PDA

View Full Version : iEra & Maybe PC Era as well.

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Now both iEra & PC Era get alot of players, and the basic communication we have with each other is, typing/emoticons.

My idea is to maybe some how install a In-Game voice chat, where you can send "voice mails" instead of "Private messages", gangs can speak with each other without having someone not on that gangs tag listening. This would be a really great idea for gangs that are really serious about taking bases in iEra.

i just thought it be a cool idea, any comments?

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Now both iEra & PC Era get alot of players, and the basic communication we have with each other is, typing/emoticons.

My idea is to maybe some how install a In-Game voice chat, where you can send "voice mails" instead of "Private messages", gangs can speak with each other without having someone not on that gangs tag listening. This would be a really great idea for gangs that are really serious about taking bases in iEra.

i just thought it be a cool idea, any comments?

A terrible implementation of voice chat already exists in the client.

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:32 AM
A terrible implementation of voice chat already exists in the client.

thats y i suggest a better one be made -_- please excuse your self by pressing the top right "X", thx
Signed,
-HomoPanda

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:38 AM
thats y i suggest a better one be made -_- please excuse your self by pressing the top right "X", thx
Signed,
-HomoPanda

Aint gonna happen bro.

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Aint gonna happen bro.

thats why im just suggesting it so stefan or SnK, can just have the idea in the back of their minds, i once again refer you to clicking the "X"
-.-

Herb_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:46 AM
tell him, dem!

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:50 AM
thats why im just suggesting it so stefan or SnK, can just have the idea in the back of their minds, i once again refer you to clicking the "X"
-.-

Requests for new features go here:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

This is something that would need to be added to the game client or added to the scripting language. As at current I don't believe there is any way to receive microphone input with Graal Script. So there is no way for a server, or local server staff, to create and implement this feature on their own.
Only Stefan (and to some extent Skyld) can make changes to the actual game client.

P.S. Stefan probably won't do it.

P.P.S. download ventrilo, teamspeak or mumble.

P.P.P.S. you ****ing jerk.

Twinny
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Skyld cannot make any changes to the client itself. He can gain access to internally scripted controls but Stefan maintains control over most of those.

Implementing such a system isn't a small thing. Consideration would have to be put in place for the sheer amount of rooms that would be necessary to contain all those messages. How long would it allow you to record a message for? How many seconds/minutes of 'voicemail' could you store on each account and for how long?

With thousands of players, the size requirements would be massive

CharlieM
03-03-2011, 02:58 PM

P.P.P.S. you ****ing jerk.

this

fowlplay4
03-03-2011, 04:45 PM

+Skype for Voicemails.

kia345
03-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Or just type, because I can guarantee whiny, prepubescent voices will get old after awhile.

Vman13x
03-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Hahaha schooled by the pros

Darugo
03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
+Skype for Voicemails.

I'm sick of getting drunken voicemails from fowlplay4.

Supaman771
03-05-2011, 11:40 PM
called vent

WillaWonka
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I still dont see increase activity in PC era :/

HomoPanda
06-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I still dont see increase activity in PC era :/

gj
necroing
:noob: