PDA

View Full Version : Global News Team Facebook

MattKan
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
Global News Team Presents:
Graal Facebook Page
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/216168_120580471355832_118247588255787_158727_7294 512_n.jpg
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GraalOnline-News/118247588255787#!/

"Like" us today, at the link above, and receive up to date news about GraalOnline concerning both PC and iPhone Servers, alike!

cbk1994
05-01-2011, 03:30 AM
*smacks head*

DustyPorViva
05-01-2011, 03:39 AM
That's a big-ass "F."

WhiteDragon
05-01-2011, 03:52 AM
I don't think this is such a bad idea. A lot of Graal players are on Facebook (and certainly a lot more will be, soon). The existing iPhone Facebook pages tend to not have much useful information on them, maybe this one could turn a new leaf.

But yeah, that logo is friggin' enormous. :p

MattKan
05-01-2011, 03:59 AM
That's a big-ass "F."

it's designed to eat you if you don't like the page immediately

like that head is a symbol of what you will look like after being eaten by the big F

Clockwork
05-01-2011, 06:10 AM
I think you're overestimating the amount of news readers willing to commit to....fb, twitter, etc... o_o

MattKan
05-01-2011, 06:25 AM
I think you're overestimating the amount of news readers willing to commit to....fb, twitter, etc... o_o

Since all the iPhone players seem to have their own "Graal Facebook" accounts, I think they will all like the page and read it.

As far as PC players go...you can like it, too, because it will focus mainly on PC news. (Even if just a few PC players like the page, they won't be forgotten.)

And some people (like me) use Facebook, but not Twitter, and vice versa. This should provide information to users who use one site, but not the other.

I suggest everybody either like this page or follow the twitter page, because news can be posted easier and is posted much more often than the Login News. The twitter page includes more "narrow" news than the "broad" news that is sometimes posted in the main news screen. (However, we are seeing about improving the Graal Client news, but there's not a whole lot that we can do.)

jacob_bald6225
05-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Dont want to sound like a negative nancy, but the global news team is useless. Why not just make an open forum for developers to post their own news and attract their own players. The "news team" just seems like a useless middle man for people with nothing better to do.

kia345
05-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Dont want to sound like a negative nancy, but the global news team is useless. Why not just make an open forum for developers to post their own news and attract their own players. The "news team" just seems like a useless middle man for people with nothing better to do.

An attempt at quality control. While I agree with you, I wouldn't want to have to scroll through twelves pages of news posts about a recolored head on Era iPhone just to see that Delteria's public.

Seich
05-01-2011, 05:09 PM
The link appears to be broken. It takes me to the facebook homepage :/

foxboi
05-16-2011, 07:33 PM

That's actually very true. I'd rather have developers giving me genuine and honest pitches as to why I should go onto their server rather than having a middleman do it. The middlemen cannot be as passionate and as enthusiastic as the person who created it themselves.

fowlplay4
05-16-2011, 07:50 PM
That's actually very true. I'd rather have developers giving me genuine and honest pitches as to why I should go onto their server rather than having a middleman do it. The middlemen cannot be as passionate and as enthusiastic as the person who created it themselves.

Nothing prevents developers from getting their own "genuine and honest pitches" out there. Articles written by the GNT are the result of the developer not being that enthusiastic/passionate about the update enough to want it published on the server list.

The Graal News Team does make it possible for people without gold subscriptions to post updates to the Graal News feed though, so I wouldn't say they're completely useless.

Emera
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Maybe this?

foxboi
05-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Nothing prevents developers from getting their own "genuine and honest pitches" out there. Articles written by the GNT are the result of the developer not being that enthusiastic/passionate about the update enough to want it published on the server list.

The Graal News Team does make it possible for people without gold subscriptions to post updates to the Graal News feed though, so I wouldn't say they're completely useless.

That's true. However, I've never seen a developer who develops something worthwhile not being entirely passionate enough to want to catch the interest of the graal community. In most cases they would be the ones voluntarily taking the initiative to bring awareness to their creations. I can see what you're saying though about how the GNT assists in the distribution of developments in cases where developers are reluctant to attempt to publish it on the sever list.

Example:

I make the impossible GS1 to GS2 converter saving scripters loads of time converting old scripts and some leeway for lazy scripters who haven't learned GS2 yet. - Wouldn't I want to go to the community and put a spotlight on this innovation? It would be completely stupid to have someone else come and announce my idea for me as I would have much more insight into how everything works since I created.

But if the developers are the ones calling out to the GNT to announce all their developments then I guess their useful.

Felix_Xenophobe
05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Thank me later when graal #1

Crono
05-16-2011, 08:54 PM
lol felix

kia345
05-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Thank me later when graal #1

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=52884&d=1305571757

That face is an accurate representation of everyone who sees that splash screen.

just :I