PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Game/Client Server

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Hello everyone,

I am back to present to the Graal community a brilliant idea with a server that will make Graal unreplacable.

I'm looking to make a server based off of Home Front/Gran Theft Auto/Modern Warfare built into the Graal Platform. By far this will be the game the to play and hopefully draw players from all areas of the gaming market.

Key Point:
Graal has gone Facebook. This is the biggest step for Graal it could ever make. Imagine Graal being as tremendously popular as FarmVille JUST for the Facebook version. To me, I'll find it fun being able to blow things up, drive tanks, shoot fully automatic weapons, fight people online with my facebook/IRL friends. I'm excited, are you excited?

Looking for/Hiring:

The staff is starting from scratch. However, the development is at 80%

2 Graphic Artists
3 Level Designers
2 GANI Developers
2 NAT (Scripters)

Please contact me on this forum or via PM on here.

Key Note:
I am speaking with Stefan and Unixmad at the time. If the server makes it far and is developed onto Facebook and iPhone aswell maintain a large PC Base, there will be USD Pay involved. After a permenent staff team is selected and hired and after development is completed and listed on the Classic tab as well as a giant exciting Facebook game pay will be discussed. For the work you do you will receive a percentage of the revenue we generate after Graalonline/Cyberjours takes there cut. Any questions, contact me. Thanks

Rufus
08-04-2011, 05:19 AM
Era?

fowlplay4
08-04-2011, 05:21 AM
itt TheJames lies to you.

Most likely speaking to a wall labeled Stefan and unixmad, with a bit of imagination you can too.

Edit: Imagination also itt.

http://i.imgur.com/iUtAw.jpg

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Fowlplay4 you can leave your childish insults and remarks to yourself. This is for grown adults who understand business and would like to develop a video game while generating income. Get back to your trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Era?

:confused:

fowlplay4
08-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Fowlplay4 you can leave your childish insults and remarks to yourself. This is for grown adults who understand business and would like to develop a video game while generating income. Get back to your trolling elsewhere. Thank you.

If you are the 'grown adult' you like to pretend you are, making such claims as "The staff is starting from scratch. However, the development is at 80%" kind of makes you look bad now doesn't it?

I'm sorry but you're completely full of **** sir.

ThomV
08-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Wish I had the time to explain exactly why, but for now just /facepalm.

WillaWonka
08-04-2011, 05:36 AM
Yes, screw making money to purchase weapons, whatever you find you use, if you get killed they can take ur gun, you can break into houses, steal cars, etcetc woohoo!

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:40 AM
If you are the 'grown adult' you like to pretend you are, making such claims as "The staff is starting from scratch. However, the development is at 80%" kind of makes you look bad now doesn't it?

I'm sorry but you're completely full of **** sir.

Why are you such a hater? Get a life. Don't worry about what I'm doing? Worry about your life.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2479/unixmademail.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/unixmademail.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Will you please stfu now so I can get back to finding people interested.

Please stfu.

Back to thread

Rufus
08-04-2011, 05:45 AM
They are bringing Era to Facebook so why would they ever want to bring out a badly attempted Era as well? Especially since it runs the risk of constantly replacing the default heads on every other server they've brought out too. Sounds silly.

ThomV
08-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Why are you such a hater? Get a life. Don't worry about what I'm doing? Worry about your life.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2479/unixmademail.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/unixmademail.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Please stfu.

Back to thread

Perhaps his delivery is not the way you'd appreciate the most, it is feedback and with any venture you will have to deal with it accordingly. You might learn a thing or two.

Though I do admire you for trying and aiming high, I think you're going a bit too far ahead of yourself, and this is in my eyes far from the best approach one could take.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:46 AM
Yes, screw making money to purchase weapons, whatever you find you use, if you get killed they can take ur gun, you can break into houses, steal cars, etcetc woohoo!

No, real money will be used to purchase items such as vehicles, houses and other various items that you will never, never lose. Other items will be bought in a Graal Based economy thats going to set the standards for economy balancing.

Alot of people are going to be suprised when they see the end result. I'm excited for Graal, and I wish more of you were. :]

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Perhaps his delivery is not the way you'd appreciate the most, it is feedback and with any venture you will have to deal with it accordingly. You might learn a thing or two.

Though I do admire you for trying and aiming high, I think you're going a bit too far ahead of yourself, and this is in my eyes far from the best approach one could take.

Thank you for your support, and from you response I can tell that you have intelligence. You can't always sit around and say "Man I can't do this" or the "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda's" then you see people do stuff you've always wanted to because you didn't attempt. I'm a goal seeker. When it comes to oppurtunities I try to be the one who seizes them.

*Shoot for the moon, so even if you fall you'll be with the stars*

fowlplay4
08-04-2011, 05:48 AM
I've never seen an email where Stephane Portha (unixmad) signed his email as unixmad either.

You've conveniently not provided that kind of information in your screen-shot. (:

TheJames, you're truly a special individual. Thank you for your contributions to Graal forums comedy/entertainment.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Thanks fowlplay4. I'll mind myself, you mind yourself and just find amusement out of my actions. Sound good? Thanks

oo_jazz_oo
08-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Yahoo mail while using internet explorer...oh you poor soul...bless your heart.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 05:55 AM
I run other apps on my actual laptop. The one I took the pics from are a general use laptop. I run a computer repair business and I have alot of spare laptops :]

oo_jazz_oo
08-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Couple things wrong with this...you run a computer repair business, but you use yahoo mail.

If that really was just a 'general use' laptop, why would you use internet explorer? FF or Chrome are like, literally 30 second installs.

And their called programs, not apps. Apps are what you download on the iPhone for .99 cents. Programs are what big boy computer users use.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Either way this has nothing to do with what the thread was started for. Thanks.

Seeya
08-04-2011, 06:06 AM
can we get a preview of 80% done? thanks

fowlplay4
08-04-2011, 06:15 AM
Couple things wrong with this...you run a computer repair business, but you use yahoo mail.

If that really was just a 'general use' laptop, why would you use internet explorer? FF or Chrome are like, literally 30 second installs.

Since it's his personal email, there's nothing wrong with using Yahoo.

There's also nothing wrong with setting the default to IE for end-user. It's a lot easier to migrate their favorites as well, just one folder in their profile. It also has a tendency to cause confusion for the dangerous/slow users out there.

ThomV
08-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Thank you for your support, and from you response I can tell that you have intelligence. You can't always sit around and say "Man I can't do this" or the "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda's" then you see people do stuff you've always wanted to because you didn't attempt. I'm a goal seeker. When it comes to oppurtunities I try to be the one who seizes them.

*Shoot for the moon, so even if you fall you'll be with the stars*

True, and without a doubt you'll face many people who will bestow ridicule upon you, your ideas, plans and goals. It is probably best to take these objectively instead of getting upset if they don't share the same beliefs. Believe me, I've made some of the worst mistakes one could make trying to reach my intended goals here, it's best to just realize you're going to face alot of challenge, keep your ears open to feedback even to those you view as negative and pointless. (Which often time yield the greater lessons.)

(If you've got the time, here's my 21 page long project thread jampacked with failures and comedy: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263422 )

I'll just be honest, the image you are portraying seem to be very naive and one of who is quite full of himself. Many have been where you are right now and your approach isn't much, if at all, different. There is no real presentation either, not much reason for credibility.

Good luck.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 07:37 AM
can we get a preview of 80% done? thanks

The'yre in my facebook public album, can I share that link? Pretty sure it'll get removed

True, and without a doubt you'll face many people who will bestow ridicule upon you, your ideas, plans and goals. It is probably best to take these objectively instead of getting upset if they don't share the same beliefs. Believe me, I've made some of the worst mistakes one could make trying to reach my intended goals here, it's best to just realize you're going to face alot of challenge, keep your ears open to feedback even to those you view as negative and pointless. (Which often time yield the greater lessons.)

(If you've got the time, here's my 21 page long project thread jampacked with failures and comedy: http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134263422 )

I'll just be honest, the image you are portraying seem to be very naive and one of who is quite full of himself. Many have been where you are right now and your approach isn't much, if at all, different. There is no real presentation either, not much reason for credibility.

Good luck.

I appreciate your thoughts. Before when I ran Atrius (Started at the age of 14now 22 in November) any little critizism someone gave me pissed me off. Now that I'm mature enough to handle critizism and deal with these sometimes very ignorant Graalians there will be a very promising future for this server and Graal in general. My visions clear, I don't step until I see the end.

Aside for all of this.

Still looking for workers. Contact if interested. Possible real USD Pay

haro41
08-04-2011, 09:30 AM
get over yourself. get an original idea before you start spouting all this "revolutionary graal age" bullstuff. you have 9 positions open? LOL. dude if you fill one, i'd be surprised. No offense but... Impress us. what can YOU do? What have YOU done? Show us something unique. Impress me. show me your desire to improve this game as a whole. give me something unique to strive for. Think beyond what we already have as a graal community. What has never been done on graal before? Work on that.

Give us ideas. type them out! as far as we know (the general graal public), atrius is a era clone. how is it different. start from the basics. and dont you dare say the word jobs. start the from the very beginning. give us an intro. if this was my very first time logging onto atrius, What would I see? what would the intro be? Why am i involved into this world?

Im sorry if i came off like a jackass, but im seriously trying to help you. I'm trying to be objective.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Trust me Haro, it will be no Era clone. This is going to be something Graal has never even thought of in their dreams.

I'll explain the story/outline when I get back.

Rufus
08-04-2011, 03:00 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/281403_156611454413573_156610411080344_321729_5483 868_n.jpg

ff7chocoboknight
08-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a huge waste of time.

Unkownsoldier
08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
That looks like era. It would be in your best interest to make it similar to the sims now. The characters already look kinda of "simish" and the graphics-style reminds of a mobile-phone version of the sims.

zephirot
08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
holy shyt so much hate itt.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 08:08 PM
hmm how u planing on developing a java flash game
when they havent release the devs tools to do so ???

also u wouldnt get paid if it goes facebook ect
stefan and unximad said there thinking of a plan to pay
but in grelats not like real cash

example if this was true why isnt Foul not getting paid now
or Alf not getting paid they run and have servers on classic tab

think before u throw something together that are lies

You sir, are a complete idiot. I'd rather not waste my time explaining things to you, but I might aswell considering other idiot people reading your post will think it makes sense?

http://apps.facebook.com/graalclassic/?ref=ts

1.) They've already developed Graal for Facebook. Sorry you were unaware of this
2.) They arn't getting paid because they run a server on client that generates abseloutly no income. It pays for itself (Graal Client) no profit there
3.) Stefan and Unixmad are taking a giant leap venturing onto Facebook. I want to be the first server to take over Facebook gaming, this is something way beyond Graal and never would of been thought of back when Graal started.
4.) You are right one small point, all of this is not true yet. I am still awaiting response from Stefan and Unixmad in regards of how to develop a server for Facebook and at the same time, get paid for my dues.

TheJames
08-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Developing a server for client, is a huge waste of time. If I get my server on Facebook or iPhone then it isn't a waste of time anymore.

That looks like era. It would be in your best interest to make it similar to the sims now. The characters already look kinda of "simish" and the graphics-style reminds of a mobile-phone version of the sims.

You are correct sir, it does seem to resemble Era a little bit, but you have to realize, ANYTHING with modern type tiles and a "modern-ish" theme is going to get an immediate red flag thrown up and haters screeming "ERA RIP OFF" It's happened for years but yet at the same time alot of people scream how they hate Era? Regardless I'm not here to compete with Era nor steal Era's players.

I am here to develop an online game that is going to be kickass. I'll provide the storyline/ideas later and I'd love to hear everyones thoughts (Except haters). Thanks:)

Clockwork
08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Inb4 Atrius 2

xXziroXx
08-04-2011, 10:07 PM
ANYTHING with modern type tiles and a "modern-ish" theme is going to get an immediate red flag thrown up and haters screeming "ERA RIP OFF"

Wrong. So wrong. Only the servers that copy Era's theme gets that, like Atrius for example. It never happened for Bravo Online, and it wouldn't happen if a server used (for example) the tiles Dusty demonstrated.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1576067&postcount=8

oo_jazz_oo
08-04-2011, 11:22 PM
Trust me Haro, it will be no Era clone. This is going to be something Graal has never even thought of in their dreams.

I've played Atrius...i've visited the server many-a-time.

Theres nothing special about it...besides the custom bodies, which imo, aren't the nicest things to look at.
There was shooting people...mining...running around aimlessly...kinda like era.

ffcmike
08-04-2011, 11:48 PM
It does amaze me how so often server projects get to this 80 - 90% mark, just can't manage that final few percent, I wonder why...

haro41
08-05-2011, 05:39 AM
good luck man. prove em wrong

ArushenP2P
08-05-2011, 05:53 AM
It does amaze me how so often server projects get to this 80 - 90% mark, just can't manage that final few percent, I wonder why...

Those few percentage left are minor & major tweaks or revisions, whatever you would like to call it, to their systems in order to meet qualifications to enter the Classic tab.

In all honesty, those percentages are almost usually rough estimates. Even if a server makes it to classic tab, it still wouldn't be considered 100% developed.

ffcmike
08-05-2011, 06:38 AM
Those few percentage left are minor & major tweaks or revisions, whatever you would like to call it, to their systems in order to meet qualifications to enter the Classic tab.

In all honesty, those percentages are almost usually rough estimates. Even if a server makes it to classic tab, it still wouldn't be considered 100% developed.

I wasn't really being entirely serious, my point is more on the lines that more often than not giving these rough percentages doesn't really mean anything.

I personally think it's much better to just be black and white about it and keep it as simple as what is absolutely done, and what there is left to do.

Mark Sir Link
08-05-2011, 06:45 AM
next giant game on Facebook

has anyone called those phone numbers yet?

made up home phone? made up name?

ArushenP2P
08-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I wasn't really being entirely serious, my point is more on the lines that more often than not giving these rough percentages doesn't really mean anything.

I personally think it's much better to just be black and white about it and keep it as simple as what is absolutely done, and what there is left to do.

I can agree with you on that. Definitely shouldn't be giving estimates with percentages rather just with opinions. "Almost done", "Not yet", of course back those up with some previews :D

Rave_J
08-06-2011, 03:35 AM
hmm i say 0 percent of the scripts are done
james is stupid he wants to talk his crap but honestly
he said hes making atrius on facebook
i repeat again they havent release the dev part of making flash games
so idk how in the hell is he going to do that. umm
i know graal been on facebook before he even seen it just like i test it out with a account but didnt like it. just stating facts kind of stupid he says he wants to dev for facebook and have 80 percent with the public havent even got the tools at least scripting wise to make flash games..

Also last time i saw atrius they were using gs1 mix with gs2
and skyld already stated that if u got 15 people mining it would lag so bad where u cant mine
so its poorly scripted and low content they have nothing for them. Another Question
What makes Atrius different then Era ?? dont say umm just bodies like gameplay wise
atrius u shoot make money own gangs run business
just like Era at least Aeon is very very different then era and can tell one from another
if you really think they will put a facebook server just a knock off of Era your wrong they want something new to add to the game not a repeat

ff7chocoboknight
08-06-2011, 04:59 AM

fowlplay4
08-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Developing for Facebook or iPhone is no different than developing for PC. The tools used on PC are the same ones used on Facebook or iPhone. The only difference is dealing with the constraints of the platform you want to deploy on.

A few examples...

iPhone: Can't handle too many timeouts compared to the PC, requires Touch Driven Interfaces.

Facebook: Limited screen resolution, not as fast compared to native client.

Deployment of the App/Flash client is handled entirely by Stefan.

Rave_J
08-06-2011, 06:21 AM
see someone told me with iphone u have to set everything up with a mouse
the movement ect
so like u have to have the guis and the arrows ect
u just use the mouse instead the touch for it
so when stefan ready he just adds the apple system in and convert mouse over to touch

i know facebook is slower then pc on memory storage
like example Atrius already lags on pc verison bad
wehn theres players on it
now if u convert everything over to facebook it would go even slower