PDA

View Full Version : Donations for Testbed

Soala
12-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Donations for Testbed are open! I made this thread to know who would donate first, but more importantly, to know if there will be enough donations to truly revive testbed.

Why donate? Well, if you ever wanted to develop but never had enough to rent a full server for your own, why not pay less for ALMOST the same thing? You get to have a place to learn, try out anything and even get help from other developers online. It's the perfect place to learn.

So, who's ready to donate and how much?

salesman
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
$0.00 because anyone who donates more is a fool or someone who wants people to like him.

I don't care how generous or loaded you are, you shouldn't pay for something that should already be provided to us for free.

edit: If you guys nagged for this half as much as you did for "Colors expansions for v6!!!!!" (which imo isn't nearly as important as a Testing server), I'm sure you could get Stefan to set up something official.

Soala
12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, I agree with you anyway, we deserve Testbed.

Twinny
12-20-2010, 10:25 PM
If it's not going to come back anytime soon, I might consider spawning a new testbed...it's all my servers ever are anyways. Update on current situation?

fowlplay4
12-20-2010, 10:43 PM
If it's not going to come back anytime soon, I might consider spawning a new testbed...it's all my servers ever are anyways. Update on current situation?

Pretty sure it's up again under the name Dev Clockwork or Testbed.

Fulg0reSama
12-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure it's up again under the name Dev Clockwork or Testbed.

ya testbed is up as Testbed Server now.

RegretZ
12-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I do agree, Stefan should provide something like this, but for now this is all we have, and we ought to do whatever we can to protect what resources are available to us.

DuBsTeRmAn
12-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Thanks Soala, But i had enough cash to pay for my own server.. now the developing times are over, thanks for the try tho..

Let me promise you, If i win over 5 million cash in the new years lottery ill buy you 5 years of servertime.

Soala
12-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks Soala, But i had enough cash to pay for my own server.. now the developing times are over, thanks for the try tho..

Let me promise you, If i win over 5 million cash in the new years lottery ill buy you 5 years of servertime.

this thread was to get eventual donations to revive/keep testbed up, not for Ruins

RegretZ
12-21-2010, 02:52 PM

*cough*FAIL*cough*

Soala
12-21-2010, 03:02 PM
oh and not for noctorious either (I think I misread some parts)

Clockwork
12-21-2010, 11:39 PM
err...testbed is up and I already had opened donations...I got 2.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83453&page=9

kia345
12-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Who actually trusts Soala with their money?

Soala
12-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Who actually trusts Soala with their money?

I didn't ask people to give money to ME, I just wanted to see if anyone would actually donate (and eventualy how much), and that was before Testbed was back up.

kia345
12-21-2010, 11:52 PM
I was under the impression you were asking about donations so you would be able to pay for a new Testbed server.

Feonix
12-21-2010, 11:53 PM
lolololol

Soala
12-22-2010, 12:06 AM
I was under the impression you were asking about donations so you would be able to pay for a new Testbed server.

no, the point of this thread was to know if there would be enough donations to make it happen (what's the point in donating if there won't be enough anyway?) but meh, Aeko brought it back already.

If I wanted donations to be sent to me, I'd have included a paypal link.
Should of asked paypal link of Aeko though, forgot about it.

DustyPorViva
12-22-2010, 01:02 AM
I was firmly against players paying for testbed, but it's been done. The least anyone can do is help Aeko out since he paid for it(and has been paying for it), regardless of whether we should have to or not.

scriptless
01-13-2011, 04:10 PM
i would donate but im not sure how welcome around graal i really am.. i kinda think it's pointless that it's not free.. thats just lame.. even if we got a External Scripted Level editor.. that doesnt even mean we can test GS2.. so how does stefan expect this to work? I think just getting that up to speed so more people could "develop" would be awesome.

NicoX
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Server is already on ?