PDA

View Full Version : iClassic

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 05:50 AM
iClassic...is failing so hard,
wth, iClassic used to be ****ing awsome, now nothing gets done, they release hats and heads, big whoop, were tired of those, we want other stuff and the ability to actally get an Admin who is able to do things, not one who says "sorry talk to Xor", uhm hello, we cant get to Xor, thats why you have a Admin tag. iEra surpassed iClassic within the first week. y? Cause SnK knows wtf hes doing, and has PR's that can and are willing to help. If things dont change, i can easly see iClassic dying completently...please dont let that happen.

LordSquirt
03-02-2011, 06:02 AM
Well Classic iPhone has a much larger playercount and Xor has a lot to do so it's pretty to easy to see why he's hard get in touch with. However, Xor checks e-mails daily @ the iPhone e-mail so if you really want to get in touch with him you can do it through that.

Also, Classic iPhone can't be "failing so hard" when it has 1.3k+ ppl on atm

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 06:08 AM
Well Classic iPhone has a much larger playercount and Xor has a lot to do so it's pretty to easy to see why he's hard get in touch with. However, Xor checks e-mails daily @ the iPhone e-mail so if you really want to get in touch with him you can do it through that.

Also, Classic iPhone can't be "failing so hard" when it has 1.3k+ ppl on atm

im not talking about the player count, iClassic is failing, u cant get in touch with an PR or Admin because the second you try to find one or feedback for help, your banned from feedback or jailed for spam, like seriously? Ive yet to see one admin in my 6 months on being on iClassic. Xor is busy as a Manager, but iEra also has more scripting involved compared to iClassic, & SnK still comes online for 2-3 hrs a day and deals with Problems. Not saying Xor is a bad manager cause hes a ****ing great one, but the staff he has doesnt do anything but sit invisible.

For example, People on iEra that i know, complain and tell me they left iClassic because its so goddamn hard to get a transfer, someone i know has been waiting 2 months for a single transfer? i think we can agree thats not a legit waiting time for a transfer. If iEra can get transfer's in within 2-3 days, i see no reason why iClassic cant either.

LordSquirt
03-02-2011, 06:11 AM
As a former iPhone GP I know Xor goes through account transfers and gelat mistakes daily.

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 06:12 AM
As a former iPhone GP I know Xor goes through account transfers and gelat mistakes daily.

Not really, if this person is still to this day waiting for an accnt transfer.

WhiteDragon
03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
iPhone Classic does have a lot of players. But, it doesn't seem to me that much innovative stuff has been done there. I think the chances for Graal that this new medium brought have been terribly neglected, and it's biting us in the ass as a result.

I generally try to not be particularly critical of iPhone Classic when I don't need to, but I do want to point out that I believe the same as everyone else. The two communities should have been more integrated, and more effort should have gone into making iPhone Classic less generic, more engaging, and more professional.

I don't particularly think the effort of the current team there is what is missing. I feel it's more a case of bad coordination, and the wrong goals.

Either way, posting in this PC Classic subforum is just talking to the wrong ear. Most people here agree that iPhone Classic has been done poorly, and none of the people who work there really read this.

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 06:41 AM
iPhone Classic does have a lot of players. But, it doesn't seem to me that much innovative stuff has been done there. I think the chances for Graal that this new medium brought have been terribly neglected, and it's biting us in the ass as a result.

I generally try to not be particularly critical of iPhone Classic when I don't need to, but I do want to point out that I believe the same as everyone else. The two communities should have been more integrated, and more effort should have gone into making iPhone Classic less generic, more engaging, and more professional.

I don't particularly think the effort of the current team there is what is missing. I feel it's more a case of bad coordination, and the wrong goals.

Either way, posting in this PC Classic subforum is just talking to the wrong ear. Most people here agree that iPhone Classic has been done poorly, and none of the people who work there really read this.

i just wanted this brought up because im seriously annoyed and mad that one of my favorite servers is dying and no one cares.

kingcj
03-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Graal has been dying for years... Jump on that bandwagon cause it's really nothing new.
Even the iPhone servers will die untill people are paid to develop.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of graal developers don't consider this their "job," and if they don't have incentive (money) why would they work on something to the best of their ability?

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 07:52 AM
Graal has been dying for years... Jump on that bandwagon cause it's really nothing new.
I'm pretty sure that a lot of graal developers don't consider this their "job," and if they don't have incentive (money) why would they work on something to the best of their ability?

iEra has yet to die, or even come into the state of "dying..." iEra is doing very well, very frequent BIG updates, not "We have released 2 new heads in snowtown general store"

Crono
03-02-2011, 03:04 PM
graal's lifetime progress compressed down to about a year on iDevices and still holds true LOL

funny

Rufus
03-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Was this thread moved?

fowlplay4
03-02-2011, 04:48 PM

Even if developers did get paid it wouldn't be nearly enough (at the most I see it paying for a team lunch every couple weeks or so) to compensate us for the time spent, and money certainly isn't the end-all-be-all of development incentive either.

Graal development will improve when a few things happen:

1. Documentation gets a serious facelift. (Graal Administration will need to be involved, and help with this instead of expecting volunteers to do everything.)
2. Tools and updates get made to make the Development Platform more accessible, as well as to show current developers that they still care.
3. Subscriptions being completely revamped/removed.
4. Observer Mode being completely removed.

Was this thread moved?

Yep.

DustyPorViva
03-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Why the hell was it moved to the UN section?

Fulg0reSama
03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
Why the hell was it moved to the UN section?

I wonder the very same.

HomoPanda
03-02-2011, 07:26 PM
1. Documentation gets a serious facelift. (graal administration will need to be involved, and help with this instead of expecting volunteers to do everything.)
2. Tools and updates get made to make the development platform more accessible, as well as to show current developers that they still care.
4. Observer mode being completely removed.

+1

Fulg0reSama
03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Even if developers did get paid it wouldn't be nearly enough (at the most I see it paying for a team lunch every couple weeks or so) to compensate us for the time spent, and money certainly isn't the end-all-be-all of development incentive either.

Graal development will improve when a few things happen:

1. Documentation gets a serious facelift. (Graal Administration will need to be involved, and help with this instead of expecting volunteers to do everything.)
2. Tools and updates get made to make the Development Platform more accessible, as well as to show current developers that they still care.
4. Observer Mode being completely removed.

I would like to also add to it that more than just graal development will be improved upon implementing these fixes if accompanied with proper advertisement considering their progression with Graal as of late.

skillmaster19
03-03-2011, 03:52 AM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633446&postcount=59

In addition to my ideas in this post, I think developers should receive a small amount of gelat purchases spent on their servers to give them a reason to put a large amount of effort into a server. Will it make them enough money to make a living? No, but it would be nice to make a little extra spending money off of developing a Graal server.

MattKan
03-03-2011, 04:54 AM
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633446&postcount=59

In addition to my ideas in this post, I think developers should receive a small amount of gelat purchases spent on their servers to give them a reason to put a large amount of effort into a server. Will it make them enough money to make a living? No, but it would be nice to make a little extra spending money off of developing a Graal server.

This is already being done... I'm pretty sure Xor gets paid a little bit of money

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:17 AM
This is already being done... I'm pretty sure Xor gets paid a little bit of money

im sure he does. But it would be helpful to the players if he choose a staff that actally wanted to help iClassic and not just walk around with the staff tag and tools they get.

90% of iClassic's staff dont do their jobs, i see, player's see it, but Xor has yet to see it. Y? Because when you try to make a complaint, you get jailed, banned, or gagged and that discourages players to speak their mind about things, which leads to people clicking the delete button on Graal IPhone/ITouch. I can do a better job as a PR on iClassic, then any of their current PR's, and i can guarantee that, but ill never get the chance because iClassic Staff never has openings for fresh new members.

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:30 AM
im sure he does. But it would be helpful to the players if he choose a staff that actally wanted to help iClassic and not just walk around with the staff tag and tools they get.

90% of iClassic's staff dont do their jobs, i see, player's see it, but Xor has yet to see it. Y? Because when you try to make a complaint, you get jailed, banned, or gagged and that discourages players to speak their mind about things, which leads to people clicking the delete button on Graal IPhone/ITouch. I can do a better job as a PR on iClassic, then any of their current PR's, and i can guarantee that, but ill never get the chance because iClassic Staff never has openings for fresh new members.

Protest on the bridge.

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:35 AM
Protest on the bridge.

and get another long 24 hr ban? ha no thx

Geno
03-03-2011, 07:44 AM
wha wha wha wha. HomoPanda you are not helping the situation, if anything you are just going to make staff members dislike you even more, as well as some community members here on the forums.

complaining about no real updates won't make them produce real updates

the only way updates will be carried out is by the free will of the staff members and perhaps if people develop content and submit it.

so instead of wha wha wha-ing how about you build some quests and script some awesome items as prizes at the end, then maybe the players would see the updates you cry about.

Boom.

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 07:55 AM
and get another long 24 hr ban? ha no thx

they can't ban everyone. get everyone. grab a sign. stand on the bridge and protest. this has always worked in the past. always.

HomoPanda
03-03-2011, 07:55 AM
so instead of wha wha wha-ing how about you build some quests and script some awesome items as prizes at the end, then maybe the players would see the updates you cry about.

Because its not my job to develop things for iClassic, thats the job of the people who work for iClassic. Id be more then happy to script things for iClassic, but i dont know what they want scripted. So how about taking your "internet tough guy" attidude and going else where, kthxbai.

Demisis_P2P
03-03-2011, 08:03 AM
So how about taking your "internet tough guy" attidude and going else where, kthxbai.

Stop being so rude.

Geno is a cool as heck dude and one day you'll probably wish that you could chill out with him in real life and he'll remember your bad attitude and he'll say "nah bro, suck it", and then won't your face be so red?

Fulg0reSama
03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Stop being so rude.

Geno is a cool as heck dude and one day you'll probably wish that you could chill out with him in real life and he'll remember your bad attitude and he'll say "nah bro, suck it", and then won't your face be so red?

lol, the Geno comment aside Demisis is right, you should be a lot more curdious and polite when it comes to requests such as you're giving. If you don't respond with a good attitude, it's only going to come back to slam you in the face ten times over and that is the rules of the interwebz.

Geno
03-03-2011, 08:44 AM
i was being rude to him too. but hell. he made a thread complaining about staff not developing content. common thats the story for the past forever, it gets old so i get mean.

If you don't want to develop your own stuff then stop demanding that others do it. this inst that type of party.

Boom

Fulg0reSama
03-03-2011, 08:46 AM
i was being rude to him too. but hell. he made a thread complaining about staff not developing content. common thats the story for the past forever it gets old so i get mean.

If you don't want to develop your own stuff then stop demanding that others do it. this inst that type of party.

Yes, but your act of "rudeness" was more just than his, you actually had some ground to say what you wanted to say; however Panda here from my perspective doesn't appear to have the ground to support and claim his rant.

@Panda, what I'm saying is if you're going to attempt to demand anything from anyone, you must be able to negotiate it instead of practically venting what we already know, otherwise nothing gets done.

Geno
03-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Because when you try to make a complaint, you get jailed, banned, or gagged and that discourages players to speak their mind

this statement is un-true and ignorant sounding.

BUT, When I am king moderator, I solemnly pledge to make sure this policy applies to you on the forums.

Fulg0reSama
03-03-2011, 09:15 AM
BUT, When I am king moderator, I solemnly pledge to make sure this policy applies to you on the forums.

Should make me a normal mod :[

Luda
03-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Protest on the bridge.

:'(

MattKan
03-11-2011, 02:29 AM
You can always tell that there are too many stores when the Staff members fail to remember the names.

The following news article, regarding the shop, Little Red Barn Furniture, was posted:

Four new chairs and three new beds have been added to the Little Red Barn Furniture Store. The chairs are in the first room and the beds are in the second room.
Big Red Barn Burniture Store has been marked on the map and can be found near Nexus/World of Mirth

skillmaster19
03-11-2011, 04:29 AM
You can always tell that there are too many stores when the Staff members fail to remember the names.

The following news article, regarding the shop, Little Red Barn Furniture, was posted:

Four new chairs and three new beds have been added to the Little Red Barn Furniture Store. The chairs are in the first room and the beds are in the second room.
Big Red Barn Burniture Store has been marked on the map and can be found near Nexus/World of Mirth

Lmao I noticed the same thing. I laughed. They fixed it lol.

skillmaster19
03-11-2011, 04:33 AM
wha wha wha wha. HomoPanda you are not helping the situation, if anything you are just going to make staff members dislike you even more, as well as some community members here on the forums.

complaining about no real updates won't make them produce real updates

the only way updates will be carried out is by the free will of the staff members and perhaps if people develop content and submit it.

Boom.
Even if someone was to make an awesome quest with a prize at the end, they would probably change it to a key to a shop with the prize that costs 20000 gralats. The only exception was the Onnet forest quest, and that was before iClassic started failing. Also, they do not accept any content from people outside the staff of the server, I tried.
Edit: sorry for double post.

Tricxta
03-11-2011, 09:33 AM
A agree with all this. I beleive if iClassic started accepting quests from outside there dev team as long as its quality the server would be a much better place. Oh btw dont try complaining about gp abuse coz you get jailed haha... gotta love it when you get corrupt staff and no way to report them.

Anyway if any iClassic staff read this accept outside players work!!!!

Geno
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
they do not accept any content from people outside the staff of the server, I tried.
Edit: sorry for double post.

if it is top quality work I have a gut feeling they would accept it.

skillmaster19
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
if it is top quality work I have a gut feeling they would accept it.
Based on the reply they gave me, it sounds like they do not want any large updates as they "don't want the gameplay changed to much". In other words they want the game to remain the same as it is; a game focusing on player customization. I hope they will sell iPhone Playerworlds someday, as I plan to make a real Classic server with quests and fun events, that focuses less on shops.

Tricxta
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
you can make an iServer, so many noobs have already attempted it. Just ask stephan and he'll be glad to get you on your way im sure.

skillmaster19
03-12-2011, 01:42 AM
you can make an iServer, so many noobs have already attempted it. Just ask stephan and he'll be glad to get you on your way im sure.
Nope, a friend of mine already tried it. He just says it is theoretically possible, and then doesn't reply anymore and you end up buying a server that goes to waste because he won't let you test on iPhone or give you any of the iphone scripts such as the chat or the movement.

MattKan
03-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Nope, a friend of mine already tried it. He just says it is theoretically possible, and then doesn't reply anymore and you end up buying a server that goes to waste because he won't let you test on iPhone or give you any of the iphone scripts such as the chat or the movement.

You could always pull an Everwind and pretend to have scripts and trick everyone into working for you

skillmaster19
03-12-2011, 02:11 AM
You could always pull an Everwind and pretend to have scripts and trick everyone into working for you
The only people that will fool are people with no experience that can't make acceptable content. Only hope right now is to prepare a bunch of levels and graphics, and then script when iPhone playerworlds are released to the public.

MattKan
03-12-2011, 02:17 AM
The only people that will fool are people with no experience that can't make acceptable content. Only hope right now is to prepare a bunch of levels and graphics, and then script when iPhone playerworlds are released to the public.

yeah he couldn't even script. when i logged onto his server as staff, RC flashed this:

Weapon (Something) updated by Ohk4y
Error Message whatever: Missing ; in line 3 echo("Stefan: Hello! Congratulations on becoming an iPhone Server!")

skillmaster19
03-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Would rep +1 but it wont let me. thats hilarious :P