PDA

View Full Version : Friend just started playing. (Improve?)

Devil_Lord2
05-07-2011, 12:43 AM
So far, he hasn't received his account yet, and had to get on a guest account. Not liking any of the servers, I thought UN would be the best place to start, because I thought it had a small learning tutorial..

So, he hasn't received his info yet and decided to play a guest account; then logged into UN. Basically it started downloading things and then disconnected him.. personally if this happened to me the first time, and I didn't already know it would do that I would have not tried UN again. He then tried it again and could not move... there was a big square of poo? on the screen. A poo box.. I tried to get him to move but it wouldn't let him.. Eventually he had the idea to click it.. I wouldn't have thought about clicking it lol.. It warped him from the outside level to the inside of OSL I guess.. "He then exclaimed What do I do?! " So I told him to walk around..

He then asked me where is everyone.. I said probably everywhere, but don't expect help because most players are aholes on PC servers.

I think I heard him die and I believe he said he messed up...
I'm going to have him try Era..

Hopefully this post gives clue to what should be improved, at least to new players.

-EDIT-
I'm told he died in a cave, and not by a player.
Which I found surprising, unless there is some kind of protection system for new players..

Nevermind, he was just killed by some guy named nick, then killed him back. He learned how to use his sword and move.. :]

He was then ganged up on by three people and yelling at me what do I do, he's following me, I don't like this game.

Now yelling he wont leave me alone, how do I tell him to leave me alone.

That is about as far as I'm going to post for this lmao
Era now.

P.S. If Nick is reading this, he hates you lmao
He said Ef this game, Ef Graal.. xD
Making him play Era..

Suggestions:
Tutorial that they can actually find and is helpful, for both starting and playing the server itself.

More user friendly?

snoop413
05-07-2011, 02:42 AM
sounds like he's just bad.

Devil_Lord2
05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Well, his first time downloading Graal, or probably playing a game in a while, you could be right. 'excluding facebook'
But I admit it was pretty interesting watching him try... :D

The_Federov
05-08-2011, 05:28 AM
Aha. Era's not much better. The players are worse, and the disability you have when you start, is huge.

snoop413
05-08-2011, 07:11 AM
era is worse because you get stalked everywhere and when you die you get sent to the hosbitle. which is annoying when you're trying to get somewhere like the mines. at least if you die on UN you auto-revive and can just hide in the etcenter or w/e.

The_Federov
05-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, era is terrible.

Knux
05-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Basically you gotta mine for 5 weeks before you can get enough money to get a decent gun. Once you get said gun you gotta get good at using it. If you get good at using it it's only because you found out how to fight 5 gang members at once while they all go for the kill. On UN you just idle and then ***** about who is cooler.

Knux
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah, era is terrible.

You lost your guns you worked so hard for now you hate Era? :P

The_Federov
05-08-2011, 09:10 PM
You lost your guns you worked so hard for now you hate Era? :P

It's funny, because, I still have over 2m left, and still stick to my claim; era is ****.

DuBsTeRmAn
05-09-2011, 12:57 AM
I love how you put a message like this on every playerworld forum there is XD

The_Federov
05-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Well, he Did try every server...

Devil_Lord2
05-10-2011, 01:21 AM
era is worse because you get stalked everywhere and when you die you get sent to the hosbitle. which is annoying when you're trying to get somewhere like the mines. at least if you die on UN you auto-revive and can just hide in the etcenter or w/e.

Yes, assuming every new player knows where the ET center is.. I don't know where it is o.o; and I've played UN I guess it started around 2002-03? I think it came out around Shaded Legends and has gotten much much larger and odder.. I hate how the ET place warps me to some unknown spot on the map waaaaay farther from OSL then I'd like to be lol
I love how you put a message like this on every playerworld forum there is XD

Only three. ^.^;
The topic remains the same..
Sort of hopes having the experience of a new player helps them improve since they don't take the time to think about it them selves too much.. New players don't have a clue about even the key-mapping let alone the object of the servers..

Well, he Did try every server...

He only tried Unholy Nation, Era, and Classic.. Hasn't played Graal since... busy I believe.. Zodiac and Val I didn't think would be good for starting Graal players at all... :x

Drizzy
07-04-2011, 11:45 AM

hospital*

Tricxta
07-04-2011, 12:19 PM
was it worth it?

Devil_Lord2
07-19-2011, 02:39 PM
It did bring a little amusement to my life watching him try the game, definitely. However, It was also an attempt to give UN insight on things they could fix. Did they take the time to fix anything due to my post? Most likely not.

Worth it? Of course.

emoman
08-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Dear god... why would you bring a friend into such a disappointing server ?

Emera
08-15-2011, 12:59 AM
It did bring a little amusement to my life watching him try the game, definitely. However, It was also an attempt to give UN insight on things they could fix. Did they take the time to fix anything due to my post? Most likely not.

Worth it? Of course.

Train him up and what not on classic. It is nice and quiet and you can teach him almost everything there is to know about UN to him there. Then, when he gets better, give him a shot on UN again. I understand why he got bad impressions from his first visit, but for heavens sake don't make him play Era. On the other hand, it would fit UN quite nicely to have a humorous introduction for the new players to get some kind of grasp on what UN is like and try at least to fish the new players in. I love a server with a nice introduction (classic is a good example to look at, and that is ONE of the main reasons it is as successful as it is today, not to mention a million other things), and also somewhere that explains exactly just what is going on.

ffcmike
08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Train him up and what not on classic. It is nice and quiet and you can teach him almost everything there is to know about UN to him there. Then, when he gets better, give him a shot on UN again. I understand why he got bad impressions from his first visit, but for heavens sake don't make him play Era.

So, he did get farther on Classic, and understood it better than the other two servers.. but still never taught him how to get to his player messages, pause, or get to the options which aren't necessarily needed...

Point is, he got farther on the server, and lasted for a few hours! :]

Though these things he didn't learn are mentioned in certain places.

On a similar note, there's a lot I think every server can learn from these videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/syaoranvee#p/c/99F5C32DA1A2E3B0

Devil_Lord2
08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Dear god... why would you bring a friend into such a disappointing server ?

Just because all the classic servers disappoint me does not mean they would be disappointing to him. My friends, that he started talking to, actually got him to download Graal and they kind of just left him to play by him self. Later on he blamed me for making him play and not helping him when I was not the one that had him download it. x.x;;

Also, I'm not too much into Techno lol
But I did go to some of the other videos on it, btw do you or anyone know of any free, mac compatible, screen video tools? I forgot what they are called, it takes videos of you screen...

gaben
08-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Just because all the classic servers disappoint me does not mean they would be disappointing to him. My friends, that he started talking to, actually got him to download Graal and they kind of just left him to play by him self. Later on he blamed me for making him play and not helping him when I was not the one that had him download it. x.x;;

Also, I'm not too much into Techno lol
But I did go to some of the other videos on it, btw do you or anyone know of any free, mac compatible, screen video tools? I forgot what they are called, it takes videos of you screen...

http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/captureme/

Admins
09-23-2011, 01:35 PM
For making videos on Mac you can use the in-game video recorder (Alt+6) and then convert it using handbrake or so.

papajchris
09-23-2011, 06:13 PM
You really didnt givee any suggestions on what un could improve on, other than removing some poop...

Venom_Fish
09-28-2011, 08:50 PM
You really didnt givee any suggestions on what un could improve on, other than removing some poop...

I don't think he had to outright say it, seems pretty obvious from the incident.

Supaman771
09-28-2011, 10:26 PM
really un some poop

You used too many words.
:asleep: