PDA

View Full Version : Let everyone have their own online level

DutchGuy
07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Hey would it be possible to have every player on Graal have his own online level, accessable trough the serverlist where you normally type the name for a server and then ENTER.
For players this should work the same, only then you just type in their accountname. People can invite their own friends in their online room and not having to create a room just for any server.
Maybe its too big of a deal to realise, but I think this is an idea that Habbo works with aswell.

ffcmike
07-29-2010, 01:55 AM
A chat room with swords, I like it!

DutchGuy
07-29-2010, 02:02 AM
hell yer

Soala
07-29-2010, 02:18 AM
1)That would be kind of useless, graal needs more content to make the players play the game, and not simply idle on it.
2)What theme would each room have? Could you add whatever you want on it? Be more precise when you explain something you want, and tell us how exactly you see it! :)
3)Discussing or advertising other mmo's (even with just saying their name) breaks the forums rules (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64922).

oo_jazz_oo
07-29-2010, 02:20 AM
Well, you can already do this on UN...through the R2R's. Although, i'm not sure if they are functioning. :P

But that would basically accomplish the same thing...a room you can customize and idle in.

kia345
07-29-2010, 02:29 AM
Giving players a custom level, perhaps accessible from their in game profile might be sort of cool.

iSlayer
07-29-2010, 05:41 AM
But how many people would want a room? All that stuff would just make the rooms for gold members or make the prices higher! It's basicly a non dev server

kia345
07-29-2010, 05:57 AM
This would actually be some appropriate for gelat purchases. Hell, buy additional levels, buy a high max amount of people allowed in. An option for guild houses to be managed like this, then they wouldn't be restricted to one server. It could all be "stored" on Login or something...

This stuff writes itself.

6Burning6Church6
07-30-2010, 02:48 AM
I thought Graal had made a sandbox type dev server for people to log onto to play around with the dev tools. Wouldn't this be kinda the same thing, only cause much more server lag due to there being 1000 different hosted servers for just 1 level each?

I do like Pojo's idea to incorporate guild houses in such a manner, however, this could very easily lead to abuse through malicious scripts.

Alure1316
07-30-2010, 08:17 PM
This is what made Graal go from around 300 players to 30 on each server. When playerworlds came out, and Graal stopped being "The Adventure", everyone separated and broke up into different server groups. You could say that some servers ARE actually your "chat room with swords". Most servers do not have proper content. They use events to entertain people, what happened to the real Graal? Exploring, socializing, and most importantly adventuring.

cbk1994
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
This is what made Graal go from around 300 players to 30 on each server. When playerworlds came out, and Graal stopped being "The Adventure", everyone separated and broke up into different server groups. You could say that some servers ARE actually your "chat room with swords". Most servers do not have proper content. They use events to entertain people, what happened to the real Graal? Exploring, socializing, and most importantly adventuring.

Graal has changed. Forcing every Graal player onto one server is just going to make them quit.

DustyPorViva
07-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Graal supported multiple servers way before "Classic's" playercount dropped. You just had to know the IP, many of which were advertised in in mass PM's or player houses. Even after the serverlist was introduced servers maintained a high playercount by todays standards.

The "big drop" you're referring to had a lot to do with P2P, though it still maintained a decent playercount. Eventually prices got higher, servers still sucked, and gold servers(which were supposed to be the hook) weren't worth the money anymore.

Dnegel
08-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Like habbo lol.

Crono
08-03-2010, 07:13 PM
called r2r

fowlplay4
08-03-2010, 09:32 PM
For a small fee you can own a server, and provide such a service.

KMashaneyK
08-04-2010, 11:47 AM
A fee to have a server you just idle on, and spend absolutely all your time doing...nothing. Sound ideal. *BS Face* ;/

My personal opinion, it sounds stupid. But this is a discussion, and other peoples opinions are valued. And plus, they would definitely make you pay more. They'd probably have to buy a another server, just to host all those personal player servers.

cbk1994
08-04-2010, 11:49 AM
They'd probably have to buy a another server, just to host all those personal player servers.

You'd be surprised how much they have hosted on one machine.

DutchGuy
08-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Graal has changed. Forcing every Graal player onto one server is just going to make them quit.

no forcing, only offering.
like myspace offers a profile you can make, adjust,add and change.
Graal should offer your own personal level accessable via your ingame profile.
One that anyone can enter at any time by viewing someones profile and click a tab named "visit player room" or something.
These rooms should be hosted somewhere ofcourse, but a personal room is nothing compared to an entire server. This would be perfect for private meetings(girls vs boys:P) or guild talk or whatever.

Cloven
08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
I see a lot more cons than pros to this in general. The only reasons I can see for offering the equivalent of an otherwise 'personal idling level' are: If the playercount is high enough to facilitate it, or, if such a level would serve legitimate gameplay usage (weight limit on inventory, can store excess items @ personal level in a scripted chest type of thing) and be free from abuse possibilities.

Either way, this needs to be done locally and at the discretion of respective server administrations. Some of us already have things like this, or are working on it for future use. Like I said there are things that need to be kept in mind with it because creating 'idle levels' is just a disaster lying in wait.

fowlplay4
08-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Since profiles are going completely scripted in V6, they could always add some social-networking-esque features to the profile, like a profile chatroom, comment wall or something dumb like that.

jacob_bald6225
08-05-2010, 04:30 AM
Hey would it be possible to have every player on Graal have his own online level, accessable trough the serverlist where you normally type the name for a server and then ENTER.
For players this should work the same, only then you just type in their accountname. People can invite their own friends in their online room and not having to create a room just for any server.
Maybe its too big of a deal to realise, but I think this is an idea that Habbo works with aswell.

31g0YE61PLQ

Dnegel
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
-video-
This^

scooter123
08-24-2010, 12:32 AM
In my opinion, having a room on a server is useless unless it is involved for quests and such and requires you/allows you to get certain items at certain times to complete certain things. But that would only be one room for everyone most likely...

Admins
08-24-2010, 01:32 AM
Houses or personal rooms probably make more sense if they are specific to a server.

Nataxo
08-24-2010, 01:50 AM
This idea reminds me a lot of Habbo Hotel and the Houses on Classic iPhone :O