PDA

View Full Version : Mirage - My new Yamaha GB1!

Emera
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I bought myself a nice baby grand. The Yamaha GB1 and this is my first of the compositions I have composed so far on it. There will be many more to come <3

Mirage.mp3 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31116558/mirage.mp3)

Bell
07-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Beautiful

callimuc
07-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Beautiful
Same words same meaning

Emera
07-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Aw thank you very much ^_^
My new baby grand is amazing.

EDIT: I was thinking of setting up my own website. Does anybody know how I can get a free custom domain web address for a website? If I can't I might just have to make a simple HTML webpage and upload it to pastehtml.com or something like that. But, I would really like my own website with links to my work.

Bubble13
07-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Aw thank you very much ^_^
My new baby grand is amazing.

EDIT: I was thinking of setting up my own website. Does anybody know how I can get a free custom domain web address for a website? If I can't I might just have to make a simple HTML webpage and upload it to pastehtml.com or something like that. But, I would really like my own website with links to my work.

There are places that give free subdomains but if you want yourwebsitename.com instead of yourwebsitename.provider.com you'll have to pay.

Emera
07-26-2011, 08:17 PM
There are places that give free subdomains but if you want yourwebsitename.com instead of yourwebsitename.provider.com you'll have to pay.

Yeah, that is what I was afraid of. Right now, I have spent all my savings on my baby grand, so I might have to get saving again. I don't want a .webs or a .wix one. I was to script it myself using HTML, be able to learn more that way. For now, I might have to use pastehtml.com and shorten the URL using tinyurl.com, but that is hopefully only going to be a temporary solution. Maybe I should set up a paypal page, but I doubt I will get any donations. Thanks for the information bubbles. ^.^

Tigairius
07-26-2011, 08:54 PM
It's very nice.

Emera
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
It's very nice.

Bloody hell he is alive! Haven't seen you in a very long time mate. Thank you very much ^.^

DustyPorViva
07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
On the plus side, domains are the cheapest part of setting up a website. Only $10 or so a year(not month, year).

It's the hosting that costs the big bucks.

Emera
07-26-2011, 09:08 PM
On the plus side, domains are the cheapest part of setting up a website. Only $10 or so a year(not month, year).

It's the hosting that costs the big bucks.

Oh gawd. It is sounding pretty expensive.

Bubble13
07-26-2011, 09:13 PM

I think there are places that offer free hosting. You just have to pay for a domain name. $10 isn't a lot.

cyan3
07-26-2011, 10:05 PM

One of the cheaper options would be to host the website yourself but only if you have a spare old desktop computer laying around or know where to get one cheap. All it would require is the installation of a server operating system (preferably Linux in my opinion because it's free and works really well on older hardware) with the Apache web server installed. The only major downside to this option is the technical aspect of setting up the server and linking it to a DNS etc.

Emera
07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
One of the cheaper options would be to host the website yourself but only if you have a spare old desktop computer laying around or know where to get one cheap. All it would require is the installation of a server operating system (preferably Linux in my opinion because it's free and works really well on older hardware) with the Apache web server installed. The only major downside to this option is the technical aspect of setting up the server and linking it to a DNS etc.
I'm going to google that one...

cyan3
07-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm going to google that one...

This option probably isn't suitable for you but in the aspects of web hosting it is a very viable option for most as it's a fairly cheap alternative to the other options.

Emera
07-26-2011, 10:31 PM
This option probably isn't suitable for you but in the aspects of web hosting it is a very viable option for most as it's a fairly cheap alternative to the other options.

I won't just dismiss it straight away, I will look into it in some detail, but like you said, it might not be for me.

xAndrewx
07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Lovely- loving it.

Emera
07-26-2011, 10:49 PM
lovely- loving it.

<3

Conqueror
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Awesome comp bro! I've been debating to take up piano for the past 4 years-- acoustic guitar is only fun for so long.

Are you playing Am F C G?

Emera
07-26-2011, 11:52 PM
Nope Dm

Conqueror
07-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Ahh, I can't hear the Dm in there

Emera
07-27-2011, 12:05 AM
:(