PDA

View Full Version : What do you, the players, wish to see?

SlikRick
08-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Pretty straight forward question. Once I took back over as Manager and Matt left, I had some of the old staff who worked on Rebirth come back so the time seemed right to start plugging along on it, since the server was now UC and we did not have a playerbase to keep happy. Since then everyone has disappeared once again, so it just seems that the server is just sitting there collecting dust since I do not have the scripting capabilities that is required for the complex systems.

So that being said I am looking to the community as to what they would like to see from N-Pulse. Post your ideas and they will all be taken into consideration. And those of you who would wish to help out send me a forum PM or contact me via email: [email protected]

Sp_lit
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
First of all; good initiative! Nice to see that there is still a glimpse of hope!

I'd like to switch back to the old classic tileset. I can't stand the one that was being used before the server went UC. In my opinon, the older the better.

I know it would require many hours of hard work, although I'd like to bring back all the old levels. I still think they were the best ones, even though there was hard work remaking the server. The older the better applies here as well.

In short; switch to an old, classic tileset and try to bring back the oldest levels possible.

SlikRick
08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
The problem with that is that it would only attract some of the old players, but would not do the same with new players. Besides the EoA tileset that was being used is waaaay better then pics1 IMO. There is a lot more you can do with it, as well as it being more visually appealing.

ffcmike
08-03-2011, 11:36 PM
The problem with that is that it would only attract some of the old players, but would not do the same with new players.

This isn't necessarily true, one of the main reasons Classic uses the original tileset isn't to keep older players happy but due to the fact it's a lot more appropriate for the adventure style feel we want to create in attracting new players.
From what I've gathered so far some new players do like the original tileset and even without knowing that it is the original.

It is however a matter of opinion over something which doesn't directly affect gameplay. Again from what I've gathered it tends to be when newer players start thinking from a development perspective where they express dislike of it for reasons such as being too plain etc.

You would however ideally want something which is both appropriate for the type of server you're trying to create, but also stands out and can be visibly identified as "Npulse's tileset".

Twinny
08-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Unless you have both Ducati and TWINEINZ?...meh.

SlikRick
08-04-2011, 01:51 AM
This isn't necessarily true, one of the main reasons Classic uses the original tileset isn't to keep older players happy but due to the fact it's a lot more appropriate for the adventure style feel we want to create in attracting new players.
From what I've gathered so far some new players do like the original tileset and even without knowing that it is the original.

It is however a matter of opinion over something which doesn't directly affect gameplay. Again from what I've gathered it tends to be when newer players start thinking from a development perspective where they express dislike of it for reasons such as being too plain etc.

You would however ideally want something which is both appropriate for the type of server you're trying to create, but also stands out and can be visibly identified as "Npulse's tileset".

That works for Classic though. Classic has always used the default pics1 tileset, where as N-Pulse has been using the EoA tileset since around 2002, so those tiles have become a staple of N-Pulse and what has helped set it apart from the other servers.

When you guys are thinking up ideas for the direction you would like to see N-Pulse go, keep in mind that we have 4 unreleased tilesets sitting here as well that I would hate to see go to waste.

ff7chocoboknight
08-04-2011, 04:14 AM
What about lobsters?

SlikRick
08-04-2011, 04:39 AM
What about keeping pointless posts out of a serious thread?

Lao_Su2
08-04-2011, 04:44 AM
Unless you have both Ducati and TWINEINZ?...meh.

I logged in just to second this. They are the ones that had the most passion about the server, I think they are a necessity to bring it back any version of it.

Ducati_Link
08-04-2011, 10:41 AM
re-vamped classic. Look at Atlantis.. seriously, that is an amazing server with what they have done. It has a very classic feel, with amazing ganis, sound effects, gfx.. thats the road to go down! a N-Pulse like Atlantis has done.

Brining back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play. I play graal because I love Zelda, and I'm sure A LOT of people play Graal because they love Zelda.. so I want a Zelda like server! I would like to see a tileset like the one I have used on my project, that I call x-pulse. It's very classic, and uses alot of Dustys tiles (because he is amazing).

Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players! :) Moonie as Admin ;)

Sp_lit
08-04-2011, 05:31 PM
..Bringing back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play....Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players! :)

I agree!!

SlikRick
08-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Ducati, you know better then most on how to get in contact with me. Let's set up a time to get together.

Ducati_Link
08-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Will do Slik, I will pm you on here first, with some details.

Darlene159
08-05-2011, 05:29 AM
re-vamped classic. Look at Atlantis.. seriously, that is an amazing server with what they have done. It has a very classic feel, with amazing ganis, sound effects, gfx.. thats the road to go down! a N-Pulse like Atlantis has done.

Brining back old classic N-Pulse, we dont need a huge map, we need excellent, creative ideas that are going to keep players wanting to come back and play. I play graal because I love Zelda, and I'm sure A LOT of people play Graal because they love Zelda.. so I want a Zelda like server! I would like to see a tileset like the one I have used on my project, that I call x-pulse. It's very classic, and uses alot of Dustys tiles (because he is amazing).

Bring back old N-Pulse, new way, with the help of old and new players! :) Moonie as Admin ;)

Sounds like a plan.

Rave_J
08-05-2011, 06:05 AM
lol i think u should contact Kez on msn and see if he wants to return to npluse rebirth without rebirth npluse is gone even if it went back on classic tab it will die once again at least rebirth has a chance to stay for a while once it goes classic

SlikRick
08-05-2011, 06:15 AM
lol i think u should contact Kez on msn and see if he wants to return to npluse rebirth without rebirth npluse is gone even if it went back on classic tab it will die once again at least rebirth has a chance to stay for a while once it goes classic

Kez was part of it when I started the project back up, and also one of those who disappeared not too long after it was started back up.

Rave_J
08-06-2011, 07:36 AM
hmm maybe corey will return ?? idk
graal lackying in major gs2 scripting
like gs1 it was so much easier to do

trimaster
08-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Hmm.....I disagree with the whole "bring back old N-Pulse". Yes old N-Pulse was fun but it wouldn't hurt seeing something new from N-Pulse. Anyways, what I think would be pretty cool is if the quests could be more Zelda-like with dungeons and whatnot. Heck maybe even make some quests to where 2-4 players have to be in a quest in order to complete it?

xXziroXx
08-06-2011, 08:11 PM
like gs1 it was so much easier to do

No, it really wasn't. A lot of the time in GS1 you had to make hackish solutions to do the simplest of things.

Unkownsoldier
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM

I think you should think before you post.

Classic N-Pulse was amazing, the main reason for this was events. As long as there was events being hosted players would come and have fun. Rebirth was never going to be realized, and it took away what N-Pulse was all about.

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc) Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so. The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it. UN is doing great things with quests as of late. I know you don't have a plentiful developmental team, but just fix whats broken, get good staff members, and create some intriguing quests. Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.

SlikRick
08-07-2011, 11:58 PM

Classic N-Pulse was amazing, the main reason for this was events. As long as there was events being hosted players would come and have fun. Rebirth was never going to be realized, and it took away what N-Pulse was all about.

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc)

This is what I was planning on doing, if I can find the scripters that can do so. I want to improve the old jobs, as well as bringing in new jobs that will be more interactive then just smashing the D button.

Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so.

My thoughts were to release a few quests at first, for hearts, swords, shields, etc.., then have quests/content constantly being worked on by development, instead of constantly working backwards in by redoing levels/scripts.

The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it.

The few quests that were on N-Pulse near its end on the Classic tab were not the best, but N-Pulse was known previously for having the most creative/interactive quests, and this is what I want to bring back to the server.

Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.

A fully functioning trading system is on the top of my list to get done for the players. I want to have a player ran economy, for the most part, in order to keep everyone from having all the NPCs and encourage players to buy/sell their items in order to get others. I want the shops to only play a small portion of the economy, just where the trading would begin and limit quantities of NPCs that can be bought from the shops.

Darlene159
08-08-2011, 04:38 AM
The few quests that were on N-Pulse near its end on the Classic tab were not the best, but N-Pulse was known previously for having the most creative/interactive quests, and this is what I want to bring back to the server.

Remember when we had funland with the roller coaster? Stefan said that he loved it. :)

SlikRick
08-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Yeah that was fun, Graal's first amusement park ;p

Ducati_Link
08-08-2011, 12:14 PM
haha I remember making that. Was alot of fun! the log flume ride!

Darlene159
08-08-2011, 06:05 PM
haha I remember making that. Was alot of fun! the log flume ride!
Oh yea, it was a log flume ride wasn't it? Haha. It was awesome though.

Rave_J
08-12-2011, 08:37 PM

I suggest, make the map smaller as suggested above. Improve/fix old systems that don't work or are just outdated. (E.G. sharking, sparring, mining, etc) Develop something that players will want to see, and bring them back time and time again. Such as introduce new quests every year or so. The N-Pulse quests I must say are not the best or close to it. UN is doing great things with quests as of late. I know you don't have a plentiful developmental team, but just fix whats broken, get good staff members, and create some intriguing quests. Also please add a trading system of some sort, N-Pulse has always lacked in player-based economy. You relied on shops to make players play events/farm etc. That is just my opinion though.

its the truth
not trying to be mean cuz i played npluse when moon god and moonie was managers matter of fact i was a FAQ under Jadynx at the time but hey
time changes and people get bored with just classic style
if there was a twist and kept the classic feel it would work but revive a whole server back in teh day and think they will make a big impact thats just wishing.
its going to be like this Shaded Legend just rescripting ect if it went classic tab it will fail once again. but i seen it happen many of times with Atlantis,Engima,Rudora

SlikRick
08-12-2011, 10:16 PM
its going to be like this Shaded Legend just rescripting ect if it went classic tab it will fail once again. but i seen it happen many of times with Atlantis,Engima,Rudora

Assuming things isn't the best way to go about things, especially since plans have not been released yet. You are just going off whatever you put into your mind without actually knowing the facts, so your arguments have no grounds to be considered anything besides an uneducated assumption.

Rave_J
08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
im not assuming and no one not putting it in my head
i just seen it happen with my eyes before
i still think if npluse rebirth came out it would be a around for a good while
but if normal npluse just same ol same classic feel might be around for a half of year before the player account back to 30

but its ur decision and do what u think is best
but at the end ill be saying i told u so

Darlene159
08-13-2011, 06:32 PM
im not assuming and no one not putting it in my head
i just seen it happen with my eyes before
i still think if npluse rebirth came out it would be a around for a good while
but if normal npluse just same ol same classic feel might be around for a half of year before the player account back to 30

but its ur decision and do what u think is best
but at the end ill be saying i told u soThe problem with taking a pw in a whole different direction is that it is alot of work, and takes a dedicated staff team in order to pull it off. Staff do not stay around long enough to get things done. This is a big reason why I finally had to let n-pulse go. If there were one person who could do every form of staff well, and had hours a day to spend on working on a pw, and continued doing it for months/years, then maybe it could be done. I dont see this happening.

You cant assume that people will not want to play a classic n-pulse, with some new added into it. They will. People still play Graal because of the Zelda-like feel. A lot of people play just to slash the heck out of people to be the best pk'er. The reason for the playerworld counts declining is not because of the playerworld, it is because Graal's playercount has declined, and now it has to compete with iphone and facebook.

I hardly ever play Graal anymore because I played for the massive classic pk'ing, and it seems to be gone. If Graal would go back to just a select few servers, it might be a different story, like years ago....

Rave_J
08-13-2011, 07:48 PM
i know that moonie i miss the old ways too trust me
even when Era came out alot of players didnt like it included me due i didnt want that gun feel that wasnt graal but soon people like it. But back then and now this is a different generation. 15 years old kids would like WoW or GTA type of guns or halo ect not just talk and have fun do guild wars ect on UN or whatever they dont think its fun. I look at it this way
u got UN then u have Npluse classic feel servers now UN gets what 70 players good day split that and theres ur player account for Npluse

Ducati_Link
08-14-2011, 04:47 AM
you place UN on iphone, and see how many players it gets.
iphone is what has brought the community into those areas.

Darlene159
08-14-2011, 04:57 AM
iphone is what has brought the community into those areas.Pretty sure UN would be killer on iphone. I wish I had an iphone. >_<

Crono
08-14-2011, 05:22 AM
UN would be no different than iClassic...it would almost be the same thing minus the spiffy main town Classic has.

Ducati_Link
08-14-2011, 10:39 AM
and UN would actually have something to do, rather than cut grass for gralet :P

Crono
08-14-2011, 10:43 AM
and UN would actually have something to do, rather than cut grass for gralet :P

dont the majority just stand around and idle/chat?

Ducati_Link
08-14-2011, 02:56 PM
dont the majority just stand around and idle/chat?

Well... yeah.. that's very true.
Though I do like the forts on Classic.

patrickp2p
08-14-2011, 09:51 PM
I like it! :D. I prefer the EoA tileset since I never got a chance to see the classic one in use. However, I can't wait to see any plan done. Hey, with Moonie as an Admin, Twinny and Ducatie helping, and Slickrick heading this? What's not to love. They are all very nice and definitively not corrupt like the staff of Unholy. (Also, has anyone noticed that U.N. has basically the same EoA tileset, but it's only in place on some houses)

Darlene159
08-15-2011, 01:25 AM
I like it! :D. I prefer the EoA tileset since I never got a chance to see the classic one in use. However, I can't wait to see any plan done. Hey, with Moonie as an Admin, Twinny and Ducatie helping, and Slickrick heading this? What's not to love. They are all very nice and definitively not corrupt like the staff of Unholy. (Also, has anyone noticed that U.N. has basically the same EoA tileset, but it's only in place on some houses)Not sure if having myself as an admin is a good idea, or anything high up. I'm not a very liked member of the community

Ducati_Link
08-15-2011, 04:02 AM
I like you, Moonie! ^.^

patrickp2p
08-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Not sure if having myself as an admin is a good idea, or anything high up. I'm not a very liked member of the community
D; PUH LEASE. Forget about the people who may dislike you on these forums. Hello, is it not your job to remove unwanted posts? *refers to Moonies cig* I always liked you, you were always nice to me, regardless of staff status. ^_^

trimaster
08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
blup

Fulg0reSama
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Not sure if having myself as an admin is a good idea, or anything high up. I'm not a very liked member of the community

In N-Pulse, I'd say you are, on the forums, you're just a lil strict.

People say things they don't mean (Myself for one) and usually say said things in the moment while they still are dealing with the moment of the day.

Personally have no problem with ya, just don't like it when you get strict.

D; PUH LEASE. Forget about the people who may dislike you on these forums. Hello, is it not your job to remove unwanted posts? *refers to Moonies cig* I always liked you, you were always nice to me, regardless of staff status. ^_^

I have a feeling that everyone on the forums isn't going to revolt at the idea at once if she were to be N-Pulse's admin, considering it's none of their business.

Gold1
08-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Im sure you all still know me if you remember my account and several names i went by. HIM, Satan, Pimp. ect. XD
Anyway. Ive seen everyone saying N-Pulse is coming back.
Well do to MANY attempts of this whole rebirth project.
I don't believe it.
But if it should even come back Old N-Pulse is the way to go.
My opinion. The players the mainly played there liked it better that way.
I know i did.
Good luck to you guys. And i do hope if the rumors are true, N-Pulse will actually be up again.
In witch case i will start playing 24/7 again.
:)

Crono
08-16-2011, 07:36 AM
The last time npulse asked me what I wished to see I got in trouble. :(

Twinny
08-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey, with Moonie as an Admin, Twinny and Ducatie helping, and Slickrick heading this? What's not to love.

I'm not a part of this project and, apart from little things for Ducati, I won't be a part of this anytime soon.

Gold1
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Wellll.. -.-; Im just saying what i wish for. In the past 5 years they have bull****ted with this project, Its always been a fail.
Soooo. Im not holding my breath honestly.
Idc if they say it released tomorrow.
Until i see it, I wont believe it.

Gold1
08-16-2011, 09:20 AM
The last time npulse asked me what I wished to see I got in trouble. :(

Awwwwww..

Ducati_Link
08-16-2011, 11:40 AM
<3 Thanks Twinny ^.^

Gold1
08-16-2011, 09:10 PM
So yeah, When is N-Pulse going to be back on the server list... :/

trimaster
08-16-2011, 09:17 PM
That's a very good question man.

Gold1
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah.. That's the main question i have here. I am hearing around a few weeks. But they said that 5 years ago (:

trimaster
08-16-2011, 09:32 PM
Ahahaha so true. Man trying to keep up on N-Pulse when I don't play anymore is hard as hell. I'm tempted to redownload the client again just to see what's up with it lol.

Gold1
08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Well if N-Pulse goes on the serverlist again. If it even does. Thennn ill be playing 24/7 again.
LOL.

trimaster
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah only if it does go on the serverlist again lol.

Devil_Lord2
08-16-2011, 11:26 PM
iphone is what has brought the community into those areas.

I think putting UN on iPhone, assuming the new players are put on UN before any other iPod server, would deter people away from Graal once some of the players have most of the items and are constantly killing them. I suppose it depends if the community is nicer, and there are much more changes in items for UN.

I personally like iClassics three heart and level1 sword equality. Even if you are further advanced into the game, new players can still feel like they have a chance.

Bubble13
08-17-2011, 01:50 AM
I personally like iClassics three heart and level1 sword equality. Even if you are further advanced into the game, new players can still feel like they have a chance.

Not if a new player is on an older device that lags more and wonders why they can't hit anyone.

patrickp2p
08-17-2011, 04:27 AM
You should.. >;L lol. But, eh, this is so time consuming, tbh.

trimaster
08-20-2011, 09:37 PM
more zelda like quests would be nice :). but ofcourse still have that n-pulse fell :p

Ducati_Link
08-21-2011, 05:15 AM
more zelda like quests would be nice :). but ofcourse still have that n-pulse fell :p

Thats what i'm aiming for

Matt
08-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Anything else?

ff7chocoboknight
08-28-2012, 09:40 AM
13 hearts, lvl3 sword, and level3 shield as soon as I log in. It is a must.

Fulg0reSama
08-28-2012, 12:13 PM

Thats what i'm aiming for

What is a "zelda-like" quest to you, Ducati?
I'm curious to know.

Ducati_Link
08-28-2012, 06:50 PM
To me - Zelda quests have purpose. It's not just about passing one room and going to the next.. the dungeon is a puzzle and you have to solve it. Like Zelda, main quests give you a heart and an item, and through the dungeon it's that item that helps you get to the end - and to the next temple. Our overworld wont be all open for people to roam, you will need to progress through the story and get the items to be able to get to other locations.