PDA

View Full Version : Updates Question

xAndrewx
06-19-2011, 12:37 AM
Do player worlds often update? If so what do they do to let people know of the updates?

Me- I create threads on here... o_O

fowlplay4
06-19-2011, 12:48 AM
Zodiac's player count really doesn't participate here so I just place it in our own server login news if it's important enough to me.

If the update is big enough and done to make the server more accessible to those who otherwise don't play I tend to post threads about it.

patrickp2p
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM
^ Agreed. Like if my server were to have over half of systems/scripts complete then perhaps it would be thesible to post a thread about it. (:

MattKan
06-19-2011, 06:24 PM
I know that Vinka does for Europa, which I think is a highly effective way to draw people to the server and show his progress. Could be interesting to see the development of other servers in a similar way.

Oh, and Atlantis does that too :fro:. And everytime Crow posts something, I just HAVE to log in XD.

Tigairius
06-20-2011, 04:12 AM
We post a lot about updates on the forums on GK.

Bell
06-20-2011, 07:29 AM
The only server I don't really see posting updates here is UN. I think its a good idea myself. Even if the majority of a servers players don't always read these forums, it only takes one player to start spreading the word. Graal gossip/news spreads faster than a wildfire in dry grassland.

Bubble13
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
The only server I don't really see posting updates here is UN. I think its a good idea myself. Even if the majority of a servers players don't always read these forums, it only takes one player to start spreading the word. Graal gossip/news spreads faster than a wildfire in dry grassland.

As far as I know, UN still posts updates on their in game forums.

MysticX2X
06-21-2011, 01:20 AM
The only server I don't really see posting updates here is UN.

Yeah, wonder why.

Unkownsoldier
06-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Well, a lot of the Gold servers provide updates because originally Gold/VIP members could use the forums if I am correct. *not sure if I am though. However, a lot more life time classic members joined once the forums were open to everyone. I don't know, it just seems like mostly old players / Gold players use the forums more often than classic players. Just my opinion

skillmaster19
06-21-2011, 05:13 AM
UN doesn't even post their in game updates in their forums, they just silently release them. a new area in the ET center was released with checkers and battleship, and there was no announcment.

CujoDaMan
06-21-2011, 06:42 PM
On Shaded Legend i do it mainly through server, but update here after a bunch of stuff is done. I'm going to create a way on the server to see what is being made and the progress soon.

JesusFreak250
06-21-2011, 06:54 PM
UN doesn't even post their in game updates in their forums, they just silently release them. a new area in the ET center was released with checkers and battleship, and there was no announcment.

I didnty even notice that there

patrickp2p
06-22-2011, 12:53 AM

Agreed,
players on U.N. should check here more, it helps me a lot with development and advice, I know they have player houses on U.N. (I currently have one), so I think the dev. gurus here could help! ^_^;; This is one of my favorite parts of graal actually because players from all servers can Unite and become friends, something I would've never known if it hadn't been for the forums. :D