PDA

View Full Version : Broken Games

Devil_Lord2
04-22-2011, 04:20 AM
So, Fireenn and I were playing Tetris Co-Op mode, and after not having been able to get past 6k in 30? games lol.. We finally got up to 80k+ ... He had to eat, and there is no pausing the game... Anyway I think he logged off and it didn't even save our score >.>

Neetris doesn't save score sometimes.

Later on, I had two people get Graal / get on Unholy Nation, and we attempted to play Neetris together, but it wouldn't find each other in Quick-Match. After quite a few tries we gave up to play Tower Defence.

Either Fireenn and I broke Tetris, or it doesn't work for Trials.

So we decided to try Tower Defense and going into lobby, starting the game, the two people kept trying to join and it would say "That player is not online". Maybe that was my fault, I then had one of them try it.. they couldn't create the game because it would say the same thing x.x;

I then re-tried to create the game and I even did /add "account" which said they were both not online.

Either Tower defense doesn't work or it doesn't work for Trials.

Fix the trial things for both games, add pauses to Neetris, and fix the scoring saver possibly. :c

Fireenn and I wouldn't mind having our score put up as well x.x;;

_Zelph
04-22-2011, 04:51 AM
For Neetris:

Co-op games have to end when one of the players logs off, and I don't think the score is submitted when that happens. Being in that situation isn't ideal but it could probably be changed to do that as long as the other player sticks around for the moment it would take for their client to submit the score (If I remember correctly, the client that makes the losing move is the one that submits as it is right now).

Versus games let the other player finish their game whether the other player loses, leaves, etc., because the gameplay is the same as a single player game.

Pausing could probably be added, but there would be a lot of annoying issues to resolve for the multiplayer matches. I don't see myself having the time to deal with it in the foreseeable future, and I'm not sure if Neetris is actively played enough to make it a priority if any other scripters wanted to add it.

I'm not sure what to say about the quick match stuff. I tested it just now and it's working fine. If it's some weird issue that you're able to reproduce, please post it.

Devil_Lord2
04-22-2011, 05:39 AM
For Neetris:

Co-op games have to end when one of the players logs off, and I don't think the score is submitted when that happens. Being in that situation isn't ideal but it could probably be changed to do that as long as the other player sticks around for the moment it would take for their client to submit the score (If I remember correctly, the client that makes the losing move is the one that submits as it is right now).

Versus games let the other player finish their game whether the other player loses, leaves, etc., because the gameplay is the same as a single player game.

Pausing could probably be added, but there would be a lot of annoying issues to resolve for the multiplayer matches. I don't see myself having the time to deal with it in the foreseeable future, and I'm not sure if Neetris is actively played enough to make it a priority if any other scripters wanted to add it.

I'm not sure what to say about the quick match stuff. I tested it just now and it's working fine. If it's some weird issue that you're able to reproduce, please post it.

Fireenn and I are going to play again, hopefully our score is as high as it was.. I'd say why I believe no one really plays any of the games but there is no point really lol..It isn't because of the content though. Anyway, maybe tomorrow I will see if they can join either of the two games.

Sometimes it would say match found on quickmatch, and when I click ready nothing would happen. Usually it says you have made a match with "." which I don't know if that is normal or not...

MattKan
04-22-2011, 06:34 AM
If you want it fixed, I suggest you pm or send a UN-Forum message to GK, because I'm pretty sure he made Neetris, and I know he made Tower Defense.

_Zelph
04-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Some of these problems probably do stem from trial account status. I haven't been keeping up with Graal stuff for a while, but now that I think of it, I think some trial accounts can have null/empty community names (Thus saying that you're matched with "."), and that's probably breaking some stuff if that's the case.

The sentence you're reading right now replaced a rant on stupid community name bull****.

Quick matching could probably use account names instead. Then we get the fun of mixing account name and community name crap. And then we have trials in the high score list (Nice job, pc:23184230!). Then should I disallow trials to be in the list? What if it's co-op and one of the players isn't a trial?

To be honest, I probably should've just blocked trials altogether.

I don't mean to sound bitter. It's just that I'm sort of already on my way out of Graal as it is. Have your friend upgrade :p

_Zelph
04-22-2011, 06:39 AM
If you want it fixed, I suggest you pm or send a UN-Forum message to GK, because I'm pretty sure he made Neetris, and I know he made Tower Defense.

Nah, Neetris is me

Devil_Lord2
04-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Nah, Neetris is me

Oh I see.. and I know guest are blocked in it.. well that is no fun lol, those two games are the only reason I get on UN. xD

Anyway, it's no problem, we know better now then to just quit. Also, as said before most people aren't playing it so it may not matter too much to change.. other than quitting that may not be good. :c