Im planning to start my own server.
My current Staff List
Myself
Gokky
Entrok
Maybe Johank(will ask)
Maybe Maui Mallard.
Planning to be hireing more

I got a idea for this server but just all the 5 staff (if they all aprove they gonna help) we need to brainstorm. (forum pm me if you want to be part of the staff show me some examples)

Well heres the Idea..

I want to make a Modern Server.
A modern Server With classes.
Example.
You choose the class businessman Man
You will have to choose what kind of business you wnt to start with.
Let's say you want to be a Gun salesman.
You will be added to 1 of the Gun shops. The Owner will be chosen by the GBA or Me the Owner.
So the owner can complain bout something like this:
'' i don't want him working here''
My answer will be short ''then you shouldn't have chosen businessman''
If you quit the job The Owner has to hire you back so its easier to choose wisely. Cuz some shops might have to much employee's and will be broke.
Well if thats the way we try to look what they selling howmuch they selling and what the price is of What they TRY to sell.
This is just a rough sketch. If you have any idea's tell me.
Please don't post the Stupid Troll responses like:
Haha u will never get it done.
Atleast we try.

Liberated
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
My current Staff List
Myself
Gokky
Entrok
Maybe Johank(will ask)
Maybe Maui Mallard.

I got a idea for this server but just all the 5 staff (if they all aprove they gonna help) we need to brainstorm. (forum pm me if you want to be part of the staff show me some examples)

Well heres the Idea..

Example.
You will be added to 1 of the Gun shops. The Owner will be chosen by the GBA or Me the Owner.
If you quit the job The Owner has to hire you back so its easier to choose wisely. Cuz some shops might have to much employee's and will be broke.
Well if thats the way we try to look what they selling howmuch they selling and what the price is of What they TRY to sell.
Atleast we try.

I don't know what other jobs might be available, but that way it will be an all producer no consumer economy, so nothing will get sold.

TheRuckus
07-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Ah well yeh we got 3 staff's for sure now. We need to brainstorm bout it before buying

Soala
07-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Ah well yeh we got 3 staff's for sure now. We need to brainstorm bout it before buying

You should probably try yourself at RC on Testbed for example, and try to make some stuffs and complete your server idea. Next you can make a design document and start it whenever you feel like.

Logababy
07-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Why are there two topics of this :O
HI RUCKUS :)
Uhmm, good luck.

Switch
07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Marvelous.

xAndrewx
07-12-2010, 07:14 PM
why dont u work on my server??

iSlayer
07-13-2010, 02:56 AM
Well there goes my LAT Admin :(

cbk1994
07-13-2010, 06:22 AM
No self-respecting scripter (or most other developers) will work on a server where the hiring thread (or concept thread) is written in lazy half-English. Just a tip.

Fulg0reSama
07-13-2010, 06:29 AM
No self-respecting scripter (or most other developers) will work on a server where the hiring thread (or concept thread) is written in lazy half-English. Just a tip.

He could be foreign. *******.

fowlplay4
07-13-2010, 06:44 AM

That's no excuse to put no effort whatsoever into the initial post.

cbk1994
07-13-2010, 06:49 AM

He is, but that doesn't make my point any less valid.

sssssssssss
07-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Maybe he should use google translator? Its pretty amazing. Even if you use slang too much sometimes it will change it if you do language1-language1.

Look like a business man with that ****.

Logababy
07-13-2010, 11:05 AM

Why?
Alot of graal players do the exact same.

xXziroXx
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM

Just because people have English as secondary language doesn't mean that they shouldn't put in some effort.

Fulg0reSama
07-13-2010, 03:54 PM
But what If they can't is my point ziro. Can't really help spaced out english unless you feel like teaching him proper english.

Though I will agree some grammar and formatting of his paragraphs is needed.

cbk1994
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
The point is that whether or not English is his native language, it looks like he is using it lazily, which is enough to turn most people off from it.

Why?
Alot of graal players do the exact same.
Which is one reason why most Graal players aren't able to get decent developers to work on their servers.

xenoww
07-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Would be better if you made atleast 5 pages of text with your future ideas for your server so the team wont stop/slow down becouse they feel like they're doing nothing.

MrName
07-13-2010, 11:49 PM
Trust me, Don't spend your money on a server. It's not worth it, The best thing to do is find another server which isn't really used and ask them to develop there making your idea's. Graal is losing people, So will you server.. And it's really much work making a good populair server, not only the developing but also the gameplay.

cbk1994
07-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Spending your money on a server is not a bad idea in itself, only when you have no plans or no way to achieve those plans. Find your developers before you rent the server.

Admins
07-14-2010, 01:41 AM
Spending your money on a server is not a bad idea in itself, only when you have no plans or no way to achieve those plans. Find your developers before you rent the server.

He is trying it with his post though :)

cbk1994
07-14-2010, 02:13 AM
He is trying it with his post though :)

I was responding to this:

Trust me, Don't spend your money on a server. It's not worth it, The best thing to do is find another server which isn't really used and ask them to develop there making your idea's. Graal is losing people, So will you server.. And it's really much work making a good populair server, not only the developing but also the gameplay.

Seeya
07-14-2010, 05:43 AM

Class: Businessman Man

Logababy
07-14-2010, 07:28 AM
So this server isn't being made now?

xenow
07-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Making a server can still be very enjoyable from my experiences, even if it does not get something done you can still learn alot.

Liberated
07-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Would be better if you made atleast 5 pages of text with your future ideas for your server so the team wont stop/slow down becouse they feel like they're doing nothing.

Making a server can still be very enjoyable from my experiences, even if it does not get something done you can still learn alot.

why the 2 accounts?

MrName
07-14-2010, 11:07 PM

This is true, Though i had my developers and already the most graphics done and a few levels. Still it takes very long till everything is done and people get bored pretty fast (Staff/players) on un-populair servers which makes them leave.

Switch
07-15-2010, 09:05 AM

http://translate.google.com/

Don't think this breaks the forum rules since it's a site everyone knows and loves. Except for Yahoo.

Liberated
07-15-2010, 09:42 AM
input:
hallo mensen, ik probeer deze vertaalmachine nu met volle zinnen vanuit het nederlands, gewoon even kijken hoe goed hij het eigenlijk doet, ziet er toch wel uit als gebrekkig engels.

output:
Hi folks, I try this translator now with full sentences from Dutch, just look how well he is doing, anyway looks like poor english.

what i would type myself:
hello everyone, im trying out this translator with full sentences from Dutch, just checking out how well it works, it does look like crappy english.

so if anyone uses that it still wouldn't leave the best impression of him.

Switch
07-15-2010, 10:12 AM
input:

output:

what i would type myself:

Of course it wouldn't be perfect english since it's a computer, but it'd be so much better than what he posted.
I could understand what you were saying just fine (besides the "he" part, but you should expect that since a lot of languages don't have a word for "it"). He could just say english isn't his first language and that he's using a translator.

cbk1994
07-15-2010, 03:34 PM

Obviously your Dutch sucks, Google is never wrong.

Liberated
07-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Obviously your Dutch sucks, Google is never wrong.

That would explain the 5/10 that i keep getting for the subject, yeah.
But all dutch teachers are evil.

xenow
07-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Topic this is stuff way out of is

xXziroXx
07-15-2010, 06:43 PM
(besides the "he" part, but you should expect that since a lot of languages don't have a word for "it")

I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard in a while.

IzariusRyudo
07-17-2010, 07:10 PM
My current Staff List
Myself
Gokky
Entrok
Maybe Johank(will ask)
Maybe Maui Mallard.

Well heres the Idea..

Example.
Atleast we try.

Good luck ruckus, it's just weird you came onto mafia life, for a couple hours asking around, and now you have some sort of edited ideas. It's okay though.

And it's okay to be short staffed, sometimes you don't need 100 staff. Then things get complicated, and stuff doesn't get done. :D

cbk1994
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Good luck ruckus, it's just weird you came onto mafia life, for a couple hours asking around, and now you have some sort of edited ideas.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

IzariusRyudo
07-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

What do you know? You're from Kentucky.

cbk1994
07-18-2010, 02:09 AM
What do you know?

More than your own South-Dakotan self :).

IzariusRyudo
07-18-2010, 06:16 AM
More than your own South-Dakotan self :).

Hey, I run South Rectangle, thank you very much. It's just me and a couple buddies, and we like it here.