PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Server

Astram
08-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Pirate Server
Introduction:
I've had an idea brewing in my head for awhile. It is a unique server with guns, cannons, and ships! This server, can accomplish big with various quests a creative activites for players to enjoy, alone, and with friends. Would you have fun, boating around, taking treasure from other boats, exploring mysterious islands with traps located everywhere? Or possibly shooting cannons and killing sharks, or also constructing a house to live in. Maybe later, start killing some pirates you encounter on an island. Well you can do all of this on the newest server (Name Un-Decided).

Why is this going to be better then any other server?
This server will have unique systems of boating, looting, [possibly fighting], also an 8 directional movement system. These systems will do nothing but bring plenty of players to the server. Also a custom tileset much like delteria will be used. The players also would be able to add to their boat, first you may buy a little raft, then a dingy, then a little ship, then maybe a whopping huge ship. Another cool thing could be a crew, much like pets on Zodiac, you can select a target and the crew will start shooting your cannons for you at the targetted ship. Guns such as shotguns/handguns will be used. Nothing like Era's Lexel Rifle, AP0, or core products, simpaler guns from back in the day.

Please Add Some Feedback!
I really want this server to be great so leave some positive/negative feedback to help this server be the best it can be.

Whats Next?
I'm going to post a hirings thread ;)

Hope you like the idea!!! :)

blackbeltben
08-09-2011, 02:17 AM
you say 8 different directions. Does that mean you are have a custom body system?
Because as far as I know the default movement allows you to walk in all directions.

oo_jazz_oo
08-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Guns like deagles...will be used.

...simpaler guns from back in the day

What?

Also, It bothers me when servers compare their features to other servers. "Were going to have x like this server, and y like this server."
Just puts me off, because if its going to be like that server, why don't I just play that server?

blackbeltben
08-09-2011, 02:26 AM
What?

Also, It bothers me when servers compare their features to other servers. "Were going to have x like this server, and y like this server."
Just puts me off, because if its going to be like that server, why don't I just play that server?

I agree. I think you should describe your server as a GAME itself. And not just another player server. Something that people will see and say i want to play this game, not "oh, this is just like UN or Zod, or somethin"

Astram
08-09-2011, 02:48 AM
fixed @ Jazz

Fulg0reSama
08-09-2011, 02:55 AM
I won't lie. This makes me thinking of GK minus the magic.

Pimmeh
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
The hardest part of this is to make all the water look appealing.

Geno
08-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Someone please take the Graal2002 server and rebuild it to be about just pirates and pirate wars.

oo_jazz_oo
08-10-2011, 03:11 AM
N-Pulse Rebirth had really nice piratey-esque tiles. Don't feel like fishing out the screenshots from years and years ago.

Go harass them for the tiles...at least then they would go to good use.