PDA

View Full Version : A Graal Playthrough

vysethefallenpirate
08-17-2011, 05:39 AM
I'm a person who does game playthroughs, I went through all of the main graal servers besides Val as it had a messed up map at the time.

Facebook Classic

Part 1:
ulIDlb2mhYI

Part 2:
zADGJjhlVFU

Zone

Part 3:
jP8rCpum74Y

Part 4:
yhIKrqE3jN8

Era

Part 5:
Imp9Cf5l-Vk

Part 6:
AAyg6xISLDo

Part 7:
cU0DALybmCA

Unholy Nation

Part 8:
F4RN5QeZyKE

Part 9:
PXZu2lblljY

Part 10:
kQLCh7LXfok

Zodiac

Part 11:
1uJEizNIPpw

Kingdoms

Part 12:
p71xUueZVvw

Classic

Part 13:
X3-kKrnRtnc

Part 14:
uzAY_CbYdpQ

Part 15:
8u80OEjLc0w

Part 16:
itUMolbFslc

Part 17:
dOTtwiyUagY

Part 18:
Uv718tNGd5s

Part 19:
1zlcsD1Y64s

These were all taken during July/August, someone told me I should consider posting these here. So tell me what you think.

ffcmike
08-17-2011, 05:52 AM
I may likely come across as biased here, and admittedly these videos provide a feeling of vindication towards the work being made to Classic, but hopefully a lot can be learned by the staff of every Graal server shown, and efforts can be made to improve the new user experience.

Nevertheless excellent work :).

Crono
08-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Fowlplay changed the way newbie protection works on Zodiac ever since you uploaded that video. :)

Tigairius
08-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Nice videos :)

Bell
08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Impressive

smirt362
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Fowlplay changed the way newbie protection works on Zodiac ever since you uploaded that video. :)

Now if only leveling didn't blow chunks

Galdor
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/4762167604_93b01caa7a.jpg

uhh... that was horrible (the content that is, just wanted to point that out, OP did great) so like i'm lying in bed with a fat cold and was doing a marathon of these but fell asleep after just a few... but thanks for showing us the unholy truth about how awfully bad gameplay we got.

quote of the day: I'm kinda glad to be able to show something decent like this

but yea I did watch it all, there could have been a few jump cuts I guess (the bush cutting part outside the locked temple on UN ect)... but I guess you wanted us to suffer as much as you ^^

Thor's classic was by far the most enjoyable.
The tomb had awesome atmosphere btw good job :D

Zexon
08-18-2011, 01:41 AM
It explains nicely but...
Its way too long and its kinda boring.
Music would of made it alittle better I guess.. make it relaxing music instead of your own personal choice (Dubset , rap , rock etc) so its fitting to everyone.

But its good.

-Ramirez-
08-18-2011, 06:18 AM
The baddy giving a perfect performance of the patheticness of the Facebook version was priceless.

Supaman771
08-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Way too long.. i skipped through about 2-3 and they're all 10-15 minutes. For 19 parts that's a few hours; plus your voice is just obnoxious "UHMMM WELL.. this is Era... It's different from Zone... uhhh...".

Most of the information is wrong and uninformed.. @GK: "You need gold, i forget what it does. You can play without it... uhhh.. i don't think it saves your stats." @Era: "I don't know the damage on an axe.. *runs*"

Odds me off how Kingdoms and Zodiac (having the largest worlds, most content) are crushed into 1 part and shadowed by UN or Classic which are just chat rooms with basic Graal content consuming 3 or 6 parts.

I'd much more prefer to read a short review article or play the game on my own, these seem like a waste of time. I mean 30 seconds of my life wasted watching you fail to pick up a piece of paper... =[

ffcmike
08-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Odds me off how Kingdoms and Zodiac (having the largest worlds, most content) are crushed into 1 part and shadowed by UN or Classic which are just chat rooms with basic Graal content consuming 3 or 6 parts.

Try actually watching through the Classic videos, you'll find that despite being a "small" world it does offer a reasonable amount of good content strung together in linear fashion, which is arguably why the OP persevered through the server longer than any other.

Supaman771
08-23-2011, 01:06 AM
Try actually watching through the Classic videos, you'll find that despite being a "small" world it does offer a reasonable amount of good content strung together in linear fashion, which is arguably why the OP persevered through the server longer than any other.

Well obviously now with the long story lines and long/boring cut-scenes.. (I just watched the first video of classic, half of it was cut-scenes and him slashing bushes). I haven't played classic in years, last i recall it was a chat room with some people sparring and one half-finished quest line.

If that has changed then it is for the best, but still to have 6 videos of that compared to one video of Zodiac; where-as Zodiac takes more than than 15 minutes just to explore the Gmap let alone do anything.

That is what my comparison was based on... and it still holds true since he spent 30 minutes on UN saying "This server is dead *walks around* There's nothing to do *hides in a bush* It's a shame this server is empty".

ffcmike
08-23-2011, 01:15 AM
That is what my comparison was based on... and it still holds true since he spent 30 minutes on UN saying "This server is dead *walks around* There's nothing to do *hides in a bush* It's a shame this server is empty".

Yes, it holds true with a server that provides no real direction or purpose, but while some players understandably may not be interest in a storyline, the whole point of it is to suggest the existence of and contribute towards a direction and purpose.
This is exactly what is shown within the video, the player has a clear enough idea of what to do/where to go, and is interested/keen enough to follow it through, otherwise I'm sure he probably would have deviated away and then ofcourse there wouldn't have been a great deal worth showing.

Having said that, at the rate he was being killed after exiting Zodiac's OSL it would have taken him days to explore the map.

Galdor
08-23-2011, 01:16 AM
zodiac was obviously unplayable for noobs, you have no idea where to go, and you get killed instantly as soon as you walk out of the starting house :P I'm sure there are content if you try hard enough to find it, but apparently it was not worth the effort.

fowlplay4
08-23-2011, 02:15 AM
One of these days I'll get around to moving the after-tutorial spawn (most likely Escalus City Center and removing it's flag) and adding a couple quests to get them into the first intended dungeon, explain the map and other features a little bit more.

His issue of being constantly lamed could have been avoided had he toggled off PK after punching the guy in front of OSL. However that shouldn't be an issue anymore because it does it automatically now.

swimdude
08-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Way too long.. i skipped through about 2-3 and they're all 10-15 minutes. For 19 parts that's a few hours; plus your voice is just obnoxious "UHMMM WELL.. this is Era... It's different from Zone... uhhh...".

Most of the information is wrong and uninformed.. @GK: "You need gold, i forget what it does. You can play without it... uhhh.. i don't think it saves your stats." @Era: "I don't know the damage on an axe.. *runs*"

I'd much more prefer to read a short review article or play the game on my own, these seem like a waste of time. I mean 30 seconds of my life wasted watching you fail to pick up a piece of paper... =[
As I agree

ff7chocoboknight
08-23-2011, 06:39 PM

The videos are of a player's thoughts as that player progresses through a server. I think it's a truly unbiased and effective way to show how players will act and think when playing on a server for the first time.

Odds me off how you think that Zodiac and GK have the most content when Classic and UN are known for having the most player content on Graal. (Well, not Classic anymore.)

I'd much more prefer to read short posts giving the OP words of encouragement for sharing his project with the forum community. I mean two minutes of my life wasted reading your post and typing my response... =[

Supaman771
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
The videos are of a player's thoughts as that player progresses through a server. I think it's a truly unbiased and effective way to show how players will act and think when playing on a server for the first time.

Odds me off how you think that Zodiac and GK have the most content when Classic and UN are known for having the most player content on Graal. (Well, not Classic anymore.)

I'd much more prefer to read short posts giving the OP words of encouragement for sharing his project with the forum community. I mean two minutes of my life wasted reading your post and typing my response... =[

I gave my opinion on the OP, that is totally valid. I shouldn't have to encourage him if I don't want to. I actually believe negative criticism is better than positive (there's always things that can be improved).

You don't have to derail the thread with one of those stupid troll 'copy and change' posts. This one doesn't even make sense, don't failtroll a reply if it's a waste of your time.
:asleep:

ffcmike
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I gave my opinion on the OP, that is totally valid. I shouldn't have to encourage him if I don't want to. I actually believe negative criticism is better than positive (there's always things that can be improved).

You don't have to derail the thread with one of those stupid troll 'copy and change' posts. This one doesn't even make sense, don't failtroll a reply if it's a waste of your time.
:asleep:

Skyzer isn't telling you that you should be encouraging the OP, what he is suggesting as have others within this thread is that there are underlying messages to these videos to be learned for the sake of improving the new user experience.
Sure there are instances where the videos did get a little boring and perhaps could have skipped certain parts, but these videos aren't really meant for entertainment purposes, he should be appreciated for the fact that he's gone through all this effort to be able to show everyone his experiences.