PDA

View Full Version : Mass Message / Private Messages

Seeya
06-18-2010, 03:03 AM
I absolutely hate when you go through your Mass messages, and you see that you got a bunch of blue-bubbled PM's.

I've missed so many Private Messages because someone massed before they sent me, normally i do full mass cleanups every few minutes not get them as they go, so i miss a lot.

Something that could be fixed for efficiency, if someone PM's you, and then PM's you again a few minutes later if you haven't read it yet it stacks.

A fix for V5:

Perhaps, we can just make a blue bubble for a players mass messages, and say they PM you also, make a seperate golden bubble with there name.

And an option for maximum of 3 PM's from a player before they stop stacking? would prevent spam and still be put into use.

DustyPorViva
06-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Or just have priorities for the icons. If the player has sent a personal message, the icon remains yellow regardless of whether they send a mass later or not.

cbk1994
06-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Or just have priorities for the icons. If the player has sent a personal message, the icon remains yellow regardless of whether they send a mass later or not.

This. Should be easy to do with the new playerlist.

DustyPorViva
06-18-2010, 03:35 AM
I'd also suggest private messages always remaining at the top of the list until read.

zephirot
06-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Hum it already does that for me :confused:.

DustyPorViva
06-18-2010, 04:03 AM
Hum it already does that for me :confused:.
I'm referring to the above issue of mass pm's overwriting. Thus if personal pm's take icon priority, it should also bump it back up the list.

Skyld
06-18-2010, 04:09 AM
In the scripted playerlist (the one that we will be using for v6), this should already be fixed since the priority order should work like this: PM from admin, normal PM, guild PM, mass PM.

Seeya
06-18-2010, 06:16 AM
well.. thats good :D.

Hiro
06-18-2010, 07:08 AM
i wish servers would make a GUI that doesn't display the PM/mass on the minimap, since whenever i alt + 3 the minimap away it means the PM icons won't appear directly on screen anymore