PDA

View Full Version : Images/Graphics in events

Jugglernaut
08-01-2010, 05:01 AM
I can't see things like who's it in HotPotato, what color to go to in Platrace, timers in KOTH etc...

Some of the things I've tried

Deleting the Unholy Nation folder in weblevels>ganis and weapons
Running Graal from a fresh download from their website, not through my folder (I guess this might count as a reinstall, I'll try that soon)

Any ideas?

Hiro
08-01-2010, 05:53 AM
I can't see things like who's it in HotPotato, what color to go to in Platrace, timers in KOTH etc...

Some of the things I've tried

Deleting the Unholy Nation folder in weblevels>ganis and weapons
Running Graal from a fresh download from their website, not through my folder (I guess this might count as a reinstall, I'll try that soon)

Any ideas?stop worrying about it and go spar

kia345
08-01-2010, 05:59 AM
Let's be fair

Most (all) of those images hurt to look at. You're better off.

Fulg0reSama
08-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Let's be fair

This.

cbk1994
08-01-2010, 06:32 AM
Try deleting FILENAMECACHE.txt in the Graal folder.

Mark Sir Link
08-01-2010, 08:49 AM
these "images" are all text using showtext.

I can't think of any reason of why you wouldn't be able to see them besides maybe not having the font (Comic Sans MS) used.

PM me (Kevin or Kevin (Azite), some variation) next time you see me on Unholy Nation.

Let's be fair

This.

Trolling effort gets an F

Fulg0reSama
08-01-2010, 09:06 AM

I can't think of any reason of why you wouldn't be able to see them besides maybe not having the font (Comic Sans MS) used.

PM me (Kevin or Kevin (Azite), some variation) next time you see me on Unholy Nation.

It would be If It wasn't for the fact I was actually serious :confused:

Mark Sir Link
08-01-2010, 09:14 AM
text hurts to look at? Why subject yourself to the torture of using a computer?

Fulg0reSama
08-01-2010, 10:39 AM
text hurts to look at? Why subject yourself to the torture of using a computer?

I was referring to images. They do hurt to look at.

Hiro
08-01-2010, 03:26 PM

I was referring to images. They do hurt to look at.

:noob:

Crono
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
the filenamecache has been very problematic lately. for example it wont display new images until you reconnect or something.

i just disable mine

kia345
08-01-2010, 06:46 PM
If UN didn't have a track record of using the most disgusting graphics in events (all of the server), I wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume these were the bad ones. Considering he said "etc", he could easily also be including stuff like the ridiculous tag hand or Run 'em Over's graphics.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make it trolling, but since you're so quick to throw around that word, I have to make the only appropriate response:

u mad

Comic Sans
LOL THAT'S EVEN WORSE THAN IMAGES, I'd post a link to bancomicsans, but urls etc

Fulg0reSama
08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Run 'em Over's graphics.

Yes! I'm not the only one.

Mark Sir Link
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM
If UN didn't have a track record of using the most disgusting graphics in events (all of the server), I wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume these were the bad ones. Considering he said "etc", he could easily also be including stuff like the ridiculous tag hand or Run 'em Over's graphics.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make it trolling, but since you're so quick to throw around that word, I have to make the only appropriate response:

I find a lot of those graphics ugly as well, but anyone who plays events with any sort of regularity (maybe a few times a week) would know it was obvious he was talking about text.

If you feel the graphics should be changed that's another subject for another place, and I know I among others would love to discuss it happening.

However, you just took someone's thread about something different and ran off in another direction with it while throwing in some snide remarks.

James
08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I find a lot of those graphics ugly as well, but anyone who plays events with any sort of regularity (maybe a few times a week) would know it was obvious he was talking about text.

If you feel the graphics should be changed that's another subject for another place, and I know I among others would love to discuss it happening.

However, you just took someone's thread about something different and ran off in another direction with it while throwing in some snide remarks.

ya u tell em kev

Fulg0reSama
08-02-2010, 06:58 AM

Uhm.. How smart do you believe graal's game community to be REALLY? Because if you truly believe this you sir are either an idiot or someone who gives too much hope for the community.

Jugglernaut
08-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Kevin's fix works, thanks!