PDA

View Full Version : Spar Wager

Unkownsoldier
06-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I think it would be cool to implement a "wagering" system into our spar house. What could you do with this? Well you a gui would come up, when you say "/wager account" a scroll will come up for them saying "do you accept blah blah blah" (you cant /wager someone while they are in a started spar.) and if they say /accept then the gui will come up much like the trade one we have now. Except, there will be options for "1 spar" "3 spars" "5 spars" "10 spars" like check boxes. So, lets say you chose 1 spar and both agreed to it, and you wagered a hat, after you win or lose that spar you would get the hat or lose the hat. Simple enough? This could make sparring a little more fun not that its not already boatloads. Yet, if someone were to log off, then they would lose by default. Seem like a good idea?

fowlplay4
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
/bet all ct

or similar system would probably be nice vs this little complicated thing you've strung up.

Hiro
06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
this was already implemented on a server before, and no one used it and was discontinued; not to mention that unless it's highly regulated for only one spar arena, then it can be used as a way to cheat the economy

if it can be planned out well, then it could be great. perhaps only letting those who are actually sparring bet against their opponent could keep it fun and under control

Jugglernaut
06-22-2010, 11:39 PM
actually this was implemented a year ago, but they had to remove it because betting 1g would get you everyone else's bet, instead of doubling your bet

Rufus
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
The "old" system people are talking about still exists in the spar arena. I think it's something like "/bet 1 Rufus" and it uses gralats. It is similar to what is being suggested, but not as personal with everyone being able to take part in the betting. I sort of like the idea that has been proposed, but I don't know how much it would be used if at all.

Chakrah
06-26-2010, 08:59 PM
why would anyone bet on rufus, they would lose their money, chucklechucklechuckle

kia345
06-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Quit adding all these gimmicks to spar. Can't go a single fight without someone losing and checking your lag, or complaining about UDP. People concerned about their rate, or their win streaks, or their overall spar rank, only sparring in the main room.

Now you want more betting?

UN took the fun out of sparring.

Hiro
06-27-2010, 05:08 AM
UN took the fun out of sparring.
ya, that doesn't change the fact that you suck at sparring

kia345
06-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Irrelevant strawman that easily sums up where any conversation concerning UN that UN players take part in will inevitably head

I suppose you're right.

I suppose I should also be thankful it wasn't "ur ***" or "ur mom liked it".

Hiro
06-27-2010, 06:03 AM
I suppose you're right.

I suppose I should also be thankful it wasn't "ur ***" or "ur mom liked it".
i was going more for the "if you are not good at sparring then you can't have a valid opinion about it" but i guess you're interpretation is cool too (:

kia345
06-27-2010, 06:12 AM
i was going more for the "if you are not good at sparring then you can't have a valid opinion about it" but i guess you're interpretation is cool too (:

If you're not a world class chef, you can not have an opinion about how food tastes

If you're not an accomplished director, you can not have an opinion on how good a movie is

If you're not an award winning author, you can not think a book sucks

Hiro
06-27-2010, 08:03 AM
If you're not a world class chef, you can not have an opinion about how food tastes

If you're not an accomplished director, you can not have an opinion on how good a movie is

If you're not an award winning author, you can not think a book sucksyour opinion certainty won't matter as much as theirs would, and sparring is unlike those items mentioned. unless you find joy in losing (aside from learning?), the level of "fun" you can have while sparring is most directly linked to how much you win (consistency making you a good sparrer, high rate as a result); put rate and whiners of UDP/lag checking aside, since they shouldn't affect the way you spar at all. if you just want to spar friends then go into the private sparring rooms where the *******s won't watch you and "ruin sparring"

don't blame UN for you not having fun while sparring

Chakrah
06-27-2010, 03:40 PM
i like this quarrel

ima let you guys finish but

i'm the best sparrer of all time

Hiro
06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
i like this quarrel

ima let you guys finish but

i'm the best sparrer of all time
i kick ur ass son :p

Chakrah
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
u wanna take this outside man :P

Precise
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Sparring is what you make it. If you say it sucks and that it's been "ruined", then that's what you take from it.

I still enjoy sparring consistently daily.