PDA

View Full Version : Privacy, and identity.

WaDaFack
04-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Your IP shouldn't be open to all staff with RC, it should only be available to the PR/GP Admin, the assistant manager and the manager.
I try to start a new account without anybody knowing it's me, but of course some staff member has to ruin it by comparing my IP to my main account.
Not only that but... your PM history should be displayed via your account, not through your PC:ID.
Even when I try to play on a new account and someone checks my history, the history would be the same as the one on this one, thus, revealing who I am.

Just two minor updates you guys should add to V6.

cbk1994
04-16-2011, 06:33 AM
our PM history should be displayed via your account, not through your PC:ID.
Even when I try to play on a new account and someone checks my history, the history would be the same as the one on this one, thus, revealing who I am..

PM history is not, in fact, by PCID...not sure where you got that idea as the client isn't even aware of the PCID of other players unless they're on a guest account. You will be able to see messages you've sent them and messages they've sent you on that computer, but they cannot see the messages your computer has sent/received.

fowlplay4
04-16-2011, 06:33 AM
1. It's most likely the people who you mention should be able to do it that are outing you. IPs aren't available to public, and unless you're acting out or your behavior is detected you shouldn't have that problem.

If you have an issue with a server outing you, e-mail: [email protected]

Also Karma.

2. PM History is by account and has been that way for a long time.

Demisis_P2P
04-16-2011, 07:06 AM
If you want privacy don't play a multiplayer online game?

And if you've got such a terrible personality that you think you need to make a new account to escape your bad reputation then whose fault is that really? Hmmm?

WaDaFack
04-16-2011, 08:19 AM
What the hell, I've caught countless people because of them having the same history as their other account.
How does that even work? PM's are saved on your computer, if it is saved for each account, why don't I have separate PM folders?

cbk1994
04-16-2011, 08:45 AM
What the hell, I've caught countless people because of them having the same history as their other account.
How does that even work? PM's are saved on your computer, if it is saved for each account, why don't I have separate PM folders?

Each computer has its own PM stores. Therefore, if you send a message on account WaDaFack to me and then get on Allen555 or another of you accounts and view history it will look like you sent the message from Allen555. If I were to view history with Allen555, I wouldn't see the PM you sent me from WaDaFack.

WaDaFack
04-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Each computer has its own PM stores. Therefore, if you send a message on account WaDaFack to me and then get on Allen555 or another of you accounts and view history it will look like you sent the message from Allen555. If I were to view history with Allen555, I wouldn't see the PM you sent me from WaDaFack.
That's what I mean. If someone checks the history on Allen555, they'll see that he sent the EXACT same message as I did, at the exact same time (if they remember me sending that). Which gives the the player the idea who I am.
It shouldn't be like this! :P

Rufus
04-16-2011, 12:17 PM
That's what I mean. If someone checks the history on Allen555, they'll see that he sent the EXACT same message as I did, at the exact same time (if they remember me sending that). Which gives the the player the idea who I am.
It shouldn't be like this! :P

On your computer yeah, not other peoples.

Crono
04-16-2011, 01:09 PM
wada if you pm me on an alternate account i wont see our history together, while you will see the history between us on all your accounts because of the computer you're on

MattKan
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but if someone knows your IP, can't they do something with it that allows them to access your computer?

fowlplay4
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but if someone knows your IP, can't they do something with it that allows them to access your computer?

They can port-scan and look for holes, most people don't waste their time with that.

You're more likely to get "hacked" by other players using malicious links, trojans, or exploiting your secret answers to gain control of various accounts.

swimdude
04-17-2011, 11:46 PM
In the wrong hands , this can be dangerous..

cbk1994
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM
In the wrong hands , this can be dangerous..

IP addresses are not dangerous, lol.

WhiteDragon
04-18-2011, 12:10 AM
Only if your computer already has a vulnerability.

DustyPorViva
04-18-2011, 12:48 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/1473435_o.gif

nullify
04-18-2011, 01:00 AM
lmao guize i hakked ur facebooks n post embarrasing thingz in ur statuz

Alex-Stravier
04-18-2011, 11:04 PM
They can port-scan and look for holes, most people don't waste their time with that.

You're more likely to get "hacked" by other players using malicious links, trojans, or exploiting your secret answers to gain control of various accounts.

Put your accountname and password into this shady-looking website and your account will be made into a P2P account for free! Totally not a phishing attempt. Honest.

swimdude
04-19-2011, 05:08 AM
IP addresses are not dangerous, lol.

http://www.find-ip-address.org/
Im coming 4 u

Bell
04-19-2011, 07:08 PM
http://www.find-ip-address.org/
Im coming 4 u

According to that I live on a really nice lake. I wanna switch houses.

Crono
04-19-2011, 08:11 PM
it says i live on the other side of town, gg

xAndrewx
04-19-2011, 11:43 PM
ips are fun, we can do logs to see which country has the most playercount and market our target audience rofl
or, we can just have players set their country in the profile... =p