PDA

View Full Version : New Client + Instruments+Mac= No Sound :(

WillaWonka
10-05-2010, 02:13 AM
So I've recently downloaded the recent V6 client, which is 10x better then the old v5.11 or something. The frame rate when my client is full screen, has an average of 20-21 fps, which is best. And I can actually see everything around me instead of having a small space to look through. Only problems I am having with it is the instrumental sounds. Whenever anyone plays any musical note it doesn't play on my computer. i tried downloaded the Instrumental Sound Pack from the Install Packages menu and it still doesn't work, then uninstalled reinstalled again, still nothing. I mean the instruments are noisy and annoying as hell but hey, if I found good music that i want to play and have the chance to buy a instruments, well i'm SOL.

PepperTheCat
10-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Unfortunately, it's a known issue.

Spy (who made the instrument sounds) saved them as OGG files with an incorrect file extension (WAV). Either the Mac client doesn't support OGG or the incorrect extension messes it up.

Crono
10-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Unfortunately, it's a known issue.

r u harry's new pet?

TheJames
10-05-2010, 03:41 AM
So I've recently downloaded the recent V6 client, which is 10x better then the old v5.11 or something. The frame rate when my client is full screen, has an average of 20-21 fps, which is best. And I can actually see everything around me instead of having a small space to look through. Only problems I am having with it is the instrumental sounds. Whenever anyone plays any musical note it doesn't play on my computer. i tried downloaded the Instrumental Sound Pack from the Install Packages menu and it still doesn't work, then uninstalled reinstalled again, still nothing. I mean the instruments are noisy and annoying as hell but hey, if I found good music that i want to play and have the chance to buy a instruments, well i'm SOL.

Possibly find the music files off someone and store them in the correct Graal folder.

How'd you download V6?

WillaWonka
10-05-2010, 04:13 AM
There is a link in the forums that lets you download V6 for mac and windows. Plus mac doesnt have all the files, no head,body,shield files. no sfx,gfx files. thats another thing i want to see in a client update, is when i download the game off of graalonline.com the downloaded game contains the other folders that are currently unavailable for mac.

Tim_Rocks
10-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Only problems I am having with it is the instrumental sounds. Stuff... Stuff about Macs...well i'm SOL.
Hmm. I've found your problem, you should upgrade to windows 7. ;)

WillaWonka
10-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Hmm. I've found your problem, you should upgrade to windows 7. ;)

Lmao

Admins
11-09-2010, 02:08 AM
This problem will be fixed in the next version.

WillaWonka
11-09-2010, 04:27 AM
This problem will be fixed in the next version.

Cool Beans.