PDA

View Full Version : What's the plan?

Mark Sir Link
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Is the current plan to just continue to do nothing and remove UN when Classic returns to the Server List? I hate to sound so cynical but this really seems as if it could be the PWA and Management's approach toward Unholy Nation at this point, since this far into Crono's management, the players still have no idea what, if anything, is being worked, nor do they have any idea what Crono's vision for the server is.

If the plan really is something along the lines of pulling the plug on UN when Classic comes out, I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in finding this as a giant "**** you" to the players from the PWA and it may very well successfully finish off Graal on the PC Platform for good.

If this isn't the case, can someone maybe clear up what the Management is working on or is planning to work on? Events have been left on the wayside as we're still questioning why, 5 weeks after being hired, all the ETs remain Cadets and their staff team remains without direction, from the Manager or non-existent ET Admin.

The only significant updates we've seen in the past several months were the efforts of people working on their own without the aid of Management, so I'm not interested in hearing about Tower Defense or GoKarts.

ffcmike
02-16-2011, 10:34 PM
It's by no means a guarantee that Classic will go live as there's still alot of work required to be done for us to feel that it's ready to mount such a challenge, and I'm sure UN's management will also explain that there's only so much that can realistically be accomplished over a period of time for the developmental talent at hand (whether or not it's been utilised well is a different issue).

The question should really just be how is UN moving forward as opposed to worrying about other servers.

Elizabeth
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
im going to be mad if un is deleted becos i realy like tower defense

nullify
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Going classic always results in playercount increases, just look at Maloria!

ffcmike
02-16-2011, 11:27 PM
Going classic always results in playercount increases, just look at Maloria!

Which is why I'm under no illusions as to what is required for a server to consistently maintain a strong playercount in the current climate of Graal, and stress very strongly that this should not be attempted pre-maturely, no matter how much people say they are excited about it or want it to happen (which there has been a very encouraging amount of).
Being a UN alternative or iPhone player refuge (while a potentially useful advantage) alone are not enough to cut it.

fowlplay4
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Clearly abs(Crono)'s vision is to piss off the denizens of UN to keep the drama engine turning, and then to turn around and give some lame politician like answer of why that is not true.

taylor
02-17-2011, 02:45 AM
The plan I think is to see how many threads you make about UN's management within 1 year!

fowlplay4
02-17-2011, 02:53 AM
The plan I think is to see how many threads you make about UN's management within 1 year!

So I did the forum search, and have noticed we're at 7 now.

Mark Sir Link
02-17-2011, 03:35 AM

I don't think the quantity of threads has anything to do with the points within them, no? If I really wanted to get very specific about each issue, there'd be dozens of threads.

Fulg0reSama
02-17-2011, 03:37 AM
I don't think the quantity of threads has anything to do with the points within them, no?

There's a saying and what I believe to be a fact "The more you say a word, it loses its meaning."

What it means: Shut the **** up about it, casually mention it and it'll either get fixed or not because your repetitions actually if anything get turned away because they're tired of hearing it.

Demisis_P2P
02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I heard that if you email [email protected] and complain a couple of times they'll fire the manager. But there's about a 90% chance that they'll just replace them with somebody worse.

nullify
02-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I heard that if you email [email protected] and complain a couple of times they'll fire the manager. But there's about a 90% chance that they'll just replace them with somebody worse.

They'd have to read the message first, but yeah.

MysticX2X
02-17-2011, 08:20 AM
What surprises me is that anybody gives this much of a **** for UN.

Starfire2001
02-17-2011, 09:21 AM
It would be nice to know what, if anything, is being worked on by management.

Hiro
02-17-2011, 10:03 AM
What surprises me is that anybody gives this much of a **** for UN.
it's more related to it being the only classic server left public

Chakrah
02-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Who cares

nightslayer317
02-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Play Legend Of Zelda : A Link To The Past. It's better anyway.

EclipsedAngel
02-19-2011, 12:54 PM
how to multiplayer with a link to the past.

If nintendo ever did make an online Zelda game, we'd be screwed.

kia345
02-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Because Graal's gameplay is so much like Zelda's now and we totally only play Graal for the Zelda-like experience.