PDA

View Full Version : Armageddon ??

sssssssssss
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
As I've quit drinking, I've gotten really, really bored lately, and was thinking of bringing back the server.

I know it got flamed, and I stuck up for people like any good friend would, but the fact of the matter it ends up everyone was right. I did not condone the actions and images that were put up, and was constantly told they were safe, just to say.

With that, would you people want to see this server up and online? We were about 4 months of hard work away from at least hosted. If so, what would you want to see on it the most? What was the best thing we had? Stuff like that, just good input I guess I'm asking. I won't be bringing it back until subscriptions go away though, since I will not make a server for a game that doesn't listen to it's developers.

Let me know I guess...

Rufus
03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Pretty much all of the content was stolen, how can you say that you were 4 months away from being hosted?

fowlplay4
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
I want Atlantis, more importantly my pick axe.

Gratz on your sobriety I guess.

ffcmike
03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
If I recall correctly there was a time you made a post stating Armageddon must be about 2 weeks away from the PlayerWorlds Tab, a couple of weeks later you re-estimated this to be about a month away, a month later you re-estimate another 2 months, all this time has passed since and now it's 4 months off of the Hosted tab?

I would suggest that if you're hoping for it to be taken seriously as a project (and I'm not referring to any past criticisms that others have made) you say exactly what you feel there is left to be done for it to be ready as this provides a much more absolute idea of the time scale.

Hiro
03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I won't be bringing it back until subscriptions go away though, since I will not make a server for a game that doesn't listen to it's developers.
so basically we'll never see armageddon again?

sssssssssss
03-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Pretty much all of the content was stolen, how can you say that you were 4 months away from being hosted?

Most of the images were stolen, thats what I was talking about that I didn't condone. A decent GFX team of 2 people could do all we had in like 2 weeks probably. It really wasen't that much GFX, mostly a tileset and a few other stupid images.

I'm not saying it won't be seen again, I'm simply going to wait for graal pc to get a bit better is all, if that doesn't happen, then there really is no reason to bother.

Geno
03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
being sober never lasts for too long pal, you will fall of the horse eventually

sssssssssss
03-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Lol, just figured that out today. :)

My plans are still my plans. On a rough estimate (other estimates being obsolete being we added ideas which is why it kept going up) it'd be about 4 months to hosted. After that, I'd give it 2 months to classic, being we wouldn't bother with hosted until we wanted to be ready to give players a real feel of most of the server. I WANT to do this, I just dont want to get gold AND pay for a server again.

Unfortunately, Graal is still the most fun mmorpg I've played. And I've played A LOT of them.