PDA

View Full Version : Working on noob servers fun?

skillmaster19
08-03-2011, 03:51 AM
I'm not sure why, but of my whole history of working on servers, I had the most fun working on the servers that failed the most. My job as a gp on Classic iPhone had to be the worst experience I've ever had working on a server,while the jobs I had on various UC servers that never really made it were the most exciting.

Does anyone else feel this way? I think while purchasing a server as a new player/developer probably won't lead to your server being a success, if you have friends to work with on it can be one of the most exciting times you have on graal,even if your server never makes it. All I have to say is make sure you have a team that won't quit on you.

ffcmike
08-03-2011, 04:23 AM
It's quite an interesting paradox, there's absolutely no way a "noob" server is going to succeed in a million years, but pushing unrealistic ambition to the side many new players do become staff on these types of servers as just another way to have fun, or brag to their friends about being admin, able to drag or walk over walls etc.
Though there's always the chance that a small number of such people do learn a thing or 2 and go on to become reasonable developers.

So on one hand, server rental can be akin to jacking an unsuspecting newbie out of their money, on the other hand it's probably a significant contributor to Graal's income and a platform for people to get into development that otherwise would find it difficult to on an established server project.

Arch_Angel
08-03-2011, 06:54 AM
I fully agree with this. I've had most fun working on UC playerworlds, never lasted over a couple months on Class/Gold/Hosted servers Dev'n...

iBeatz
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
I pretty much agree with this too.
Most UC server managers and owners don't know what they want, so as a developer you're pretty much free to do whatever you want, which is probably why it's so fun.

ff7chocoboknight
08-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Working on Classic is the most fun ever.