PDA

View Full Version : Gold account

littlekinky
07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I became a gold member back in 2006ish and i am just wondering if i can change my community name, i understand that if you have a Graal### account this is possible but what about if your account isn't a Graal### account?

Rave_J
07-24-2011, 12:27 AM
if ur account is lifetime account
old style u cant change the account name without stefan

cyan3
07-24-2011, 12:34 AM
if ur account is lifetime account
old style u cant change the account name without stefan

Even though it is possible with the intervention of Stefan it technically wouldn't be fully changed because most if not all servers use accounts names for storage and other account specific objects and the newly changed account name wouldn't be able to access that storage area.

DustyPorViva
07-24-2011, 12:43 AM
Even though it is possible with the intervention of Stefan it technically wouldn't be fully changed because most if not all servers use accounts names for storage and other account specific objects and the newly changed account name wouldn't be able to access that storage area.

This is the point of community names. All old accounts should have been converted over to the new system, thus you should be able to change your display name even if you have an old account.

Sky
07-24-2011, 12:45 AM
This is the point of community names. All old accounts should have been converted over to the new system, thus you should be able to change your display name even if you have an old account.

If I lost my 3 letter account I would cry irl... :'(

DustyPorViva
07-24-2011, 12:53 AM
If I lost my 3 letter account I would cry irl... :'(

Graal##### = the same as your account name. However, on top of that we also have display names, which for our case is the same as our account name. However, even old accounts should be able to change their display names(which means you could change Sky to Ground, which is what everyone else will see, but your account name would still be Sky).

cbk1994
07-24-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't know the specifics behind the system but I see no reason why you couldn't keep your old account name and get a new community name. Obviously there would be issues with servers which have not fully transitioned to the new system, but it should be possible.

edit: Tig said he's not able to change community names for old accounts.

littlekinky
07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
I don't know the specifics behind the system but I see no reason why you couldn't keep your old account name and get a new community name. Obviously there would be issues with servers which have not fully transitioned to the new system, but it should be possible.

edit: Tig said he's not able to change community names for old accounts.

So only Stefan? :(

blader2007_p2p
07-24-2011, 01:15 AM

Yep, unfortunately he's an incredibly busy man, so he'll easily disregard such requests.

Bubble13
07-24-2011, 03:56 AM
Yep, unfortunately he's an incredibly busy man, so he'll easily disregard such requests.

Not necessarily, I got him to change my community name for me.

Tigairius
07-24-2011, 04:28 AM

Technically yes, but not really. For consistency, the only way to change the name of an old account is for Stefan to create a new account, then transfer everything over from your old account, and delete the old account. So technically it's not changing the name, but actually creating a new account and deleting the old one. In most circumstances, we don't officially provide that service to customers.

Snake980
07-24-2011, 05:44 AM
Technically yes, but not really. For consistency, the only way to change the name of an old account is for Stefan to create a new account, then transfer everything over from your old account, and delete the old account. So technically it's not changing the name, but actually creating a new account and deleting the old one. In most circumstances, we don't officially provide that service to customers.

yeah I asked for an account name change a while ago since I named this account back in 2006 and had no Idea what name I'd stick with later on :/
oh well :redface:

fatcat123
07-24-2011, 04:43 PM
:[ try being a fatcat.

Bell
07-24-2011, 11:46 PM
:[ try being a fatcat.

You should just feel fortunate that you actually have a named account. People with Graal#### accounts would love to have a name like yours.

Its a double edged sword, those of us with old accounts are destined to always remain the same. Those that can change their community name are destined to always be known as customer#whatever.

cbk1994
07-25-2011, 12:06 AM
It's a shame Stefan can't make it simple for old accounts to change their community names. If he did, there'd be a lot more pressure on scripters to fix the terrible community name support on most servers.

blader2007_p2p
07-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Yep, I wish they'd allow easy classic account name changes. I made this account~2005, wish I hadn't given it this much of an awful name. It's either stick to this or put up with having to put up with Graal# and no lifetime classic. I think I'll choose the latter.

ThomV
07-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Ahh, much better.