PDA

View Full Version : Tag? On my overworld? It's more likely than you think.

Rufus
11-06-2010, 04:01 AM
Unless you've had a sad, sad childhood, you've probably played tag. Even if you were that kid chained up in a Los Angeles basement, you most likely spent those years imagining that you were one of the children playing tag outside. Regardless of which child you were, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that you can now enjoy tag without having to get up or move or any of that other dumb stuff. I encourage you all to check out our new server-wide event: Overworld Tag.

In UN's version of tag, the Events Team members are It first. When the game starts, time is given for players to spread out and hide around the world map. The ETs then hunt the players down and tag them, and it doesn't take long for the Its to outnumber the untagged. The It status can be removed, but only after tagging three players. The game continues until the timer runs out, and players who are not tagged when the game is over receive a prize. Additionally, the player who tagged the most people also receives quite a nice prize.

Normally each round is about 30 minutes long, but trust me, they go by very fast. You might be asking yourself, "Why do I want to log into UN just to do something I stopped doing irl like 75 years ago?" but I still think you should give it a try! Being the last non-It on the map can really get your pulse up in those final minutes. If you're interested, log on and check it out tomorrow at 8pm (EST) ^^

kia345
11-06-2010, 04:11 AM
Nonsense, tag promotes youthful rebellion and horse-play, letting children run unnoticed with little authority. It even encourages them to avoid the "it", the people in charge of maintaining order. Tag is a terrible, terrible game.

Sure, I'll play

xXziroXx
11-06-2010, 05:22 AM
I might tag along, if you catch my drift.

DustyPorViva
11-06-2010, 05:32 AM
I might try it out.

Also, STFU with your bad puns, Ziro.

xXziroXx
11-06-2010, 06:34 AM
I might try it out.

Also, STFU with your bad puns, Ziro.

Don't be hating man. :(

fowlplay4
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
This thread is it now.

PowerProNL
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
o-o

papajchris
11-06-2010, 04:05 PM
Couldn't you just log onto UN right before the timer runs out and get a reward? Or does it know that you were not online the entire time?

Rufus
11-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Couldn't you just log onto UN right before the timer runs out and get a reward? Or does it know that you were not online the entire time?

If you log on after the game has started, reconnect during the game, or go off the overworld into an inside level you will automatically become It until you have tagged three other players.

Rufus
11-07-2010, 01:31 AM
30 minutes!

kia345
11-07-2010, 03:18 PM
So how long is this hovering "IT" icon going to be floating over my head?

MysticX2X
11-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Was fun until luda got on his trike and shot several shurikens :(

Rufus
11-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Didn't work as well as it did when it was being tested (Zodiac stealing our thunder with their 140 players) but people still seemed to have fun. Pretty nostalgic looking at the minimap with all of the players spread out.

So how long is this hovering "IT" icon going to be floating over my head?

Jazz can add something that removes it on login when he comes online.

Okilian
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Minus a few things that need to be ironed out, it was a fun time. I enjoyed trying to find hiding spots around UN.

Absolut_Crono
11-07-2010, 08:12 PM
I had a good time. Been a long time since we've had that many players in an event. I think next time we should post a message on the login though. It would get the attention of more players, specifically ones who dont use the forums or play UN regularly. We should host this more often!

Crono
11-07-2010, 09:13 PM
everyone should use the graal forums even if moderation is garbage

although thats pretty much why the real graal community doesnt use the forums god damnit crono stop starting trouble

Luda
11-07-2010, 09:35 PM
Was fun until luda got on his trike and shot several shurikens :(

All skills baby, but I always make it to the last 3 minutes because i got swarms of 8+ after me

DustyPorViva
11-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Maybe you should ditch the map and implement some sort of hot/cold system?

MattKan
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Are you really allowed to go ANYWHERE on the gmap? Does that include insides too?

Fulg0reSama
11-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Are you really allowed to go ANYWHERE on the gmap? Does that include insides too?

Read the thread a bit more and you'd have already been answered.

Mykel
11-08-2010, 09:42 PM
Read the thread a bit more and you'd have already been answered.It's not douchey at all that you took the time to type this up by not answer his question.

No, you can't go into "insides."

Technically, you can, but then you will be "it" and will have to tag three people to remove the "it" status.

kia345
11-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Since it's still around Halloween, why didn't you use the zombie infection as opposed to tag? I wasn't on Halloween, so I wouldn't know if it was because it's already been hosted too much.

Fulg0reSama
11-08-2010, 09:45 PM
It's not douchey at all that you took the time to type this up by not answer his question.

No, you can't go into "insides."

Technically, you can, but then you will be "it" and will have to tag three people to remove the "it" status.

Sorry I don't get your approval. Q_Q