PDA

View Full Version : Player comments :O

WaDaFack
06-18-2010, 05:36 AM
RC in GENERAL should have a list of ALL the P2P players, and with this, a manager can type in a players name to leave behind comments.
This can help with applying for staff positions via recommendations, ban appeals, and etc.

Thoughts? :O

fowlplay4
06-18-2010, 05:43 AM
If you're seriously suggesting this, you're an idiot. srsly.

WaDaFack
06-18-2010, 05:50 AM

I already knew you were going to flame on this, like you do to everything else I do.
Atleast I'm attempting to help out the community, unlike someone I know. rofl

Your a persistent and stubborn little kid.

fowlplay4
06-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Theres a little thing called.. /opencomments on RC, you aren't suggesting anything but a different variant of what already exists.

papajchris
06-18-2010, 06:01 AM
I think he means global comments? If so that would be nice for situations where if players are stealing levels or what not, someone can put that in his global comments. However, it would have to show who wrote the comments or anyone could make anything up.

WaDaFack
06-18-2010, 06:02 AM
I think he means global comments? If so that would be nice for situations where if players are stealing levels or what not, someone can put that in his global comments. However, it would have to show who wrote the comments or anyone could make anything up.

;) Exactly. Was it that hard to comprehend Jerret?

DustyPorViva
06-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Maybe, but it's hard to take into consideration anything that comes from an UC server. I know I pretty much ignore all UC server ban reasons as they're mostly full of ****/staff abuse anyways.

TSAdmin
06-18-2010, 06:11 AM

That's not what you said though, so I can see where Jerret was coming from. If I hadn't refreshed the page to see there were new replies, I would have blatantly replied "No" under the assumption you were wanting to access a list of all of Graal's P2P accounts just for "Comments" purposes.

fowlplay4
06-18-2010, 06:14 AM

Yes because there's a logical jump from a basic comments list to global comments?

If that's what you meant why didn't you say that?

WaDaFack
06-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Owell. On with the discussion! :D

cbk1994
06-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Atleast I'm attempting to help out the community, unlike someone I know. rofl
What the **** are you talking about? Have you been paying attention to anything Jerret has been doing lately? He probably does more than anyone else on Graal. Stop whining because you got banned on Zodiac for doing something you probably knew you shouldn't have.

fowlplay4
06-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Other things aside this feature wouldn't be all that useful considering if just anyone can place comments, as Dusty said UC servers would probably spam/**** it up.

Considering the community is rather small it's not hard to find out who has done what where, and ban history gives you a good idea of how they've behaved on certain servers.

WaDaFack
06-18-2010, 06:27 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Have you been paying attention to anything Jerret has been doing lately? He probably does more than anyone else on Graal. Stop whining because you got banned on Zodiac for doing something you probably knew you shouldn't have.

Why the fk are you flaming in this thread? Read the title kid. roflol.

Other things aside this feature wouldn't be all that useful considering if just anyone can place comments, as Dusty said UC servers would probably spam/**** it up.

Considering the community is rather small it's not hard to find out who has done what where, and ban history gives you a good idea of how they've behaved on certain servers.

Well that feature can be taken away from UC servers and only be used by MANAGERS on Classic/Gold servers ^_^

Cloven
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Seems like we could implement this feature with a global -wnpc and one additional server option from Stefan. *shrugs*

cbk1994
06-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Why the fk are you flaming in this thread? Read the title kid. roflol.

Flaming? The idea you proposed is mediocre at best and not worth my flaming; I already know it won't be implemented so there's no use in debating it.

You are attacking another member of the community for absolutely no reason except that they don't like your idea. I don't know you, but I doubt you're in any position to comment on who does and does not help the community.

But whatever, I'll stop "flaming" in your thread now, kid.

Crono
06-18-2010, 07:16 PM

this.

fowlplay4
06-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Well that feature can be taken away from UC servers and only be used by MANAGERS on Classic/Gold servers ^_^

From a Manager point of view, I'd never use this. Staff Members are a much better resource for information on different people because the Graal community is small/close enough that everyone gets to know everyone sooner or later.

If you're ever hiring someone you ask them to fill out an application and provide examples of their skills before you hire them.

If someone is trying to appeal a ban, you tell them to email [email protected] and the globals are brought into the picture.

Your suggested global comments system that will only be fully usable by 10 or so different people doesn't make any of that easier or help at all.

salesman
06-19-2010, 01:24 AM
This is a great suggestion that will really help out the Graal community. I support!!

sssssssssss
06-19-2010, 02:21 AM
I'm not picking sides on the "flaming", and I was going to post quotes in order for it to be more clear, but attacking someone was not done by WaDaFack first. Reread the thread. He just had an idea, and the 2nd post was a little out of line (and I'm not jumpin you either Jerret, just saying).

Anyways, it would be a nice thing to have for some of the reasons posted already, but until playerworlds have everything to do with a global ban, it is a bit pointless imo, and probably wouldn't really be used much, as the community is small and most staff and server owners that have already been staff for quite some time now will know most of the people who dev and which is an idiot and which is not, as well as applications. Still would be nice to see every so often though.

LordSquirt
06-19-2010, 05:41 AM
I don't think it's too good of an idea.

Like other people said, UC servers just ban people that they dislike since it doesn't really matter.

If you want to make sure a player is trustworthy before hiring them I usually asked other servers if the player worked there and see if they abused.