PDA

View Full Version : Before I go to bed

DustyPorViva
01-12-2011, 10:10 AM
I thought I'd go ahead and post this. The idea was, "What would Graal look like if the art style was more... RPGish." So I took the basic premise of the pics1 house(classic) and started drawing it out into a more RPGish design.

http://i.imgur.com/uAGlW.png

oo_jazz_oo
01-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Graal is already enough like Final Fantasy.

(I really like these tiles tho ^_^)

Luda
01-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Looks great, you should turn my farm scene drawing into tiles since i'm lazy :P

Dumdumdidi
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
really nice style. would be great to see the tiles in game.

Elk
01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Looks pretty cool Dusty :)!

RegretZ
01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Dang my computer and it's inability to open imageshack or photobucket. x_x

Never mind.
It looks awesome!

Crono
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Lookin hot.

Graal is already enough like Final Fantasy.

No it isn't.

Dnegel
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow, it looks so clean and fresh, make more!

Make a server with it too! :D

Cloven
01-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Nice work. :)

smirt362
01-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Very nice sir, can't wait to see it finished.

01-12-2011, 06:56 PM
I've always liked your stuff, Dusty, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this uploaded to iPhone within a few days. (Unfortunately.)

Luda
01-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Wouldn't it be illegal if they just took it from here without permission? This forum section description says "Graal style or YOUR style"

Ok, maybe not illegal but it would just be unprofessional.

Fulg0reSama
01-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Wouldn't it be illegal if they just took it from here without permission? This forum section description says "Graal style or YOUR style"

Ok, maybe not illegal but it would just be unprofessional.

For graal it's simply If it's not copyrighted then it's ours. They don't have the professional dignity to give a damn.

DustyPorViva
01-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I've heard from some people that the "what you upload is ours for whatever we please" holds no legal ground.

Demisis_P2P
01-14-2011, 08:09 AM
I've heard from some people that the "what you upload is ours for whatever we please" holds no legal ground.

Especially when you're uploading it to the forums and not to Graals ftp servers.

Elk
01-14-2011, 08:53 AM

I think the ToS of Graal are outdated...I wish it was like you're saying

DustyPorViva
01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
I think the ToS of Graal are outdated...I wish it was like you're saying

If it isn't here: http://www.graalonline.com/docs/agreement then it doesn't apply. They can't just say "Oh well we changed the ToS, and didn't tell anyone, and in fact didn't even have it obtainable!"

Not to mention ToS does not give companies the right to do whatever the hell they want. There are quite a few court decisions that have overruled ToS'.

cbk1994
01-14-2011, 12:43 PM
For graal it's simply If it's not copyrighted then it's ours. They don't have the professional dignity to give a damn.
Everything you make is copyrighted by default. You don't have to "register" personal copyrights.

Someone told me they removed that from the ToS. I haven't been able to find it, either :p (edit: didn't see your later post)

Elk
01-14-2011, 02:51 PM
If it isn't here: http://www.graalonline.com/docs/agreement then it doesn't apply. They can't just say "Oh well we changed the ToS, and didn't tell anyone, and in fact didn't even have it obtainable!"

Not to mention ToS does not give companies the right to do whatever the hell they want. There are quite a few court decisions that have overruled ToS'.

User Information. Former Users. Users whose accounts have been terminated by any Graal Online administrator or LINUX Cyberjoueurs himself may not access the Graal Online system in any manner or for any reason without the express written permission of Cyberjoueur.

Loophole... :) there is no "Cyberjoueur" so you can ban-evade.

Fulg0reSama
01-14-2011, 03:40 PM
Loophole... :) there is no "Cyberjoueur" so you can ban-evade.

Careful, They may suddenly email and make a Change to their stuff and be like *lolban*

Rufus
01-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Looks good so far. Not a fan of that wood style, though you probably already know that. It always seems like it lacks contrast.

Draenin
01-16-2011, 02:53 AM
Still wish you'd just man up and make a complete revision of pics1.png. :p

Knux
01-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Very nice job Dusty. Now finish the entire tileset and send me a copy for my Graal! If Graal ever comes back :(

Loriel
01-17-2011, 03:54 PM

I would rather have it that way (i.e. uploading a thing for use on a playerworld gives Graal a license to use it however they please) then have a ****fest every time someone loses interest and goes around demanding all their stuff is taken offline.

I mean it might not have legal weight but it is not like anyone is going to bring it to court anyway and I would rather just keep telling people to shut up about their dumb copyrights.