PDA

View Full Version : N-Pulse's Rememberance

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Since N-Pulse is UC now and presumed/assumed never to return, I feel it appropriate to make a thread to remember the good days. I believe I will post one gold mine of good times to start it off

I have here the GRCM document or Greatest RC Moments, our funny comments and witty banter towards each other. When we weren't busy with N-Pulse Rebirth back from 2004(Somewhat Unsure on this part of date) to 2010 when it was backburnered then completely abandoned in 2011 or constantly talking about development ideas, we were ripping on each other like crazy, now without further adieu I present this to you all for download.

Since the link to this has been removed by the officials, I will give it to forum members if pmed a request for it and I will provide the link.

Post other times you may recall yourself!
I personally have many but I'm sure you guys out there have one or two moments. I won't tolerate you guys being pricks on this thread so Darlene(Ex-Manager of N-Pulse) can do what she wills to your posts.

R.I.P N-Pulse from Geovanie's run of 1999 to 2011 Matt's run of the server.

darkcloud667
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Damn I miss those days. I'll miss NP, especially with all my friends.

Thanks Flame.

Crono
02-06-2011, 02:12 PM
i showed my friend the server and he went undercover to catch ppl acting up by dressing like a *****

this was like...2001-2002

i think back in 2000 i discovered the playerlist/how to PM on npulse

TheDae
02-06-2011, 03:55 PM
R.I.P N-Pulse although i still hope theres a spark of life left in you.

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Fixed hyperlink BIG WHOOPS GUYS.

TheGodAngelo
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Rip np =(

MattKan
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Lol i played Zheak's quest on N pulse a few weeks ago and it was lots of fun.

knightfire35
02-06-2011, 06:27 PM
RIP N-Pulse, you were always my favorite server. Hopefully this isn't the last we see from N-Pulse.

Cubical
02-06-2011, 06:53 PM
I remember when it went UC.

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Knowing Matt the way I do, I don't think he's going to give up until he's put everything he has into getting N-Pulse back on its feet.

I miss the good old days when SeeD and DK used to do the guild house raids on each other.

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Knowing Matt the way I do, I don't think he's going to give up until he's put everything he has into getting N-Pulse back on its feet.

I agree, but I think Matt has to be also aware of when it's over as well, it'd be more respectful for the server if he just let it go, It's like trying to make a frankenstein out of a hot chick when she's dead. There's nothing to gain from it and we're appalled by the results anyways.

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I agree, but I think Matt is also aware of when it's over as well.

Matt took the server UC in order to focus solely on development and not having to worry about anything else.

MysticX2X
02-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Npulse had no players, what would he have to worry about.

Crono
02-06-2011, 08:20 PM

yeah, it did

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 08:35 PM

N-Pulse may not have had the player count to rival UN, Zod and Era ANYMORE, but there were the loyal players who would still log onto the server.

TheDae
02-06-2011, 09:20 PM
In my opinion loyalty is worth far more than numbers.

Rufus
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I remember this one time I logged on N-Pulse and it replaced my sprites.png. Good times.

Matt
02-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I did request N-Pulse to go UC, i think it's for the best. Our main struggle and prevention from a new N-Pulse was the fact that quite a few did not want to leave old N-Pulse alone. As the current acting Manager, i will make sure NO development will be done to contribute to the old N-Pulse. Every drop of work will be for our future which is new N-Pulse.

In my opinion, i don't think N-Pulse ever evolved into something better since Zodiac was introduced the to Classic list, maybe even a bit before. With that said i still don't think we've been given our fair 2nd chance as a server, because we have yet to accomplish our goals. With this move to UC, i see everything going way more smoothly. I have no intention to let N-Pulse sit and rot.

Geno
02-06-2011, 10:19 PM
was first server i ever played. some kid in my school that went by dark prince zeno or evil prince zeno/zino? introduced me. cool shyt

Darlene159
02-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Was the only server I worked on, and Managed eventually. I'm sad.....
hopefully it will come back as something great....

Unkownsoldier
02-07-2011, 12:04 AM
I miss when MHX and SLK basically made up the entire events staff. I miss the endless CTF events that would last for hours (when n-pulse had an actual steady player count of 40-60) . I miss how almost everyone in the guild restriction was an admin of a job at some point or another. I miss people actually sparring on the server x.x

Sinkler
02-07-2011, 12:10 AM
I am very sorry for your loss.

adam
02-07-2011, 08:24 PM
MattKan, take it from experience, doing something wrong and deleting your own post still gets you banned. It happened to me.

N-Pulse, it was the first place other than classic. So that's why I was there first :p

sage_chaozu
02-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Why don't we remember the different events that N-Pulse had and which ones we liked the most? Hey, It might even help to add in a couple of reasons why you liked certain ones or despised others.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134261975

SolidSnake3184
02-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Rememberance is good and all but why not help create new memories...

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134262047

PowerProNL
02-12-2011, 10:19 AM
N-Pulse, may the best players enter your beautiful server

Knux
02-13-2011, 01:57 AM
One of NPulse's biggest flaws in my opinion, was that they took all the quests out and put the shield and sword and hearts in the main house. I understand that people don't wanna continue doing the same quests over and over, because of resets. But think about all the new players that come on, get everything handed to them, then have nothing to do.. I dunno, if NPulse is ever to be released again, they need to have quests again. Without them it just doesn't work. The noobs come in, get all the stuff, go outside, and then they are surrounded by a bunch of people idling, or a bunch of people that don't want to fight or spar. Of course you're going to have a low playercount when this is how your server is! Everyone quit sparring and PKing on NPulse and that's one of the things that ruined it for me, and many other people that aren't new to the game.

DarkReaper0
02-21-2011, 04:56 AM
Oh, I've been gone a while and it appears npulse has died completely.

Judging by the PC population count it seems graal is alot more empty than it used to be.

But hey, on the bright side the free iphone app is getting attention!

I miss n-pulse from 4 years ago.

Sinkler
03-02-2011, 01:53 AM
In my opinion loyalty is worth far more than numbers.

Numbers are what keeps this game afloat.

Twinny
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I miss n-pulse from 4 years ago.

4 years ago? Try 10 =/

Fulg0reSama
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Numbers are what keeps this game afloat.

Loyalty is what allows this game to stay afloat. ;)

greenday1996
03-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I remember hosting events, working as a lat, abusing my powers. Ahhh good times. I will miss it.

snoop413
03-06-2011, 09:55 AM
i remember when i made a fake screenshot to get insidious jailed. only this was before i became a pro at faking screenshots/videos and i accidentally left colawings account name in it. so then he got banned for 90 days (even though he didn't do anything) and i got banned for 30 days.

Dragonosteel
03-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I remember how fun it was to troll Beedoe, N-Pulse's most beloved GP Chief.
Everyone hated me because for some reason they all liked her and I eventually got banned for life.

A few months later, I got unbanned and talked to an ET named Soren about my antics against Beedoe and he said "lol if you had done that now people would love you, they all hate her now"

lTBSl
03-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Uh this was my first server like 10 years ago when 100-200 people played lolez

-Nas (Sensesfail, Nastynas)

Sp_lit
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
I remember how Cute would ALWAYS lame in level3.nw. Hiding in the water, pausing etc..those were the days!

I believe this was back in 2000-2001?

juztin890
03-13-2011, 11:51 PM
The one and only house I ever built was on Npulse... for a bit.

james544
03-20-2011, 02:10 AM
I remember when I was GP on NPulse. wildmn said he was always busy and wouldn't set my rights for full GP... So I left. It was an alright server. So why did you say RIP if it's going back into development stages?

Fulg0reSama
03-20-2011, 02:17 AM
So why did you say RIP if it's going back into development stages?

Basically because we know what usually and will most likely happen with this server, which other servers have risen to the challenge and failed to persevere through of the situation it is currently in.

tempandrew
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I was like 8 different types of staff there in 3 years, and got fired from all of them from either disappearing or being purposefully abuseful out of boredom.

Then one day I tried to help N-Pulse but then stopped caring.

Hey guys.

Gold1
04-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Sooo.. I would like to say something.
Im in distraught with the fact NPulse is even OFF the server list.
What was an amazing server well basically became of nothing.
All false promises thats it.
5 years later. Their was STILL no progression in the sever
And now its dead.
Im not even getting my hopes up that NPulse will be back because if you think about it.
Everyone was saying "Oh we are still working on it, It should realese in about 2 months. Bleh Bleh.
None of that happened.
So as a loyal olbie and player to NPulse.
Thanks for all the lies guys.

R.I.P. NPulse
Founded by the great Geovanie Legend in 1998 - Ended by the manager Matt in 2011.
Never will the loyal players be forgotten.

Devil_Lord2
04-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Loyalty is what allows this game to stay afloat. ;)

I totally agree, and loyalty is what is keeping Graal afloat, and new *classic servers down.

* edit

I remember how Cute would ALWAYS lame in level3.nw. Hiding in the water, pausing etc..those were the days!

I believe this was back in 2000-2001?

Ugh, I hated N-Pulse, it was only for lamers with pause and slash just like UN, was and I don't know if it still is..

Why did Shaded Legends die??

foxboi
05-06-2011, 07:23 PM
The server could have simply stayed on the Classic tab and fulfilled its promises made to the players at the same time.. I projected this to happen years ago when the first rebirth project release date was missed. No offense at all to Matt, but the last solid hope I had in N-Pulse died when Chang resigned. After that the Manager position has been tossed around to any one of renowned stature still playing on the server.

SlikRick
05-13-2011, 12:19 AM
After that the Manager position has been tossed around to any one of renowned stature still playing on the server.

And the fact that we worked hard and busted our asses for the server had nothing to do with it?

foxboi
05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
The whole reason N-Pulse is in this turmoil and most of it's playercount has been decimated, is the fact that the server has had a dozen deadline dates that have been passed with no success. I give the remaining you and the remaining staff credit for trying to complete the project, but what makes you think that you could complete the project that a FULLY staffed N-Pulse adminstration could not? I can't recognize the project you guys have been striving to complete as PROGRESS because it is simply old news. The worst possible thing N-Pulse could have done was to keep the concept of Rebirth after 2 deadlines have been passed. After that, everybody who wasn't tied to the server through loyalty and such jumped ship right away. The should have dropped everything and expanded on the current server content for the time being (putting players first).

SlikRick
05-14-2011, 07:49 PM
The whole reason N-Pulse is in this turmoil and most of it's playercount has been decimated, is the fact that the server has had a dozen deadline dates that have been passed with no success. I give the remaining you and the remaining staff credit for trying to complete the project, but what makes you think that you could complete the project that a FULLY staffed N-Pulse adminstration could not? I can't recognize the project you guys have been striving to complete as PROGRESS because it is simply old news. The worst possible thing N-Pulse could have done was to keep the concept of Rebirth after 2 deadlines have been passed. After that, everybody who wasn't tied to the server through loyalty and such jumped ship right away. The should have dropped everything and expanded on the current server content for the time being (putting players first).

Which is why after I took over no deadlines were announced to the public, in order to prevent this situation from happening again. And one of the downfalls of the go at Rebirth under Chang's management was the fact that plans kept changing, and he kept everyone in the dark on the full concept of the server due to paranoia. So it does not matter how many staff members you have when nobody has a full picture of what needs to be done, and they are constantly having to change everything around to meeting the new plans.

Switch
06-14-2011, 01:20 AM
Which is why after I took over no deadlines were announced to the public, in order to prevent this situation from happening again. And one of the downfalls of the go at Rebirth under Chang's management was the fact that plans kept changing, and he kept everyone in the dark on the full concept of the server due to paranoia. So it does not matter how many staff members you have when nobody has a full picture of what needs to be done, and they are constantly having to change everything around to meeting the new plans.

Honestly it was fun working on it. While it's true that Chang did make it hard to work, it was a learning experience. He at least had meetings with everyone, which I liked, but those never really got far. If people had more Chang-style management when creating a new server (without all the secrets) I'm sure more would get done.

Fulg0reSama
06-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Honestly it was fun working on it. While it's true that Chang did make it hard to work, it was a learning experience. He at least had meetings with everyone, which I liked, but those never really got far. If people had more Chang-style management when creating a new server (without all the secrets) I'm sure more would get done.

I agree highly with this.

@SlikRick, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the same.

patrickp2p
06-21-2011, 03:08 AM
I remember when I was E.T. on npulse (Under the name of Laren) for about a week (Which I sucked at being an ET).. I miss Twinniez (Sorry if mispelled). darlene, jadynx and everyone. I remember when Jadynx let me edit her heads and unlocked hers for me. ^_^;; Npulse was awesome and now I have U.N. the closest thing to it, although to me Npulse is more favored. Also, the staff were all very very nice and not corrupt/abusing powers as other servers do sometimes. I hope Matt can bring back Npulse and all it's wonderfullness. :I I miss the rooms you could buy.

OasaTor_PK
06-23-2011, 03:45 AM
i remember i played a girl on npulse and picked up dudes.
I was like 9.

Geno
06-23-2011, 05:54 AM
i remember i played a girl on npulse and picked up dudes.
I was like 9.

me-ow