd generation or up). I think most android based phones/tablets have this base hardware requirement down pat.

Most lag is experienced when in places with a lot of players. My iPod 4g can handle peak hour in the busiest areas with no issues but an iPad 1 can come under considerable strain seemingly because it has a higher ratio of content to be rendered to processing power. Should be interesting to test it on my Galaxy 10.1 :)

I lag a bit in crowded areas on my iPod 4. How do you manage to get no lag? Do you have nicknames, sound, music, etc. enabled?

Twinny
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I lag a bit in crowded areas on my iPod 4. How do you manage to get no lag? Do you have nicknames, sound, music, etc. enabled?

Not sure. I may have turned nicknames off.

For the worst of the worst, it's even possible to disable all animations which is a major performance boost (makes 1st gen devices work a lot better)

Bubble13
08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Not sure. I may have turned nicknames off.

For the worst of the worst, it's even possible to disable all animations which is a major performance boost (makes 1st gen devices work a lot better)

I have a major issue with that. I turned animations off on my second gen and turning them back on doesn't work.

Sky
08-18-2011, 10:39 PM
There are plenty of Droids that can out preform the iPhone.

I dunno about that. I've had the moto atrix, samsung nexus s, htc my touch 4g, htc inspire and they were all junk compared to my iPhone 4. :(

Twinny
08-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I have a major issue with that. I turned animations off on my second gen and turning them back on doesn't work.

You may have to re-enable animations than restart the client so animations to start working again.

Bubble13
08-18-2011, 10:46 PM
You may have to re-enable animations than restart the client so animations to start working again.

Ah. If that's what will make it work there should be some kind of alert.

trimaster
08-19-2011, 12:18 AM

You just need to find the right one lol. For example, the Thunderbolt is more powerful tan the iPhone 4 :p

Bubble13
08-19-2011, 12:21 AM
You just need to find the right one lol. For example, the Thunderbolt is more powerful tan the iPhone 4 :p

I have an iPod.

Rave_J
08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
they will let you know when it is released. asking will not make them hurry or give you a "deadline"............. bro.

these are the people thats killing this game.
No Matter what i post the graal community just wants to harrass
and tired of it
for ur infomation unximad gave out a dead line

3) We are releasing an Android version
The Android release will come either in April or May

so if they couldn't release when they note thats there problem
if they thought it would take longer they shouldnt put a release date on it

Fogell
08-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Why don't you port it yourself like those smart kids that attracted a crowd using cards on Classic iPhone. :-D

Cubical
08-25-2011, 03:11 PM
We knew that :D Didn't we? Well think of the unanswered PM's and Emails. *nudge*
Hope all is well with whatever it is you are working on. Oh wait he is already on the case...
Current Activity: Private Messaging

Older android phones maybe but there are some phones that are rivaling PCs I used to be able to play Graal on in high school. They already have more RAM, processing power and render graphics better than the computer I was playing Graal on 5 years ago.

salesman
08-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Why do people actually want to see it on android phones? I know they can take a lot of lag and the performance if very good, but they can't match up to iPhone performance which still has lag issues on the iPhone apps. Surely it won't be able to take that much lag?
This is why:

http://static8.businessinsider.com/image/4db70cbcccd1d5f224050000/smartphone-market-share-march-2011.png

The problem with Android is that there's a huge range of hardware and software capabilities. Many newer phones running the Android OS can match or out-perform the iPhone, but you also have many more that can't even compete.

The good thing about the Android market though is that developers can specify hardware/software requirements, so the game wont show up for users who cannot run it.

cbk1994
08-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Neat to see that Apple is starting to lose more and more market share. Maybe they'll start competing instead of just suing everybody for "copying" them.

fowlplay4
08-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Most iPhone players are actually iPod players (+80%) though. What's the Android equivalent of that?

oo_jazz_oo
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Most iPhone players are actually iPod players (+80%) though. What's the Android equivalent of that?

They have tons of tablets that run android that you can buy for about the same price as an iPod touch (or cheaper).

No clue how well they run...

WanDaMan
08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Unfortunately Apple has become dominant in many areas. A few of their products- the iPod, music downloads & movies via the iTunes Store, or smart phones such as the iPhone and more recently the iPad/iTouch. Kudos :o

I'm interested in seeing whether or not other manufacturers start installing Apple software on their products.

cyan3
08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
I'm interested in seeing whether or not other manufacturers start installing Apple software on their products.

Very unlikely considering iOS is closed source.

oo_jazz_oo
08-25-2011, 11:14 PM

I highly doubt this...unless Steve Jobs was just the overwhelming force behind every Apple product being closed source. Although, he is still chairman, so...yeah. Not likely to happen any time soon...

If Steve Wozniak was CEO of Apple, that would be a different story...

cbk1994
08-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Closed source has nothing to do with it, Apple simply chooses not to allow other manufacturers to use iOS (and OS X) with their hardware.

Windows is a closed-source OS, and plenty of OEMs sell Windows machines.

Twinny
08-25-2011, 11:25 PM
John Carmack noted some interesting trends at last QuakeCon. There were a lot more Android users in the audience but the Apple peoples made more app purchases over $5 (i think 5). Android users aren't so willing to fork out money it would seem (I think it's because the average Android user is more tech savvy and less willing to waste money :D)

Cubical
08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
the zen or something, a friend has one.. i still prefer ipods even though i'm an android fan boy.
I highly doubt this...unless Steve Jobs was just the overwhelming force behind every Apple product being closed source. Although, he is still chairman, so...yeah. Not likely to happen any time soon...

If Steve Wozniak was CEO of Apple, that would be a different story...
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business, if Steve Wozniak were to be current CEO of Apple it wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today. Steve Jobs resigned either today or yesterday because of health issues.

John Carmack noted some interesting trends at last QuakeCon. There were a lot more Android users in the audience but the Apple peoples made more app purchases over $5 (i think 5). Android users aren't so willing to fork out money it would seem (I think it's because the average Android user is more tech savvy and less willing to waste money :D)

The market still isn't mature, where as apples has had many many years.

oo_jazz_oo
08-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business

I will agree he is a brilliant business man, but as far as technology...he cant really take credit. He just took other ideas, and made them appeal to a broader audience. Hes a genius at marketing and getting people to buy his products, i'll give him that.

Cubical
08-26-2011, 01:54 AM
I will agree he is a brilliant business man, but as far as technology...he cant really take credit. He just took other ideas, and made them appeal to a broader audience. Hes a genius at marketing and getting people to buy his products, i'll give him that. you're just reiterating what i just said, it takes someone with great insight into technology to successfully do that.

WanDaMan
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Steve Jobs is probably the smartest person in the world when it comes to anything dealing with technology and business, if Steve Wozniak were to be current CEO of Apple it wouldn't be the powerhouse it is today. Steve Jobs resigned either today or yesterday because of health issues.

He's manufactured some **** too.

Cubical
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
He's manufactured some **** too.

Yes, he made pixar what it is today which went and made things such as toy story he was one of the driving forces that caused 3D animated movies what they are today.

Crono
08-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Yep. My friends are a bit noob-ish with their iPhones and they buy apps, whereas I am a filthy pirate.

Emera
08-26-2011, 06:53 PM
Yep. My friends are a bit noob-ish with their iPhones and they buy apps, whereas I am a filthy pirate.

Best way to do it <3

Rave_J
08-28-2011, 04:48 PM
man u guys im trying to get answers for whats taking so long with the andriod app for graal
please i didnt make this thread so u guys can compare which one is better andriod or iphone '
Andriod has a better software to it then Apple due Andriod ahead
Andriod coming out where u can play WoW on Andriod
but yet u cant do that with a iphone just yet

fowlplay4
08-28-2011, 05:06 PM
yo rave, fragmentation.
graal not coming out android
yet android fragment.

Cubical
08-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Streaming a game is different, you can play PC Graal on android if you stream it.

Twinny
08-28-2011, 05:56 PM
man u guys im trying to get answers for whats taking so long with the andriod app for graal
please i didnt make this thread so u guys can compare which one is better andriod or iphone '

Maybe drop the language and also run your posts through a spell checker? I don't think swinging wildly in the forums is going to help at all.

TheJames
09-01-2011, 06:17 PM
Streaming a game is different, you can play PC Graal on android if you stream it.

Huh?

TheJames
09-27-2011, 12:30 AM
I get a negative rep because I said "huh?" Wowww

Pimmeh
09-27-2011, 01:52 AM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like I can never tell what it is that Rave_J want's to say...