PDA

View Full Version : RC Improvements: Notifications/Always visible.

Soala
06-25-2010, 11:40 PM
This is really something I'd like to see being accomplished. Having notifications or the RC deskbar icon to flash when there is a new message (with possibility to choose RC and/or NC chat).

It's getting kinda hard for me to follow anything being done or a conversation evolving when I'm doing way too many things at the same time, and the RC Window is simply not visible. Or I'm just starting something new while someone is asking a question, and they then have to wait 'till I check RC again, if I ever remember about it.

Another solution would be an "always visible" RC window option, so we could stick it somewhere and read it anytime.

Dnegel
06-26-2010, 12:33 AM
This is really something I'd like to see being accomplished. Having notifications or the RC deskbar icon to flash when there is a new message (with possibility to choose RC and/or NC chat).

It's getting kinda hard for me to follow anything being done or a conversation evolving when I'm doing way too many things at the same time, and the RC Window is simply not visible. Or I'm just starting something new while someone is asking a question, and they then have to wait 'till I check RC again, if I ever remember about it.

I support this, pretty hard following a conversation when it dont flash or anything when somone says something.

Another solution would be an "always visible" RC window option, so we could stick it somewhere and read it anytime.

I support this too, would save many clicks.

There should be a option too turn of colors on the RC Chat, I find it sometimes disturbing too read when it's such a light green color mixed with the white background. >_<

fowlplay4
06-26-2010, 12:38 AM

Get a second monitor (It's awesome), or you know.. pay attention to your RC.

There should be a option too turn of colors on the RC Chat, I find it sometimes disturbing too read when it's such a light green color mixed with the white background. >_<

You can change it by modifying control2config.txt, search the forums for more info.

I'd personally want timestamps.

Soala
06-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Get a second monitor (It's awesome), or you know.. pay attention to your RC.

I cannot always pay attention to RC, else I'd never get to work.
Also I'm not a wealthy man. I know there might be some cheap monitor for sale somewhere, but if I'd have to buy anything like that, I'd ask for top quality. Also, saving up for private highschool is my top priority (and buying a netbook too, writting sucks nowadays...)

06-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Use Dexpot (http://dexpot.de/intro_en.html), it adds tons of cool options like instanced desktops that you can swap between with hotkeys, and tons of options for windows.

I'll screenshot:

http://i50.tinypic.com/equgr4.png

Soala
06-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Hhmm I'd eventualy try this out :P

cbk1994
06-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Flashing would get very irritating. I have to agree, get a second monitor or use AIM for discussions.

Soala
06-26-2010, 01:25 AM
If it gets irritating, then the "always visible" option would be great and useful to me and certainly a few others.

cbk1994
06-26-2010, 01:34 AM
If it gets irritating, then the "always visible" option would be great and useful to me and certainly a few others.

There are programs which can make any window "always on top". You might want to look into those as Stefan isn't going to add this to RC.

Soala
06-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Yea, looking as such things like Dexpot exists, there might be a tool to always put something on top, and this might be extremely useful for all other things that do not have such option. I'll search this up later, thanks :)

Deas_Voice
06-26-2010, 02:50 AM
lol Dexpot is just a wannabe of Compiz (or Compiz Fusion, dont know the difference).

nullify
06-26-2010, 09:24 AM
lol Dexpot is just a wannabe of Compiz (or Compiz Fusion, dont know the difference).

Failing so miserably though. :(

DustyPorViva
06-26-2010, 09:36 AM
It should only flash if your name/account is mentioned(as well as the ability to tab, like IRC).

:)

xAndrewx
06-26-2010, 10:23 AM
It should only flash if your name/account is mentioned(as well as the ability to tab, like IRC).

:)
great idea

Zeke_iPhoneGP
06-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I have to say, all cool ideas. Sometimes we can run skype in the background for questions and things though. :D (I really like the always on top idea :P)

Soala
06-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Now using "Always on top maker". A one second search on google, a 6kb .zip file, you run the .exe and do CTRL+ALT+T and the current on top window becomes always on top =D

Makes my life so much easier, I'm using it for various stuff.