PDA

View Full Version : Sound/Music development software suggestions?

Jiroxys7
02-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Any suggestions for a good sound/music creation software?

fowlplay4
02-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Windows Sound Recorder

DrakilorP2P
02-15-2011, 08:40 PM
sfxr for sounds.

adam
02-16-2011, 12:04 AM
lmms for music maybe.

Jiroxys7
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Windows Sound Recorder

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LTbec9DQoKc/Sf9UnK7lh1I/AAAAAAAABrE/tY_A_2_7d3Q/s400/cringe3zt.jpg

Jiroxys7
02-16-2011, 12:23 AM
lmms for music maybe.

I'll give sfxr a shot and I'll look into Imms. I used to have some music program on my computer that I belive was a pay-to-use sorts of deal. I thought it was Audacity but that wasn't it.. It had a silver GuI and a bunch of built-in sounds and mixers. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, and since one of my teachers hooked me and a few other students up with it, I never had a box or anything and I lost it in my Vista install >_<

edit: ah, my google skills prove useful once again!
The program was called Magix Music Maker. I'm guessing Imms is free though. Is it? Or is it one of those trial things?

adam
02-16-2011, 12:32 AM
Yeah, LMMS can do wonders for music production, I know it can make sounds, but wasn't made to make just sound effects.
Found this video on youtube of a song made in LMMS
M6YVsKx_bWc

Jiroxys7
02-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Yeah, LMMS can do wonders for music production, I know it can make sounds, but wasn't made to make just sound effects.
Found this video on youtube of a song made in LMMS

oh it's an L. I thought it was imms =P

from what I'm reading here, it actually sounds promising. It sounds like LMMS is to FL Studio as GIMP is to Photoshop. But I can't try it till I get home.

Soala
02-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Reason 5.0 makes miracles, I'm reading tutorials all day long =)

adam
02-16-2011, 12:48 AM
oh it's an L. I thought it was imms =P

from what I'm reading here, it actually sounds promising. It sounds like LMMS is to FL Studio as GIMP is to Photoshop. But I can't try it till I get home.

Hehe, fonts are silly things, find one where the 'l' doesn't look like 'I'.

Emera
05-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Is what i do is play the drums and the piano/keyboard and then add all the tweaks and effects in with acid music studio from sony. It was only 40.00 and is great software to use for the price. The nearest thing to that, but i don't think its even near the standard of music you can make with acid, is audacity.
Here is the link for Audacity,
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

But, if your more of a sound effects person, you could use, like they said, LMMS. There is also some great software from SONY and Microsoft if you look hard enough. ^_^