PDA

View Full Version : Management Change

Matt
01-12-2011, 12:49 AM
As some of you may know, we at N-Pulse have been experiencing some shifts in management. Our manager SlikRick quit, along with Dev Admin Akomplice and Events Chief Flamerus. Tig has appointed me as acting manager, and i promoted Daisuke Tornova to Co-Manager, while Ogodei is now the new Non-Dev Server Admin.

Development plans for new N-Pulse will be continued, nothing has changed with all this. Once we have a little bit more to 'show off', i'll be announcing our official development plans in a hiring thread.

If anyone has questions or concerns please keep them civil and post reply here.

RegretZ
01-12-2011, 01:11 AM
Once again, congratulations. :)

LordSquirt
01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Was there any reason why these people quit?

RegretZ
01-12-2011, 01:31 AM

I talked to Slikrick, he said personal reasons, no need to push farther than that.

Fulg0reSama
01-12-2011, 01:43 AM

I'll answer the questions if only Matt is alright with it in PMs.

SlikRick
01-12-2011, 01:59 AM

I quit because I have a lot going on IRL right now, and didn't need the added stress from managing a playerworld anymore.

LordSquirt
01-12-2011, 02:17 AM
I quit because I have a lot going on IRL right now, and didn't need the added stress from managing a playerworld anymore.

It's sad to see you go but I understand :)

Darlene159
01-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Been there, done that....certainly understand it.

Congrats Matt :)

Deas_Voice
01-12-2011, 10:19 AM
whats the reason for the other people quitting?

congrats matt

Fulg0reSama
01-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Similar reasons as Rick but in different triggers, same environment.

SlikRick
01-12-2011, 08:23 PM
whats the reason for the other people quitting?

congrats matt

Akomplice left because I did. He had stayed on N-Pulse for so long because of me, and we knew that if/when I left he would be leaving as well.

Similar reasons as Rick but in different triggers, same environment.

Me and Flame bumped heads a few days prior and it got more heated then it should have. This was one of the triggers that showed me that the stress was getting to me more then I had realized.

Bell
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Me and Flame bumped heads a few days prior and it got more heated then it should have. This was one of the triggers that showed me that the stress was getting to me more then I had realized.

Sometimes it takes one of those triggers to wake you up to the realization. I'm sure everyone is appreciative for what you had got done so far.

Congratulations Matt and best of luck to you.

SlikRick
01-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Sometimes it takes one of those triggers to wake you up to the realization.

Unfortunately this is true, but I am glad it happened before more damage would have been done. It was starting to get to the point where I dreaded logging onto Graal, but now I am at the point where I enjoy it again and actually get to be a player again.

Crono
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
gl matt. hope you don't desperately try to run away from negative opinions.

xXziroXx
01-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Good luck Matt, hopefully you won't get stressed out like your predecessor!

SlikRick
01-12-2011, 09:08 PM
O look the trolls came out to play.

xXziroXx
01-12-2011, 09:16 PM

Depends how you look at it. Personally I was just congratulating an old "friend" on his new position.

Crono
01-12-2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah, I'm such a troll. :asleep:

xAndrewx
01-12-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm going to sound a ****-but Npulse had 10 players max o_o

Switch
01-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Surprise!
Good luck with the baby and everything, Slik.

Fulg0reSama
01-13-2011, 01:14 AM
you're not fooling anyone N-Pulse, ppl (sans people who just want to be staff on classic server) just don't like u anymore.

I'm going to sound a ****-but Npulse had 10 players max o_o

Both of you are entitled to your opinions of course (Even If recent history provides them to be true.) But we did have a good history, at least try to respect that. It's like me saying Era and Zodiac both are ****ty servers "bcuz that one time they really sucked and Ive hated it since." when I know both have had their good times.

fowlplay4
01-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Both of you are entitled to your opinions of course (Even If recent history provides them to be true.) But we did have a good history, at least try to respect that. It's like me saying Era and Zodiac both are ****ty servers "bcuz that one time they really sucked and Ive hated it since." when I know both have had their good times.

thats why I added the.. "anymore"

Fulg0reSama
01-13-2011, 01:32 AM
thats why I added the.. "anymore"

Still an unnecessary comment, no?

fowlplay4
01-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Still an unnecessary comment, no?

Well I wasn't going to but that "trolls come out" post really encouraged me to dump a post off.

alskdjfhg
01-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Sometimes when I watch The Office I think of N-Pulse. And each manager has this "Michael Scott" style to them :) so cute!

Geno
01-13-2011, 07:57 AM
N-Pulse was my first server to ever play on. when was it originally released like 2000? anyways I remember it being pretty popular back when. but yeah...good luck reviving the dead :o

Darlene159
01-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Good luck Matt, hopefully you won't get stressed out by managing a ~6 player playerworld like your predecessor!Kind of unfair, since it is not only N-Pulse, it's Graal in its entirety. N-Pulse was very popular back in the day, and remained that way for a long time, just like UN, and Classic.

xXziroXx
01-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Kind of unfair, since it is not only N-Pulse, it's Graal in its entirety. N-Pulse was very popular back in the day, and remained that way for a long time, just like UN, and Classic.

I wasn't beating down on N-Pulse as a server, sorry if I made it seem that way. It used to be a pretty darn cool server that I always liked but never got a chance to play. Only thing I'm guilty of is questioning how you can possibly get burnt out managing a server with minimal playercount.

Bell
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Its pretty easy to get burnt out on the frustration factor alone. You try your hardest to get fixes and development done to attract new players again but it seems like you're swimming against the current.

As a manager you also feel like you should be there nonstop to make everyone happy and its impossible to do, especially if you're having issues in real life as well.

SlikRick
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Its pretty easy to get burnt out on the frustration factor alone. You try your hardest to get fixes and development done to attract new players again but it seems like you're swimming against the current.

As a manager you also feel like you should be there nonstop to make everyone happy and its impossible to do, especially if you're having issues in real life as well.

^This right here. Then you add the factor of having to deal with all the drama from the staff, players, and Graal community. If I wanna deal with drama I'll call my baby's mama.

Darlene159
01-14-2011, 01:07 AM
I wasn't beating down on N-Pulse as a server, sorry if I made it seem that way. It used to be a pretty darn cool server that I always liked but never got a chance to play. Only thing I'm guilty of is questioning how you can possibly get burnt out managing a server with minimal playercount.I dont know about anyone else, but when I was Manager, most of my stress came from staff

RegretZ
01-14-2011, 02:17 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but when I was Manager, most of my stress came from staff

You were manager?

SlikRick
01-14-2011, 02:38 AM
You were manager?

She was Manager on N-Pulse for a very long time.

Fulg0reSama
01-14-2011, 03:02 AM
In a team there is almost usually always someone who won't see eye to eye, which can not only be a powerful tool of diversity towards development but also the upbringing of developments end.

RegretZ
01-14-2011, 03:07 AM
almost usually always

Lol wtf? XD

Fulg0reSama
01-14-2011, 03:11 AM
Yep, I made a grammar mistake and sense of uncertainty. What you gonna do about it?

RegretZ
01-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Yep, I made a grammar mistake and sense of uncertainty. What you gonna do about it?

YOU made a GRAMMAR mistake? *gasp*
:megaeek:
I'm gonna...um...uh...not do anything about it. Yeah. TAKE THAT.

alskdjfhg
01-14-2011, 04:56 AM

I'd love to see what SlikRick and his "team" got done on N-Pulse or any of the managers before him recently over the past 2-3 years

scriptless
01-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Moonie .. I miss when you where manager.. :( im sad you left..

darkcloud667
01-15-2011, 02:53 AM
I'd love to see what SlikRick and his "team" got done on N-Pulse or any of the managers before him recently over the past 2-3 years

You'd be surprised.

Unkownsoldier
01-15-2011, 05:11 AM

More than you think good sir. They went from a simple level to level system and upgraded to a GMAP, released mining, capes, dolls, pets, and plenty of new events. There is much more but my memory is fading. Honestly, for the past few weeks N-Pulse would average 30 players a night (usually Thursdays-Sundays) when events were hosted, and during tournaments which I hosted the player count regularly got up to 50-60. So, N-Pulse has gotten quite a lot done, even if its hard to measure.

SlikRick
01-15-2011, 09:17 AM

During Chang's Management we were working on Project: Rebirth, as well as Kay's short stint as Manager. We also worked on it for a bit during my time as Manager but we gave it a time frame to be prepared for beta testing, and it was not met so we went back to the drawing board. We were going to work on updating an older version of N-Pulse, which had been requested by a lot of players. We ran into substantial problems with this, mostly with updating the scripts to GS2 as well as converting the levels. After that we went back to the drawing board again and Karassu (ryo1234456) came up with a great idea and we spent a substantial amount of time on perfecting the idea and working out all the details out, from the major details down to the minor. This is the project that was being worked on when I left, and I am very happy to say that it is still being worked on to this day.

For a portion of my Management of N-Pulse was spent doing trial and error, but in doing that I was working on what I believed, as well as my staff, thought was best for the server. I know there are going to be the haters, like follows every Manager of a Graal server, that will say I did nothing but waste time and got nothing accomplished, but with doing things the way I did I believe we found the best direction in which the server should move. I apologize for the WOT but figured I should explain in the best detail I could without going into very specific details.

Like I said I am expect to get hit by the people in the community that like to just flat out disrespect people, or have no idea of what it is like to run/revive a dying server, but to them all I have to say is if you haven't dealt with what I, as well as past Management, have dealt with on N-Pulse you have no room to talk. You can act like you are high and mighty, but in actuality you have no idea what it is like to be in the shoes of an N-Pulse Manager. Also I will not be replying to the troll posts that will follow this, but I will still reply to the serious posts as I see fit to.

darkcloud667
01-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Ya. It was all fun and games when I was server admin. Now I get bombarded with PMs all the time asking "are you hiring" or "how do i do this." It is harder than some people think, even with a smaller playercount. There's also the organization of the projects that you have to deal with, and I've been continuing on the comment sections slik made and such, its just a ****load to deal with, especially when you have a boatload of **** to get done IRL.

Slik you picked a bad time to quit for me. :[

SlikRick
01-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Slik you picked a bad time to quit for me. :[

Sorry it was inconvenient for you but you'll make it through ;)

xXziroXx
01-15-2011, 04:27 PM
N-Pulse would average 30 players a night (usually Thursdays-Sundays) when events were hosted, and during tournaments which I hosted the player count regularly got up to 50-60.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to single out N-Pulse since this is something I've said for years, if a server relies on events of any kind to keep any amount of players, it's doomed to fail.

Until you can support that amount of players with regular content, you shouldn't be using it as a measurement.

RegretZ
01-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Here's a good idea!

1) Go iPhone
2) Hire lot's of gp's
3) Don't hire developers
4) Release lots of hats
5) Release more hats
6) Profit!

Crono
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
profit for graal not u, ya

RegretZ
01-15-2011, 05:37 PM
profit for graal not u, ya

True.
At least they'd get more than 10-30 players that way though.

Matt
01-15-2011, 09:52 PM
I dont know about anyone else, but when I was Manager, most of my stress came from staff

Soo soo true.

Personally i know the structure within our staff needs to be bumped. From when i first started on N-Pulse i saw changes that needed to be made. A lot of these changes were made thanks to SlikRick fyi. Now we have no crazy far fetched plans that don't even amount to the resources we have. I can see a realistic future for us now.

Darlene159
01-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Soo soo true.

Personally i know the structure within our staff needs to be bumped. From when i first started on N-Pulse i saw changes that needed to be made. A lot of these changes were made thanks to SlikRick fyi. Now we have no crazy far fetched plans that don't even amount to the resources we have. I can see a realistic future for us now.I wish you much luck :)

MattKan
01-16-2011, 09:43 AM
I just wanted to say that I logged on and played (Zheak, I think?)'s quest and it was rather fun. I liked how instead of being like a Zelda game, the little NPCs knew that they were on an online server, and the humor in it was kinda funny. :) I also liked the different episodes format, and when I log back on sometime I'll go back to the episodes and search for the keys.

Make some more cool quests like that, and you have got me hooked! :)

And good luck Matt!

sage_chaozu
01-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Aside from all of the sarcastic remarks and comments to this, I see that progress will continue as planned. Are there any developers left working on this or will there be some type of hiring going on? I've been looking around at different servers and noticed there haven't been many scripters online. I caught one LAT online that seemed confused. Did graal kill all of the NATs while I was away?

[I hope this is on topic]

darkcloud667
01-27-2011, 01:12 AM
You see correctly. Although it is a little bit slower than we had hoped, due to a small amount of developers, we do have forward momentum.

We have 2 NAT's at the moment. We could use more developers, but in the current state of things, not many people are interested in giving N-Pulse a shot.

sage_chaozu
01-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I'd like to give it a shot. I was considering Era because some of my friends were there but the players are pretty darn stupid. I see N-pulse as a place to restart things. Let me know when applications are available.

SlikRick
01-27-2011, 08:28 AM
I'd like to give it a shot. I was considering Era because some of my friends were there but the players are pretty darn stupid. I see N-pulse as a place to restart things. Let me know when applications are available.

Applications are down on the N-Pulse forums for right now until Matt can find a suitable replacement that won't have has many issues. However, all the staff applications are in a folder on N-Pulse that any of the Chiefs, Admins or Managers can give you. Unless they were moved since I put them there a few weeks ago.

sage_chaozu
01-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Applications are down on the N-Pulse forums for right now until Matt can find a suitable replacement that won't have has many issues. However, all the staff applications are in a folder on N-Pulse that any of the Chiefs, Admins or Managers can give you. Unless they were moved since I put them there a few weeks ago.

Hopefully I can get a hold of staff on N-pulse. Whenever I log on, there is either 1 or 2 people. If I'm lucky to find staff it's usually Events/Player Relations who know little about anything.

SlikRick
01-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Hopefully I can get a hold of staff on N-pulse. Whenever I log on, there is either 1 or 2 people. If I'm lucky to find staff it's usually Events/Player Relations who know little about anything.

I found a copy of the application, and if you wish I can send it to you via forum PM. Though you will have to double check with somebody about where to email it because I'm not sure if the email address provided in it is still being used.

sage_chaozu
01-27-2011, 07:55 PM
I found a copy of the application, and if you wish I can send it to you via forum PM. Though you will have to double check with somebody about where to email it because I'm not sure if the email address provided in it is still being used.

Sounds good. Send it through forum PM and I'll take a look at it. I'll just bug the NPC server until staff gets online for me to submit it.

darkcloud667
01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
what time do you usually get online, i'm on at around 2 30 PST. i haven't seen you on once xD

sage_chaozu
01-28-2011, 07:09 PM
what time do you usually get online, i'm on at around 2 30 PST. i haven't seen you on once xD

I'm using on after 5:00 PM EST since I work from 8:00AM-3:00PM (sometimes 5:00PM). I worked a bit on the script and had a problem with enumerating some array lists because the documentation was off. It was hilarious because it said it gave an index for param 3 but it was actually 2 XD.

Matt
02-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Sorry for my inactivity, everyone. I will be active again as of this coming Thursday. It's been a very hectic month for me but i plan to get N-Pulse back on track a.s.a.p. Contact a staff member in-game if you have any questions, concerns, or requests.

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Okay, let me just log on, OH! wait.... N-Pulse isn't on the classic list anymore...^^

That was Matt's decision, not the PWA.

sage_chaozu
02-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Okay, let me just log on, OH! wait.... N-Pulse isn't on the classic list anymore...^^

I'm guessing you guys should probably just play another server until further notice. There is a lot of work to do but I have no clue what it is.

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 04:27 AM
I'm guessing you guys should probably just play another server until further notice. There is a lot of work to do but I have no clue what it is.

He was trying to troll and failed miserably at it.

sage_chaozu
02-06-2011, 04:42 AM
He was trying to troll and failed miserably at it.

No, I'm actually being quite serious. Daisuke and I were at a standstill because we're not sure where a certain piece is. Just waiting for Matt so we can get some clarification.

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Was referring to the kid you quoted.

MysticX2X
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Finally this **** goes down

darkcloud667
02-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Back off of Slik. He did a damn good job. He did plenty on N-Pulse. Now drop it.

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
You do know I logged on N-Pulse to check for updates right? Boom roasted.

Not sure what the point of this statement was.. It seems rather out of the bottom of the barrel.
But regardless, lay off. N-Pulse shouldn't be kicked on its time of rest. It's majorly disrespectful and I don't think people from N-Pulse should have to tolerate it.

darkcloud667
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
You do know that some of the updates have yet to be (or will probably never be) released right? Slik had a whole new thing planned up and leveled out already. But we couldn't get enough scripters or GFX to help out and work on it.

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 01:45 PM
The real people of N-Pulse have moved on, the rest that are left over are the scrub/noobs like yourself whom are just as incapable of getting any work done despite having high hours. You should be ashamed of yourself, it's basically your fault along with SlikRick that N-Pulse may never comeback.

I admit to that. That's why I'm leaving it as it is to show what respect I can. How about trying the same? I did what work I could; that's all can be asked and your holier than thou attitude about it only makes you look like a giant hypocrite because I'm fairly certain the only thing you've done is back talked and criticized it over the years, never lent a hand in its time of need so really you have no right to say ****. Instead of holding yourself in a higher light, how about admitting you're just as to fault for it rather then pretending you have something I didn't in the hand of N-Pulse's fate and if anything I'm ashamed of your piss poor attitude for it's a disgrace.

darkcloud667
02-06-2011, 01:49 PM
i admit to that. That's why i'm leaving it as it is to show what respect i can. How about trying the same? I did what work i could; that's all can be asked and your holier than thou attitude about it only makes you look like a giant hypocrite because i'm fairly certain the only thing you've done is back talked and criticized it over the years, never lent a hand in its time of need so really you have no right to say ****. Instead of holding yourself in a higher light, how about admitting you're just as to fault for it rather then pretending you have something i didn't in the hand of n-pulse's fate.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Fulg0reSama
02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
The easiest thing you guys could have done was hand it down to someone who actually knew how to get anything done. It made be hard to find anyone who cares about N-Pulse after it's years of butchering from *****s like yourself though. But yeah, let's just forget about N-Pulse now :D

That's just it; with the attitude like you hold right now being overwhelming, only being kicked while we were down. No one, not a soul would actually do anything and anyone who tried only got repelled by the lack of help and many issues. But yes thank you for dropping this arguement because I don't want to see this get any worse, Requesting a close on this thread for the sake of everyone involved + respect towards N-Pulse's past.

@ your latest sham of a post, You realize those who stuck around were those who actually were sympathetic and capable of caring enough to assist, Right? But to add more reinforcement to my fact; Anyone who has the ability to be respectful can agree with me if this situation is twisted in any way to where they too would care.

darkcloud667
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
This goes for everyone who held any position on N-Pulse and idled for hours on end, you do realize that?

You do realize that I did more than that, right?
Why's everyone seem to think that. Just because I wasn't moving doesn't mean I wasn't doing anything, you really shouldn't comment on things you don't know about.

Crono
02-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I request the N-Pulse section be deleted. The N-Pulse people can create their own forums on a different site for their little clique. Just like Deltrashia.

proper case of sand in ***?

Crono
02-06-2011, 02:09 PM
just in the mood! <3

[:!!

sage_chaozu
02-06-2011, 06:57 PM
Why are we spending so much time talking about what's wrong and who did what? Shouldn't we spend more time on reconstructing the server? I'm not sure what the server should be made into to please both old and new comers but I'm sure arguing/complaining is not helping.

Personally I was thinking of turning N-pulse into an Events/Sparring server and then building off of that. It would be a really neat idea if done right. I pick those two subjects to start with because I've seen a lot of people just come on N-Pulse lately for sparring and events. I miss the old days with our broke quests for hearts. You guys remember the hookshot and the glitches. Ack, I'm rambling now >_>

SlikRick
02-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Those who can't do anything are critics

Thread Closed.

Matt
02-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Re-opened, i can handle the trolls. I appreciate the good comments though everyone.