PDA

View Full Version : Un

Dragonosteel
11-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Currently, UN is a terrible server with a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats.

While I may insult the current state of the server, keep in mind I'm not doing it to be an asshat because I clearly care about it enough to post this topic.

UN's main problems:
a. There's almost nothing to earn.
-- The server's players are constantly being showered with (cheap) new hats and NPCs, especially during holidays. Christmas easily ruined the only real form of economy UN hat (hat trading) because rare hats were showered onto the server for about 500g each (or less).
b. All of the NPCs are either really useless or really ***.
-- NPCs like Slap, Water Gun, whatever other annoyance NPCs. They should all be put in the protection NPC. I've even seen popular players like Wynde be harassed with Pillow so much while she was trying to converse, to the point she became frustrated. Now that Pillow is on Protection, you have Slap which EVERY retard and noob has and they won't stop using it.
-- Old rings like Poison Ring (why is it still in the shop if it's broken?), Aqua Ring, and several other NPCs are entirely either broken or useless. I have a ton of random NPCs I almost never touch. Most of it are NPCs that get old fast (Super Mushroom, in example) and have no practical use on the server.
c. Nothing has longevity.
-- Occasionally an "oh so cool" release is out such as the Bowling Alley. A lot of people used it at first but now it's very rarely used. This goes the same as a lot of the NPCs. The mushrooms were popular as hell when they came out, now they're useless.

UN staff really need to shape this server up.
I personally would hate to see some of my more cherished hats and NPCs to go, but this has to be done:

Server reset.

It's an unpopular option but nothing of UN has value anymore.

Before the reset, staff need to figure out how to cut down the amount of items and hats given out. Hat shop was always a past-time of UN but over recent Managers, the hats are way too abundant and way too cheap. Malinko actually did it right because most (if not all) of the hats were new, so he wasn't screwing over the rarity of other hats.

What NPCs are given out easily should be remotely useful. NPCs like Nationz Dating, Pumpkin Launcher, Carry, that are there to be "cool" need to be more earned so people will do something to get them.

Destroying the hat and NPC economy over Christmas is a huge no.

I guess several hat tickets are given out monthly. This needs to be fixed.

Less EP needs to be given out in events. Since the playercount is smaller, the EP given out should accommodate this. A noticeable amount of players have an obscene amount of EP (especially because there's also nothing to use it for).

Either this or the cost of hat shops or whatever else UN may have in the future needs to drastically increase (for the good hats at least, leave the **** to the noobs)

Fix ****ing Castle Wars. I was there with my guildbies from (Blessed) and I got glitched at least 3 times. They told me it's been glitchy for years.

IMO Certain NPCs/hats need to be earned by certain accomplishments on UN.
i.e. (meaning not exact NPCs or stats) a player can earn Webshot by earning 1400 kills or whatever. Not that great of an NPC, not that great of an accomplishment.
Then a player can earn something nicer like Battering Ram for 3000 kills in Castle Wars.

Win x amount of spars for x NPC.

Winning x amount of events can win you a certain type of hats
Winning x amount of spars can win you certain types of hats

I don't really know, just something that would want to get people out of there.

Since people will take the "omg i suck at ____ i will never get this ___", give them little retards for their participation. Other games have figured out this seems to work.

I played Classic for a little while before it's death.
There was more guild and PKing activity on that dying server of 20-30 people than there is on UN right now and that's honestly really sad.

Nothing in this topic is really too development heavy.
Just make use of what UN currently has (Achievement System, CW, Bowling, Adoption Center, etc, etc) and make it worthwhile to the players in rewards for accomplishments.

I know UN has some currently good NATs and at least Mystic as an LAT. Streety still GATs, so none of this should honestly be too hard.

It wouldn't really hurt to put off development for a bit to make the server less *** because you're just going to keep going through the vicious "ok we finally made something it's so cool"... Months later "dam no 1 uses it anymore, o well next pointless project" cycle.

Even stupid **** like "You adopted 10 people! Here is your bra hat, you busy mother!" would probably get them going.

I hope that there are others that will agree with me on what is posted, hopefully attracting the attention of UN staff, and maybe something can get done.

/end bored in the morning rant.

Deas_Voice
11-24-2010, 01:40 PM
inb4threadclose

MysticX2X
11-24-2010, 02:20 PM
inb4threadclose

Why would it be closed? He put some good thought into this thread.

Deas_Voice
11-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Why would it be closed? He put some good thought into this thread.

if he were trying to be serious, i didn't notice because of all stars.
/end bored in the morning rant.

Crono
11-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Currently, UN is a terrible server with a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats.

Currently? I'm sorry but UN was never anything BUT a plethora of obnoxious NPCs. When hats were finally released to public servers, it was a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats. Nothing more.

fowlplay4
11-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Currently? I'm sorry but UN was never anything BUT a plethora of obnoxious NPCs. When hats were finally released to public servers, it was a plethora of obnoxious NPCs and an overwhelming amount of hats. Nothing more.

+ The only thing going for it now is that it's the only Classic server with a player-count.

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
What UN needs is a manager with huge balls to just scrap everything and pull something decent out of his gigantic butthole.

I thought it was necessary to remind people of this notion :D .

kia345
11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
congratulations on thinking like everyone else over 13 who has ever logged on UN bro

Crono
11-24-2010, 06:45 PM
+ The only thing going for it now is that it's the only Classic server with a player-count.

w0rd.

Fulg0reSama
11-24-2010, 06:52 PM
congratulations on thinking like everyone else over 13 who has ever logged on UN bro

this.

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 07:21 PM
I often feel that the phrase "Classic Style Server" is used wrongly, Unholy Nation and Npulse are commonly referred to as one but while I realise alot of people have varying ideas as to what the actual Classic Server should be the more common ideal for it among the ages is something much different, I personally don't feel UN is a "Classic Style Server", though the whole situation isn't helped by the fact the PlayerWorlds Tab is/was referred to as the Classic Tab and the fact there has been several different eras of the actual Classic server, I'm not sure if this is in reference to the Server or the Tab, I suppose Graal iPhone does little to create a more accurate perception too.

kia345
11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
UN is a minigame server. It's Mario Party.

Fulg0reSama
11-24-2010, 07:40 PM

God you are so right. But so is N-Pulse (if anyone says no I will castrate you with a meathook.)

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 07:50 PM
God you are so right. But so is N-Pulse (if anyone says no I will castrate you with a meathook.)

To be fair Classic 2005 - 2009 was also commonly referred to by those who'd played pre-npcserver as "Mario Party without the Party", ideally there'd be a more professional term used for this description.

Unkownsoldier
11-24-2010, 08:24 PM
To be fair Classic 2005 - 2009 was also commonly referred to by those who'd played pre-npcserver as "Mario Party without the Party", ideally there'd be a more professional term used for this description.

I don't think we can call any servers "classic", not title-wise by theme-wise. In reality Graal is just a bunch of servers that took original ideas from other games. Zodiac has the average MMO characteristics, Zone was much like starwars for a while, Classic at one point was basically like "A link to the past" etc. So of course UN would seem dull to you (directed towards Dragonosteel) because its basically an old idea just morphed with players and the ability to interact. I suggest Graal comes up with its own new original idea and maybe we can have a better time.

Crono
11-24-2010, 08:37 PM
thor seriously...you know nothing if you disagree that un is the last "classic" server left. npulse is dead so let's ignore that corpse of a server, UN is the last one with classic's core gameplay. aka pking and sparring.

no one gives half a **** about "quests", quests were maybe 2% of the experience while the rest was what players on are mostly doing.

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't think we can call any servers "classic", not title-wise by theme-wise. In reality Graal is just a bunch of servers that took original ideas from other games. Zodiac has the average MMO characteristics, Zone was much like starwars for a while, Classic at one point was basically like "A link to the past" etc. So of course UN would seem dull to you (directed towards Dragonosteel) because its basically an old idea just morphed with players and the ability to interact. I suggest Graal comes up with its own new original idea and maybe we can have a better time.

But Graal did begin as a rip of A Link to the Past (as much as it appears Stefan dislikes people saying this now), and that is where the term "Classic Style Server" originates from, the new Classic server is alot more on these lines than compared to pre-wipe, I believe the staff of Delteria aswell as MrOmega with Varia can boast of being on these lines too, it's not a matter of something now out-dated evolving into something of a higher level, it's more to do with circumstances such as less of the modern generation having played LTTP, the fact that these old servers happened to go downhill (for many different reasons) and that as a result of Graal Development becoming more sophisticated and the Dev-Pool being significantly lower there are much less Developers capable of creating content of this style to a high enough standard.

thor seriously...you know nothing if you disagree that un is the last "classic" server left. npulse is dead so let's ignore that corpse of a server, UN is the last one with classic's core gameplay. aka pking and sparring.

no one gives half a **** about "quests", quests were maybe 2% of the experience while the rest was what players on are mostly doing.

I'm not actually saying that Classic Servers are all about Quests, but originally Quests did happen to be the thing that attracted the majority of players (by providing a sense of direction and purpose) who eventually mixed in with the community and participated in such things as PKing and Sparring, even if they weren't the main reason they remained playing the game.

Hiro
11-24-2010, 08:40 PM
I often feel that the phrase "Classic Style Server" is used wrongly, Unholy Nation and Npulse are commonly referred to as one but while I realise alot of people have varying ideas as to what the actual Classic Server should be the more common ideal for it among the ages is something much different, I personally don't feel UN is a "Classic Style Server", though the whole situation isn't helped by the fact the PlayerWorlds Tab is/was referred to as the Classic Tab and the fact there has been several different eras of the actual Classic server, I'm not sure if this is in reference to the Server or the Tab, I suppose Graal iPhone does little to create a more accurate perception too.
it has swords so players can spar and PK, so it's classic-type. don't try to make it more complicated than that

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
it has swords so players can spar and PK, so it's classic-type. don't try to make it more complicated than that

You can Spar and PK on Era too.

Hiro
11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
You can Spar and PK on Era too.with guns

Cubical
11-24-2010, 08:43 PM
You can Spar on Kingdoms and Maloria with swords.

Hiro
11-24-2010, 08:43 PM
You can Spar on Kingdoms and Maloria with swords.with level-ups

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
You can Spar on Kingdoms and Maloria with swords.

ya so dey r clasic style servrs 2 it doesnt hav 2 b mor complicated dan that

with level-ups

So does sword power not apply to Unholy Nation then? (apart from the fact you obtain level 3 from something like a random slot machine)

salesman
11-24-2010, 08:45 PM
with guns

and swords, actually.

Cubical
11-24-2010, 08:46 PM
and swords, actually.

Don't forget the lightsabers. setsword lightsaber.png

Hiro
11-24-2010, 09:00 PM
and swords, actually.your point being?

ya so dey r clasic style servrs 2 it doesnt hav 2 b mor complicated dan that

So does sword power not apply to Unholy Nation then? (apart from the fact you obtain level 3 from something like a random slot machine)

i'd hardly call doing quests on UN any form of leveling-up. if you'd like to try and make an actual coherent point about why UN shouldn't be classified as the only legitimate classic-styled server left, then go ahead and try. if you cannot accept the simplicity of what i've said before about classifying classic-styled servers, then allow me to elaborate on the subject for you:

UN has no other NPCs or other type of weapons in which people can seriously spar or PK with - you get the typical LTTP sword and that is all. we can completely put aside NPC-lamers and the like, because anyone who is anyone will PK inside TCPK where only swords are allowed - the same can be said of sparring which only takes place in TCSpar. the quests on UN have never been central to anything on the server, ever. i personally have never done the quests on UN because they are redundant, and not at all the reason why i sign onto UN - i sign on to UN because of it's the only server who uses the default sword, and utilizes it as it's main focus, unlike era or GK or any other server you people have decided to try and poke holes in my simpler explanation. even npulse came closer to this realization when they did away with questing and automatically gave players the same amount of hearts, sword power, shield power, etc. as they then focused upon the competitive aspects of sword fighting rather than questing.

so again, to reiterate the point, the classic-style server is one which focuses almost exclusively upon LTTP sword-style competition and nothing else (and if you seriously try to say that UN's main focus is not on the LTTP sword-style, then you obviously have not spent enough time on UN and have no idea what you're talking about)

kia345
11-24-2010, 09:05 PM
comparing UN with ALttP

You're an idiot.

UN has a sword. Okay. It doesn't focus on that. There is pking with novel NPCs to interrupt it. There is sparing. But neither of those are the bulk of the server. UN revolves around literally nothing. Just chatting and trading, the latter of which includes events and novel jobs. There is no questline, there is no plot, there is nothing that even makes it resemble ALttP besides the fact you have the sword.

UN is just a sort of hub-world from which you can access the small minigames, like working, bowling, events. And rather than trying to add some sort of actual over-arching gameplay to UN, they just keep adding more side things to mess around with, that will ultimately get old. RPG-center anyone?

UN has no other NPCs or other type of weapons in which people can seriously spar or PK with - you get the typical LTTP sword and that is all.

Shuriken, katana, kunai, throwing knives, hammer, rifle, bombs, rings, etc etc

Unkownsoldier
11-24-2010, 09:11 PM
I am playing ..

http://i52.tinypic.com/2drb6s7.png

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 09:16 PM
your point being?

i'd hardly call doing quests on UN any form of leveling-up. if you'd like to try and make an actual coherent point about why UN shouldn't be classified as the only legitimate classic-styled server left, then go ahead and try. if you cannot accept the simplicity of what i've said before about classifying classic-styled servers, then allow me to elaborate on the subject for you:

UN has no other NPCs or other type of weapons in which people can seriously spar or PK with - you get the typical LTTP sword and that is all. we can completely put aside NPC-lamers and the like, because anyone who is anyone will PK inside TCPK where only swords are allowed - the same can be said of sparring which only takes place in TCSpar. the quests on UN have never been central to anything on the server, ever. i personally have never done the quests on UN because they are redundant, and not at all the reason why i sign onto UN - i sign on to UN because of it's the only server who uses the default sword, and utilizes it as it's main focus, unlike era or GK or any other server you people have decided to try and poke holes in my simpler explanation. even npulse came closer to this realization when they did away with questing and automatically gave players the same amount of hearts, sword power, shield power, etc. as they then focused upon the competitive aspects of sword fighting rather than questing.

so again, to reiterate the point, the classic-style server is one which focuses almost exclusively upon LTTP sword-style competition and nothing else (and if you seriously try to say that UN's main focus is not on the LTTP sword-style, then you obviously have not spent enough time on UN and have no idea what you're talking about)

Where have I said UN doesn't focus almost exclusively on sword combat?
I would actually agree with you that this is perhaps the single biggest element of gameplay on UN since its existence, though to say this is what Classic Style Servers are about is very single minded, I don't recall being able to fight other players with your sword in Link to the Past, but I do remember venturing through dungeons.

Now the original Classic had both Quests and Sparring/PKing, I'm well aware that not everybody even liked the Quests, some actually despised Tyhm for his re-structuring of the server towards his storyline, but the vast majority of genuine new players (atleast back then) played Graal because of its similarities to LTTP, but there couldn't have been many that would have logged on and immediately began sparring, this is just one element from Classic that UN took and was focussed on more heavily.

Hiro
11-24-2010, 09:23 PM
You're an idiot.

UN has a sword. Okay. It doesn't focus on that. There is pking with novel NPCs to interrupt it. There is sparing. But neither of those are the bulk of the server. UN revolves around literally nothing. Just chatting and trading, the latter of which includes events and novel jobs. There is no questline, there is no plot, there is nothing that even makes it resemble ALttP besides the fact you have the sword.

UN is just a sort of hub-world from which you can access the small minigames, like working, bowling, events. And rather than trying to add some sort of actual over-arching gameplay to UN, they just keep adding more side things to mess around with, that will ultimately get old. RPG-center anyone?

Shuriken, katana, kunai, throwing knives, hammer, rifle, bombs, rings, etc etc
wow you are dumb. do you typically post rebuttal's without fully reading the post you are replying too? cause if you had read through it, you would realize that i was not comparing UN to LTTP as a whole; i was saying that the style of sword being used on UN was the same style as LTTP

you even say yourself, "there is nothing that even makes it resemble ALttP besides the fact you have the sword." well - that was my entire point. i'm glad you understood that enough to try and criticize it. my own quote on the matter, "you get the typical LTTP sword and that is all."

for someone who does not consistently take part in either sparring nor PKing (as you suck at it i presume) it would definitely seem like UN is as you described it - crappy events any server could have, mini-games like bowling and other bull**** that have no coherence with the rest of the server, and collecting hats. if this is all you regularly take part in, then yes, UN has no core, no soul, no plot, or anything that really separates it from the rest of the classic-styled servers. however, for those of use who do take part in PKing or sparring, that makes for the core of the server, and no further plot or overarching gameplay with quests is required

Where have I said UN doesn't focus almost exclusively on sword combat?
I would actually agree with you that this is perhaps the single biggest element of gameplay on UN since its existence, though to say this is what Classic Style Servers are about is very single minded, I don't recall being able to fight other players with your sword in Link to the Past, but I do remember venturing through dungeons.

Now the original Classic had both Quests and Sparring/PKing, I'm well aware that not everybody even liked the Quests, some actually despised Tyhm for his re-structuring of the server towards his storyline, but the vast majority of genuine new players (atleast back then) played Graal because of its similarities to LTTP, but there couldn't have been many that would have logged on and immediately began sparring, this is just one element from Classic that UN took and was focussed on more heavily.and i would think that this would exemplify that classic-styled focus, as not being able to fight others in LTTP is one of the things that graal allows and which drew players in. as the only active classic-styled server left, this focus should be the way in which other classic-servers are compared - you don't need quests to be a classic-styled server

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 09:26 PM
for someone who does not consistently take part in either sparring nor PKing (as you suck at it i presume) it would definitely seem like UN is as you described it - crappy events any server could have, mini-games like bowling and other bull**** that have no coherence with the rest of the server, and collecting hats. if this is all you regularly take part in, then yes, UN has no core, no soul, no plot, or anything that really separates it from the rest of the classic-styled servers. however, for those of use who do take part in PKing or sparring, that makes for the core of the server, and no further plot or overarching gameplay with quests is required

So would you be opposed to UN being classified as a "Sparring Server" as opposed to a "Classic Style Server"?
(not that I'm saying this is entirely what UN revolves around)

Hiro
11-24-2010, 09:31 PM
So would you be opposed to UN being classified as a "Sparring Server" as opposed to a "Classic Style Server"?
(not that I'm saying this is entirely what UN revolves around)yes i would agree with that as a subcategory

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 09:35 PM
yes i would agree with that as a subcategory

I think a main category of "Sparring Server" if not "Events Server" with sub-categories of "Classic Style" (as regardless of low standards Quests do exist there) aswell as "Economy Based" (Hats etc) would be more accurate.

Rufus
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
If UN isn't a Classic server and it has everything that Graal Classic had in its prime then I'd like to know what the **** a "Classic server" is.

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 10:07 PM
If UN isn't a Classic server and it has everything that Graal Classic had in its prime then I'd like to know what the **** a "Classic server" is.

There are big differences, the vast majority of Classics content was Quest content, it was the primary focus of construction eventually including a storyline and with the overworld being re-designed accordingly, the only versions where it wasn't so much like this and more simplistic were really before its prime though admittedly P2P had affected playercount badly in the middle of the evolution under Tyhm, events were nowhere near as sophisticated back then compared to the modern day and again didn't fully coincide with the prime of the server, Hat Purchasing was also a G2k1 thing.

And as mentioned before it can also be argued that there are several servers that have everything Classic had.

Rufus
11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
There are big differences, the vast majority of Classics content was Quest content, it was the primary focus of construction eventually including a storyline and with the overworld being re-designed accordingly, the only versions where it wasn't so much like this and more simplistic were really before its prime though admittedly P2P had affected playercount badly in the middle of the evolution under Tyhm, events were nowhere near as sophisticated back then compared to the modern day and again didn't fully coincide with the prime of the server, Hat Purchasing was also a G2k1 thing.

And as mentioned before it can also be argued that there are several servers that have everything Classic had.

If you're saying that Classic wasn't a "Classic server" before Tyhm placed emphasis on quests and a storyline, what was it?

DustyPorViva
11-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Classic never had good quests. They had quests, and staff may have tried to put a lot of emphasis into them but that didn't make them good. They were horrible when Classic was created and to my recollection they were absent before Classic went down.

UN may not have the BEST quests, but they are certainly there, and have to be done to have a chance against other players. In fact... sounds a hell'uva lot like Classic.

Quests have been and so far are still a chore on Graal.

Crono
11-24-2010, 10:23 PM
gameplay is a foreign concept itt

ffcmike
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
If you're saying that Classic wasn't a "Classic server" before Tyhm placed emphasis on quests and a storyline, what was it?

What I'm saying is that Questing was the single biggest element focussed on, while Tyhm was the one who really expanded this it was still largely true of Graal in its more simplistic days and this is something that does not apply to UN.
Still a good proportion of this occurred before people had the opportunity to coin phrases to categorise servers, and when they began to I'm pretty sure they were thinking about the Questing setup when referring to a Classic Style Server.

Classic never had good quests. They had quests, and staff may have tried to put a lot of emphasis into them but that didn't make them good.

While this is true you cannot be certain that there would have been just as many players or the same community had they not existed, the Zelda aspect played a prominent role.

Elizabeth
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
shut up i love mario party

Fulg0reSama
11-24-2010, 11:02 PM
shut up i love mario party

of course you would. Blek

PrayDoh
11-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Sorry to interrupt . . but back to the original post . .

I like most of the OPs ideas for UN. Back when I sort of cared about the direction of the server, I thought using the job systems to gather materials, and using those materials to create the items/hats we can buy would be a good idea. Your idea of tying it into actual gameplay and the achievement system seems like it would be more fun though.

It was kind of depressing for me to realize that UN wasn't made to make sense . .at all. Maybe after a few more management changes we can get this all sorted out.

back to whatever

UN is a classic server mostly for the reasons Hiro has been pointing out

MysticX2X
11-24-2010, 11:35 PM

Maybe you forgot about the several guilds that had wars and utilized Castlewars, competitive pking/sparring, and a wide community in UN's earlier years. =p. UN was only showered with crap NPC's in recent years.

It was kind of depressing for me to realize that UN wasn't made to make sense . .at all. Maybe after a few more management changes we can get this all sorted out.

UN has had 6 different managers in the past 2 1/2 years, 4 being this year alone. Don't just suggest a few more management changes, just suggest what the current management can do now. Though that is entirely dependent on the staff team working with each other, which sadly has never been an easy case, and still isn't one now.

I don't see why there is an argument on why/why not UN is a Classic Server...Clearly it is, even if it is showered with a bunch of useless npc's.

Crono
11-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe you forgot about the several guilds that had wars and utilized Castlewars, competitive pking/sparring, and a wide community in UN's earlier years. =p

Oh, you mean what every server had but better? UN only became a respectable ground for sparring after every other server died.

PrayDoh
11-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Don't just suggest a few more management changes, just suggest what the current management can do now.

wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I was just pointing out the fact that we've changed managers 3? times in the past year and not a lot has changed. I could see how what I said could be taken as a slight against current management, but it wasn't meant that way.

I'm pretty much indifferent to our current administration, as I don't really know what is being worked on aside from your CW and GK's tower defense.

DustyPorViva
11-24-2010, 11:43 PM
When I was working as "VIP" staff on UN I was going to make myself a house. Except my house was going to be a complex "Adventure-style" quest.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1038/manor.png
I had already planned out all the mechanics and started writing out the backstory of the mansion as well as the overall plot, and started making concepts for various NPC's in the house. The goal was going to be to go around and collect items and solve the mystery of Dusty's Manor, which revolved a lot around avoiding shadows and getting the lights back on(hence the dark areas on the map). It was going to have its own inventory system and everything, but oh well.

CharlieM
11-24-2010, 11:48 PM
No bedrooms?

DustyPorViva
11-24-2010, 11:49 PM
No bedrooms?
There were going to be separate floors.

MysticX2X
11-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Oh, you mean what every server had but better? UN only became a respectable ground for sparring after every other server died.

Yeah, but not many servers (from whenever i played to so on) had an average playercount of 250+. I'm not saying UN is a perfect server, but it had it's peak aside from what was originally said.

Dragonosteel
11-25-2010, 12:14 AM
I want to say that if Crono doesn't work out as Manager, Streety should probably be made Manager again. That guy was Manager for over a year, and we have had problems getting people to even last a month or two.

I'm not too sure because he seemed to be just another "I want this project and this project to be on the server" instead of willing to fix it's core issues.

If you're a Manager of Zodiac and Era, it's alright to work on projects because their servers have legitimate playability. On UN it's just playing events until something new gets released, wait until it gets old after a week or two, go back to playing events.

jacob_bald6225
11-26-2010, 04:16 AM
I want to say that if Crono doesn't work out as Manager, Streety should probably be made Manager again. That guy was Manager for over a year, and we have had problems getting people to even last a month or two.

If you're a Manager of Zodiac and Era, it's alright to work on projects because their servers have legitimate playability. On UN it's just playing events until something new gets released, wait until it gets old after a week or two, go back to playing events.

Why not try something new and different?

Chakrah
11-27-2010, 08:06 AM

I'm not too sure because he seemed to be just another "I want this project and this project to be on the server" instead of willing to fix it's core issues.

Streety?
Manager?
Again?

You're ****ing high!!

WaDaFack
11-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Well, those obnoxious NPCs seem to be entertaining most of the players hence your Wynde example. If UN was terrible, it wouldn't have one of the highest playercounts since it was first released and counting.
Server reset.
Sorry, but flushing down almost 5-6years of work for most players isn't really going to do it. Infact, UN will just totally be wiped off the serverlist because I don't think anyone will want to start from scrap; they'll either quit Graal itself or move on to a different server.