PDA

View Full Version : Playerworld Question of Paying Staff :)

MASTERCOLA
07-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Look i have this system that is unfinished and complicated as hell for the average scripter, it has held my server back for the last 3 years as our coder (PFA) had college commitments and progression of his own real life, but we based our whole server around this.

I'm starting to come the the conclusion i need a total elite coder for this to ever be completed i may have to pay someone to do it..

Is this against any graal policy, and has anyone done it before?

basically i can turn Zenkou into the Manchester City of Graal (Joke)

Anyway Thanks for reading this post and please no ridiculous answers its a serious question.

xXziroXx
07-17-2011, 11:56 PM
You can pay people to work for you, there's no rules against that. People should only do it if they really trust the employee though, as I doubt PWA can step in and demand him to pay his staff if he refuses :p

Tigairius
07-18-2011, 12:00 AM
People pay workers quite often. There is no policy against it, but we cannot enforce anything if someone does work and doesn't get paid.

MASTERCOLA
07-18-2011, 12:01 AM
I'm a trust worthy person, im not setting out with any intention of ripping anyone off.
However i feel that nobody is going to touch this, or getting a hold of someone with the ability to even attempt is a pretty impossible task.
I'm not looking for someone to work on the server constantly that would just be a plus, this is basically for one huge system that already has had a lot of work put into it.

blader2007_p2p
07-18-2011, 12:08 AM
-.. but we cannot enforce anything if someone does work and doesn't get paid.

Or if someone gets paid and doesn't do work.

I believe money shouldn't really be a deciding factor for someone to work for your server or someone's elses. If you're really desperate of course and it doesn't have to take long to script, by all means. For the long term I'd suggest looking for scripters like any other hiring server would and focus on the other things that need to be done and completed (LAT & GFX for example), so you'll be much more likely to attract interested workers.

This way their motivation comes from the desire of making a great server, as opposed to making some quick cash by developing average content.

Just my few thoughts.

MASTERCOLA
07-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Appreciated thoughts. I've tried for a long time with a few different coders, just seemed pfa was the perfect guy for this.

it would only be a last resort hopefully before i come to that conclusion i will have found one willing to spare some time.

I just have all intention of finishing this server that we started long ago, and to get past the battle system i feel after that, everything else isn't really a problem.

Geno
07-18-2011, 02:00 AM
pay Stefan. i hear he is a pretty good coder.

Pimmeh
07-18-2011, 02:13 AM
If you decide to pay anyone, pay them after they've done the work previously agreed on. Advance payment will lead to too much trouble in this environment.