PDA

View Full Version : iPhone classic - Originality

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm begining to think that much of Classic iPhone's ideas aren't original. To be honest, the only original thing I've seen are graphics (Player and staff made) and the guild forts. Just last night, i was playing on UN, when I noticed an iPhone LAT was online. I figured that it was strange, so I went to investigate.
they were in the PK Center, just inthe water. I thought nothing o fit at the time, it seemed normal today. Until today, with the release of the Classic iPhone PK Arena. Now i'm wondering- what else from classic iPhone isn't entirely original? Anyone have a clue? I have a picture of the LAT in the UN PK Arena if anyone wants to see it ...

~~

DemonSpawnn
12-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Uhm, just about everything? :blush:

O, accept the idea of no substance, that was their original idea.

Seeya
12-31-2010, 09:20 PM
It's the first server released on an iPhone platform, that's pretty original.

ffcmike
12-31-2010, 09:28 PM
So you have tonnes of ripped random NPCs, chat commands, hats and other types of player graphics plus the general tiling style from Unholy Nation, pets and a guild setup which I believe is from Zodiac, Npulse's chat bubble display, a tileset which is a mix of pics1.png + Graal New World + Dusty's free tiles because Stefan didn't want people saying that Graal is a Zelda ripoff, mine cart from 2k1 if I'm not mistaken.....
why does it have to be called Classic again?

It's the first server released on an iPhone platform, that's pretty original.
Then why not just call it "Graal Original iPhone"?
Can't really argue with that.

RegretZ
12-31-2010, 09:35 PM
So you have tonnes of ripped random NPCs, chat commands, hats and other types of player graphics plus the general tiling style from Unholy Nation, pets and a guild setup which I believe is from Zodiac, Npulse's chat bubble display, a tileset which is a mix of pics1.png + Graal New World + Dusty's free tiles because Stefan didn't want people saying that Graal is a Zelda ripoff, mine cart from 2k1 if I'm not mistaken.....

Me and Thor have been talking about this a bit...:rolleyes:

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 09:37 PM
I should have just asked you in the first place Thor XD
And actually, there arn't even literall pets, just transformations, which I've seen everywhere. I was just making sure though. Now I'm kinda hoping this doesn't turn into a spam of "Classic iPhone sucks"

ffcmike
12-31-2010, 09:44 PM
I should have just asked you in the first place Thor XD
And actually, there arn't even literall pets, just transformations, which I've seen everywhere. I was just making sure though. Now I'm kinda hoping this doesn't turn into a spam of "Classic iPhone sucks"

To be fair "Morphs" are actually something consistent with Classic, it's just that the implementation of them is mostly done in a completely different style, while I wouldn't have expected the server to ever significantly revolve around Questing I wouldn't have expected it to revolve to such a large extent around shop items either.

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
Most people are angry about the quests(Or lack there-of). i'm perfectly fine with none, but there was a promise of SOME quests, and the only quest so far is one when you wander through a forest to gain a transformation...

ffcmike
12-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Most people are angry about the quests(Or lack there-of). i'm perfectly fine with none, but there was a promise of SOME quests, and the only quest so far is one when you wander through a forest to gain a transformation...

The Rat Form happens to be one of the extremely rare exceptions in that it is on similar lines to Classic, albeit very basic.
While it served a different purpose that very same tree maze existed in the past, the Rat Form was also obtained in a similar tree maze on Nimda Island, big differences being that you had to obtain a map in order to reveal the correct path (inwhich there were actually 3 different alternative objectives a path existed for including an entirely separate Quest), there were leaf soldier baddies spawning within each level and you had to fight a boss.

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 10:47 PM
So iPhone kinda holds true to it's name there I suppose. Anddd you just blew my mind. There is a rumor on iPhone about "Admin Island" but people call it "Nimda" (Admin Backwards)

It kinda tickles me that there really is a Nimda Island XD

RegretZ
12-31-2010, 10:49 PM
So iPhone kinda holds true to it's name there I suppose. Anddd you just blew my mind. There is a rumor on iPhone about "Admin Island" but people call it "Nimda" (Admin Backwards)

It kinda tickles me that there really is a Nimda Island XD

Did you notice the river is called, "Nafets river"?
Spell it backwards. Not the river part.

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 10:52 PM
I know :p

RegretZ
12-31-2010, 11:01 PM
And look at snowtown.
Everyone can see that snowtown backwards spells Xor.
Duh.
XD

MattKan
12-31-2010, 11:03 PM
I heard there was a new town coming out called Nakttam. I wonder where they got inspiration for that name?

RegretZ
12-31-2010, 11:06 PM
I heard there was a new town coming out called Nakttam. I wonder where they got inspiration for that name?

Did anyone notice that town off to the side?
Learza and Yllebylle town?

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 11:07 PM
Xd

MattKan
12-31-2010, 11:09 PM
As far as the original point of this thread goes...

Classic iPhone exists to earn money. And it is easy to do that by simply taking things from all the current Graal servers. If effort was actually put forth, Classic iPhone would be epic, but would it really earn more money? Actually, I think that if there were better things to do than buy hats, Classic iPhone would make less money. So does not developing anything actually help create economical success?

In other words, Graal is a mess.

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 11:15 PM
As far as the original point of this thread goes...

Classic iPhone exists to earn money. And it is easy to do that by simply taking things from all the current Graal servers. If effort was actually put forth, Classic iPhone would be epic, but would it really earn more money? Actually, I think that if there were better things to do than buy hats, Classic iPhone would make less money. So does not developing anything actually help create economical success?

In other words, Graal is a mess.

teehee
It's funny 'cause it's true

RegretZ
12-31-2010, 11:32 PM
....*drools* Huh, what? Oh...ya what he said.

Twilikari
12-31-2010, 11:47 PM
So basically, Classic iPhone has some of Classic's map, with a mix match of different tilesets, ORIGINAL Towers(Kinda like gang bases though), and nothing too original...

Clockwork
01-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Who said it was original? You're all sitting here arguing a for a point you agree on, and no one really objects to. Why are we talking about this again? o.O

iFuzzy
01-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Who said it was original? You're all sitting here arguing a for a point you agree on, and no one really objects to. Why are we talking about this again? o.O

They feel cool. :cool:

thepimp
01-01-2011, 05:31 AM
I SAY ITS ORIGINAL. ok now continue your arguing its fun to read.:cool:

iFuzzy
01-01-2011, 06:05 AM
I SAY ITS ORIGINAL. ok now continue your arguing its fun to read.:cool:

Ohoo, you must even be cooler!

No one needs your answer as you clearly work there as a simple GP to back up the argument. Your posts are actually funny to read too. Especially your levels :D

Crono
01-01-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm begining to think that much of Classic iPhone's ideas aren't original.

NO REALLY?caps

MattKan
01-01-2011, 08:06 AM
NO REALLY?caps

I think that a more adequate response would have been "Now you understand!", because does it really come as a surprise he is just now realizing this?

fowlplay4
01-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Big deal thread wanna fight about it?

Twilikari
01-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Now I'm just kinda going with this 'cause it's funny, and entertainng...

Geno
01-02-2011, 11:41 PM
anything ever uploaded to a graal server becomes property of the company that created graal. therefore they can take whatever they want from whatever content they have in their grasps (every server made for the past 10 years) and use it.

so if you see your tree graphic being used without your permission U KNO WATS UP BRA

Fulg0reSama
01-03-2011, 04:22 AM
I proclaim Classic iPhone be renamed to Graal iPhone - Classic ..?

ffcmike
01-03-2011, 04:26 AM
I proclaim Classic iPhone be renamed to Graal iPhone - Classic ..?

What about "Graal iPhone - Original"?

Fulg0reSama
01-03-2011, 04:30 AM
What about "Graal iPhone - Original"?

Probably a better end name but ya basically what im going for.

iPhone Classic seems kinda meh.

thepimp
01-03-2011, 04:52 AM
Ohoo, you must even be cooler!

No one needs your answer as you clearly work there as a simple GP to back up the argument. Your posts are actually funny to read too. Especially your levels :D

I do development and gfx there, since the majority of the updates lately have been a lot of overpriced items in stores, Ive had to spend a large amount of my gaming time making stuff for this server.
For some reason you think I'm being stuck up and trying to act all cool because i "work" there... Classic is EXTREMELY unpopular for an iPod game and its market base, its full of a bunch of idiots and perverted freaks on iPhone that waste their lives playing it for countless hours. Half of the staff have never played PC Graal before, let alone do anything to deserve to be hired, so I dont even see it as an accomplishment working there. The ONLY reason I work there is because its a hobby i do in my past time that i find fun.

Fulg0reSama
01-03-2011, 04:55 AM
I do development and gfx there, since the majority of the updates lately have been a lot of overpriced items in stores, Ive had to spend a large amount of my gaming time making stuff for this server.
For some reason you think I'm being stuck up and trying to act all cool because i "work" there... Classic is EXTREMELY unpopular for an iPod game and its market base, its full of a bunch of idiots and perverted freaks on iPhone that waste their lives playing it for countless hours. Half of the staff have never played PC Graal before, let alone do anything to deserve to be hired, so I dont even see it as an accomplishment working there. The ONLY reason I work there is because its a hobby i do in my past time that i find fun.

This is what happens when you let someones comment get to you.

All could have been reduced to

Stfu kid
and move on :asleep:

DustyPorViva
01-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Why does iPhone Classic need graphic artists? From what I've seen all the graphics are just pulled from here and there... or is that what the graphics artists there do?

fowlplay4
01-03-2011, 05:20 AM
Why does iPhone Classic need graphic artists? From what I've seen all the graphics are just pulled from here and there... or is that what the graphics artists there do?

There are various NPCs, Hats, Furniture, etc. that are Classic iPhone creations. Stefan's involvement with projects usually leads to borrowing from PC servers.

DustyPorViva
01-03-2011, 05:30 AM
There are various NPCs, Hats, Furniture, etc. that are Classic iPhone creations. Stefan's involvement with projects usually leads to borrowing from PC servers.

Most of the hats and such that I've seen are just borrowed from PC. I'd like to see some of the custom stuff.

Twilikari
01-03-2011, 06:03 AM
i'll give it too Pimp-and Caffeine, and Punk, and iArtist. All of the past or present Praphics Admins on Classic have and do make original and good graphics, inluding hats, but also npcs, heads, bodies, furniture, and other stuff I've mentioned. The LAT's there could easily be hired else where. But- that's where it ends. Beside's the graphics, and some levels, iPhone Classic has nothing.

ffcmike
01-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Borrow:

To obtain or receive (something) on loan with the promise or understanding of returning it or its equivalent.

Luda
01-04-2011, 10:38 AM
Thor stop whining

Crono
01-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Most of the hats and such that I've seen are just borrowed from PC. I'd like to see some of the custom stuff.

like the pluffy hat u made

wont even give me 1 for free and it was for my birthday wow

Elk
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Someone highly ranked, took 4 of my Christmas Reindeer hats that I made for Zodiac use and uploaded them on Classic Iphone without even asking me, that made me angry...because they are making money with it, HE could have atleast asked me.

it was Xor.

Crono
01-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Someone highly ranked, took 4 of my Christmas Reindeer hats that I made for Zodiac use and uploaded them on Classic Iphone without even asking me, that made me angry...because they are making money with it, HE could have atleast asked me.

it was Xor.

That is terrible. :/

LordSquirt
01-04-2011, 10:04 PM
I like how you first don't say his name, but at the end you do

Soala
01-04-2011, 10:11 PM
While I was GP/FAQ on classic iphone, I got to do bits of things like the pins for the map, a new UI icon and some dumb stuff for easter last year (chocolate egg bombs).
That was kind of boring tbh

DustyPorViva
01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Can I get royalties, plz?

Crono
01-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Can I get royalties, plz?

all funds go to pluffy so he can support his family

Geno
01-04-2011, 11:16 PM

it was Xor.

when you upload something on to graal they get the right to do whatever they want with it.

Cosss
01-05-2011, 04:15 AM
but it doesn't make it reasonable

Fulg0reSama
01-05-2011, 04:20 AM
but it doesn't make it reasonable

When has anything on graal been reasonable?

SlikRick
01-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Npulse's chat bubble display

Stefan actually came on and asked me if it was ok for it to be used on the iPhone server and I didn't see a problem with it. As for the rest of the content I cannot say if he did the same.

oo_jazz_oo
01-05-2011, 04:31 AM
An iPhone noob made fun of me on UN because he said the pluffy hat is a free hat on Classic iPhone. :'(

He then went on to ask me what a pluffy was. ;_;

DustyPorViva
01-05-2011, 04:40 AM
all funds go to pluffy so he can support his family
I have more than just a Pluffy hat on that server!

Twilikari
01-05-2011, 05:41 AM
"He"

Xor

Is even unpopular here? iPhoners are always hating on him Xp

DustyPorViva
01-05-2011, 05:43 AM
"He"

Xor

Is even unpopular here? iPhoners are always hating on him Xp
Pluffy? They would, he was thrown on the iPhone server where no one has a clue who he is.

Crono
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
im insulted pluffy hat shud not be free i demand an update but xor is running the place so nvm i understand

ffcmike
01-05-2011, 04:13 PM
when you upload something on to graal they get the right to do whatever they want with it.

This is something that has been repeatably brought up despite the fact nobody is actually questioning the validity of it, it is the lack of morals and respect towards those that have voluntarily contributed their own work to Graal that is being questioned, and then there's the issue that what is essentially the flagship server of Graal ought to be offering the highest level of content you can realistically expect as opposed to a vast number of things which by PC standards are out-dated.