PDA

View Full Version : Hack.

racycle
01-07-2011, 01:59 PM
~~Hack~~

Well it has been awhile scene I have posted anything. So here is a little concept idea I have had in my head for the day keeping me from sleeping lol. Surely this is just ideas, I do not have any mock-up images or anything yet. However I will be sure to post some as soon as I can.

Hack is merely a server idea, nothing more, nothing less. The objective is to challenge the player all wile helping him learn a few things about "GS2" scripting in a fun way. Seeing as how Graal is lacking in this general field of development. Hack is suppose to have a mere "Tron" feel to it, with the neon colors , neat little light effects and all of that good batch of stuff. The goal of the server is to find new ways to hack your graal to advance to the next level. Each level will have a set terminal where you have to figure out how to get past the riddle/objective/puzzle. Of course each level will be harder and more complex then the next.

Lets say the object for one of the levels is to get across a long platform, but trying to just do it, the platform falls before you and u have to restart due that the simple fact that you don't move fast enough. There will be a terminal that when accessed will display parts of the servers movement system. You will have to find and edit the variables that control your movement speed in order to get across the level. Surely all changes will be temporary and will revert back to the defaults of the systems after each level.

When outside of the levels in the "lobby" everything that you learn from each level will be able to be used. I haven't finished this completely but I am sure that some forum of PvP could be implemented into this. For example maybe a timed process for editing a opponents heath or something could be done.

I don't know yet , I'm still thinking about this as I go. Feel free to give any forum of constructive criticism that you like. Good or bad , I will still end up reading it lol.

Oh and mock-up pictures are on there way!

-Killa Be

racycle
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
OK here are some rather simple examples , sorry I don't feel like putting a lot of work into the visuals at the moment :P. First pic is of a basic room , nothing fantastic. Second is a HLT "Hack Link Terminal" , pretty much the menu for editing systems to get past the problems you face.

xXziroXx
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Tron sucked the first time around, can't see why you'd want to base a server on it.

racycle
01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Its not that based on tron , its more of putting learning gs2 into a series of games and puzzles ,tron just so happens to have the theme i like for this topic

RegretZ
01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
This is great.
Tron was awesome, but that's not what he's going for, it's just a side theme, I can understand that.
But a whole server based on learning scripting is what he's trying to say I think, and that would be amazingly helpful. We need more scripters here in Graal, and by making it both fun and educational at the same time he can really boost interest. I say great idea racycle, I'll play it. :)

cbk1994
01-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Good luck making it...

racycle
01-07-2011, 11:44 PM
I have no interest of finishing this , or even starting it lol , it was just a idea i had :P. Sure it would be fun and helpful to newcomers. The amount of scripting work it would take just is not reasonable for anyone haha.

Fulg0reSama
01-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Basically a testbed server but minus the testing of scripts and more like a interactive game tutorial server. Interesting.

Soala
01-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Once again something that will never happen.
I'd rather see the Wiki completed.

racycle
01-08-2011, 12:39 AM
please take your negative vibes outside of my topics. This is a General idea that hopefully everyone can branch off for the greater good of development. To inspire or merely give people a wider range of possible ways of learning and bettering themselves along with others.

01-08-2011, 04:27 AM
I like this idea, remotely.

DemonSpawnn
01-08-2011, 04:33 AM
I like the idea, however I cannot see it as its own server...

RegretZ
01-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I have no interest of finishing this , or even starting it lol , it was just a idea i had :P. Sure it would be fun and helpful to newcomers. The amount of scripting work it would take just is not reasonable for anyone haha.

:cry:

zenthor
01-08-2011, 08:46 AM
this would be pretty cool and I'd deffinetly give it a go if it ever comes

Knux
01-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Good idea, but honestly I see it as an event rather than a server based entirely on that.

RegretZ
01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs785.ash1/167545_145072855549534_100001404615639_279503_5939 650_n.jpg