Tampus (70%)
Orleak (5%)
Surrounding Areas (0%)
Dungeons (5%)
Underground (?%)
Quests (0%)
Misc Insides (?%)

Graphics/Etc (?%)

This list will be updated regularly. Percentages are estimates.

coreys
04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Here's a couple screen shots showing off just a bit of the progress we've made.

Outside of the OSL, showing off the chat, weapon, and hotkey systems.
http://coreymedia.com/images/rebirth_preview_01.png

Tampus docks
http://coreymedia.com/images/np_tampus-docks.png

Gambet
04-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Looks pretty good but if you're going with a custom tileset then you should probably add some nice water tiles to it since the plain blue water in the second screenshot is not very appealing. Also, some of the tiles (or graphics?), like the barrels and some of the signs, don't look like they match with the rest of the tileset (at least not how they were used in those screenshots).

coreys
04-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Looks pretty good but if you're going with a custom tileset then you should probably add some nice water tiles to it since the plain blue water in the second screenshot is not very appealing. Also, some of the tiles (or graphics?), like the barrels and some of the signs, don't look like they match with the rest of the tileset (at least not how they were used in those screenshots).

I agree about the barrels, those definitely need to be changed. I've never been a fan of putting detail in water tiles though, because it almost always turns into an annoying, repeated pattern (especially since it's a single tile).

Gambet
04-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I've never been a fan of putting detail in water tiles though, because it almost always turns into an annoying, repeated pattern (especially since it's a single tile).

Well, the shade of blue and added shadows can make a huge difference. Look at how Delteria is doing it (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134258120). Although in some places they have large areas that are just plain blue water, they at least added shadows where applicable. Of course, the fishing system that they have doesn't hurt either since at least they have fish swimming around making the water feel less bland.

I think I remember Zenkou having some animated waves in their beach levels or so, would be nice if other servers made more realistic-looking water.

coreys
04-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Hm, thanks, I'll take this into consideration :)

SlikRick
04-19-2010, 08:33 AM
At some point before release we will be re-doing the water tiles because I agree after a while they just start to look bland. But it will be done at a later part of development, unless somebody gets bored and wants a side project, because levels would not need to be re-done seeing as they will just replace the tiles in their current place.

Switch
04-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Looks like a lot more/new style of work has been done since Kez and Chang, and I'm liking it. :)
But I remember that the Inventory was completed/very close to completed.
Also, pretty sure % works.

coreys
04-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Also, pretty sure % works.

Hm, it hasn't in the past o.o

Soala
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Darn, that grass looks so smooth !
I like the overall feeling and the environment, but like it has been said, some images or tiles don't fit well with the rest.

Other than that, I see this project going well :)

adam
04-19-2010, 02:59 PM
O, should have posted video!!!!

Matt
04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sure when they get bit further, a new video will be made and posted.

SlikRick
04-19-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes once we have a larger chunk of the OW done and more weapons added into the system we will be making a new video to be released. But seeing as how everything is in a construction mode right now it wouldn't give you guys more incite into the new project underway. We are also re-doing the fishing and mining jobs and will be adding a 3rd job in the initial release. Hopefully within the next month or so we will have enough done get an alpha test under way.

Seeya
04-19-2010, 07:07 PM
smooth !

Are you just trying to **** with me?
NO SPACE IN-BETWEEN EXCLAMATION MARKS.

Matt
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
Hm, it hasn't in the past o.o

It should have been.

Fulg0reSama
04-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Are you just trying to **** with me?
NO SPACE IN-BETWEEN EXCLAMATION MARKS.

umad grammar nazi?

Knight
04-20-2010, 12:10 PM
So people are still working on this? Very interesting. Glad to see new people are in charge.

P.S. - I'm back.

Fulg0reSama
04-20-2010, 12:11 PM
Welcome back.

SlikRick
04-20-2010, 06:12 PM
So people are still working on this? Very interesting. Glad to see new people are in charge.

P.S. - I'm back.

Yes we are still working on Rebirth but have changed the original concept of Rebirth. We are still going with combining RPG and Classic style servers but have molded it to our own.

To see the plan visit this link:
http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134257996

and welcome back.

Matt
04-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Thread moved to Playerworlds Main forum for more exposure.

coreys
04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
...Well, since I can no longer edit the original post because it's not in the N-Pulse section anymore...updates!

Rebirth Progress

Core Systems

Main System (85%)
MudLib (100%)
Item/Spell System (90%)
Battle System (85%)
Movement System (95%)

Sub Systems

Inventory (0%)
Hot Key System (100%)
Custom Chat/Nick System (90%)
Stat System (80%)
Baddies (20%)
Shop System (0%)

Jobs

Fishing (0%)
Mining/Sifting (0%)
Bounty Hunting? (0%)
Farming? (0%)

Other Scripts

Quests (0%)

Content

Levels

Tampus (75%)
Orleak (5%)
Surrounding Areas (0%)
Dungeons (5*)
Underground (?*)
Quests (0%)
Misc Insides (?%)

Graphics/Etc (?%)

Grey
04-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I demand fishing

coreys
04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
I demand fishing

Baby steps, Grey, baby steps.

Imperialistic
04-29-2010, 01:45 PM
level percentages are looking horrible, you should really try to find level artists. and if that doesn't work you can just request GDT help with levels?

adam
04-29-2010, 04:34 PM
You forgot to include the actual weaponry/spell progress. which isn't the same as the system.

level percentages are looking horrible, you should really try to find level artists. and if that doesn't work you can just request GDT help with levels?

Level %'s are fine, Core systems are more important.

Crono
04-29-2010, 05:02 PM

Because WDM is active on Graal and Vima isn't too busy with Aeon right?

fowlplay4
04-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Level %'s are fine, Core systems are more important.

Making the core systems are by far the easiest part of the project that I've found anyway. Actual content (levels and graphics) is where projects tend to come to halts depending on the amount of work and quality expected.

xAndrewx
04-29-2010, 06:18 PM

I don't think he even logs on his account anymore, I think I was last on it playing GK for a while... o_o

Goodjob @ Coreys :)

Tones
04-29-2010, 07:02 PM
how is it that level percentages that are at zero is considered fine?

coreys
04-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Uhm, well, to some degree I do agree with Imperialistic lol Although I did just get a new LAT yesterday. But yes, we do need LATs quite a bit. Scripting is the only place we're not lacking in progress.

adam
04-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Making the core systems are by far the easiest part of the project that I've found anyway. Actual content (levels and graphics) is where projects tend to come to halts depending on the amount of work and quality expected.

Maybe your core systems are small and weak. o.O hehe j/k

tempandrew
04-29-2010, 11:45 PM
Baby steps, Grey, baby steps.

Jobs are baby steps. I will never understand why N-Pulse's staff team requires infinite length to finish trivial tasks.

I offered my help to them, but was declined because of a few simple demands. :) I'd like to add at the time of the offer, they had absolutely no LAT Team.

Matt
04-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Agreed, and i'm really surprised we haven't requested GDT help yet too.

coreys
04-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Agreed, and i'm really surprised we haven't requested GDT help yet too.

That's why.

Tones
04-30-2010, 12:08 AM
That's why.

well that means that the gdt isn't as helpful as we hoped it would be

coreys
04-30-2010, 12:13 AM
well that means that the gdt isn't as helpful as we hoped it would be

In the scripting department it has. Rogue Shadow is a GDT and has been a huge help for us. Soala has offered to help us with graphics as well.

adam
04-30-2010, 04:03 AM
in the scripting department it has. Rogue shadow is a gdt and has been a huge help for us. Soala has offered to help us with graphics as well.

Yay Soala!

Lord Sephiroth
04-30-2010, 06:12 AM
The GDT in terms of levels team is useless because they either aren't quality or aren't around.

Decent levels designers are a dying breed.

Tones
04-30-2010, 12:20 PM
The GDT in terms of levels team is useless because they either aren't quality or aren't around.

david!!! <3

wandaman is a very talented levels artist, take that back!!1

Lord Sephiroth
04-30-2010, 01:15 PM
david!!! <3

wandaman is a very talented levels artist, take that back!!1

Sup Tones, been a while =p

And I'm not disputing that, but as I understand it Wan is MIA right now, and generally speaking when he is here he's got his own projects that he works on.

xAndrewx
04-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Sup Tones, been a while =p

And I'm not disputing that, but as I understand it Wan is MIA right now, and generally speaking when he is here he's got his own projects that he works on.

No he hasn't... he's not doing anything.

coreys
04-30-2010, 08:48 PM
Such a shame too, WDM is a great LAT.

Vima
04-30-2010, 09:51 PM

Oh Really?

tempandrew
04-30-2010, 10:06 PM

This is a fact and a half. It's not hard to be a good LAT. You don't have to have the ingenious know-how like the elite LATs do, what with the expert layouts. It'd be nice if people could just make a level look pretty and make sense, and most people have a hard time even doing that now.

Lord Sephiroth
05-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh Really?

I still stand by my point. One person can't be a team of "Global Development" in levels. It's unrealistic and stupid. With the amount of servers right now that could use a Global Levels Team, the fact that you're around right now doesn't help more than whatever one server you're helping. Cause in reality, if you're helping more than one server with levels, you're either working 24/7 on them or you're not devoting the effort required for the server to succeed.

Vima
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I still stand by my point. One person can't be a team of "Global Development" in levels. It's unrealistic and stupid. With the amount of servers right now that could use a Global Levels Team, the fact that you're around right now doesn't help more than whatever one server you're helping. Cause in reality, if you're helping more than one server with levels, you're either working 24/7 on them or you're not devoting the effort required for the server to succeed.
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.

Lord Sephiroth
05-01-2010, 01:11 PM
So far no server has reached the GDT saying that they need to use our services.

That's kinda beside the point. I'm not really talking about the demand for the GDT, I'm talking about the overall effectiveness that the current levels department would have, even if they were being contacted.

Soala
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.

Lord Sephiroth
05-01-2010, 01:20 PM
I know a decent amount of great level designers, but I can't just force people to join the team. If they want to be part of it, they have to apply. I will never randomly choose people I know of.

Talking about the GDT, I keep hearing we are just a bunch of lazy developers and, even better, that I'm not doing my job as a leader. That is not true at all, we do discuss about a lot of things, and you have yet to see any work from us because:

-Some projects are not done completely
-We are not working 24/7
-I'm still waiting for someone to request our help
-Still waiting for some features to change too (gold disabled for the wiki for example)

Err, sorry but I had to say it. For anyone that happen to read this, stop thinking we are lazy, because we are here, right infront of you, always ready to help.

*eye roll*

I don't know who this is directed at exactly, because you used a few words I did so it makes me think me, but on the other hand you're not addressing anything that I am.

I wasn't saying the team is a bunch of lazy developers, or that you're not running the team effectively or whatever you're trying to say. All I'm saying is that overall, if requested, the levels department of the GDT wouldn't be effectively put to use, whether it be because the designers you know don't want to join the team, or they have other comittments or whatever reason they have for not being on the team. The current team, as it is, wouldn't be effective.

Jesus.

Vima
05-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Lord Sephiroth,
so far the levels department haven't been a problem while making our projects. It have rather been the scripts. It doesn't matter if we are two LATs or seven.
I don't know what we are arguing about, but I got offended when you called the level department:
The GDT in terms of levels team is useless because they either aren't quality or aren't around..
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.

Lord Sephiroth
05-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I just don't like it when people talk about something that they basically have no clue about.

And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.

Tones
05-01-2010, 04:25 PM
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!

adam
05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
poor npulse rebirth progress thread!

Totally

Fulg0reSama
05-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Im loving this Vima vs. Lord Seph debate.

Vima is talking about numbers and Seph is talking about Efficiency.

I got money on Seph this will go well for him. Any takers?

But on a on topic note, Yeah we're in need of a ganiist or two whilist some scripting.

Vima
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
And I get offended with self righteous *******s think they can talk down to me assuming that I have "no clue about" what I'm talking about. Just because I'm not on the team or know what your current projects are doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. I stay out of things I don't have any idea about, in this instance I think I've got a pretty good grasp.

Opinions vary. Deal with it.
If you have, like you say, a pretty good view on how it is in the GDT Team right now.Maybe you could give me some examples about previous situations that specificly the level department have done to show that they're not efficent enough, or efficent as the other departments in GDT.

Could you PM this to me, because this is not the right place to discuss about this.

Thanks!

- and I apologize to the thread starter that I interrupted the thread, I just had to do it since it was criticism directly towards me. -

Matt
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Lets all stop being dramatic and stay on topic, please. ;)

Also, the Gani App will be closed on our site for a bit because i am going to re-do it.

SlikRick
05-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah I'm with Matt if you guys want to keep arguing either take it to PMs or create your own thread because this is not the place for it.

Clockwork
05-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored. ^^

Matt
05-02-2010, 06:03 PM
I requested help for symphonia awhile ago, once to everyone, and then to individuals.

No GDT has helped yet, I was pretty much ignored. ^^

Soala visited N-Pulse yesterday, and offered to make some images for us. I just gave him a list of GFX Team assignments because i was in a rush, but he got a decent amount done. ^^

Keep in mind the PWA is in-charge of the GDT, so i suggest any complaints you have (or anyone else has), forward them to Soala first, then Bell and Tig if you're still having problems receiving help for your server.

WanDaMan
05-03-2010, 02:02 PM

'Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all'; how's moderating the Level Design forum?

SlikRick
05-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Update!

I am glad to announce that we have a new Debug Server in which to keep developing N-Pulse: Rebirth on. This will make development a lot easier now because we won't be creating systems that are fighting against the other. We are hoping that with the new Debug server that it will speed up progress on the Alpha Testing phase on the Rebirth project. Now that we no longer have the classic systems fighting against the new one we will be able to find bugs in the systems easier, versus not knowing about something until the old systems are removed and find a bunch of bugs that the old systems were preventing. Keep an eye out for more updates.

Rave_J
05-21-2010, 08:34 AM
glad to hear the news kez show me how the storyline is its prerry cool have u can go good or evil ect keep up the work

Sp_lit
05-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Sounds nice, hope to see this project finished in a not too distant future :)

Matt
05-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Since late 2008, i haven't seen progress like this up until about 6 months ago. I like it. ^^

coreys
05-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Sorry it's been awhile since I've made a format update here, but we've gotten a good deal done.

Core Systems

Main System (90%)
MudLib (100%)
Item/Spell System (100%)
Battle System (95%)
Movement System (100%)

Sub Systems

Inventory (100%)
Hot Key System (100%)
Custom Chat/Nick System (100%)
Stat System (90*)
Baddies (20%)
Shop System (100%)
Options (0%)

Jobs

Fishing (0%)
Mining/Sifting (0%)
Bounty Hunting? (0%)
Farming? (0%)

Other Scripts

Quests (0%)

Content

Levels

Tampus (75%)
Orleak (5%)
Surrounding Areas (0%)
Dungeons (5%)
Underground (?%)
Quests (0%)
Items (?%)
Spells (?%)
Misc Insides (?%)

Graphics/Etc (?%)

We're getting close to the point where we'll be able to start taking applications for alpha testing. Not just yet, but soon.

Matt
05-24-2010, 04:34 PM
I can't wait !

sssssssssss
05-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Lol ... Graal.

cyan3
05-24-2010, 09:50 PM
N-Pulse is looking great :)

Matt
05-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Stay on topic please, jesus. Instead of complaining, go get it handled if someone thinks something is stolen, simple as that.

Anywho, more updates should be posted throughout the week :) .

SlikRick
05-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Will somebody move this back to the N-Pulse News section for me please.

Matt
05-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Will somebody move this back to the N-Pulse News section for me please.

I sent requests to Supernanny and Darlene this morning, so it's just a race.

devilsknite1
07-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I haven't seen the screen shots (they don't load as of right now for me), but I presume it's going great :)

Not to mention it was supposed to be released 1 - 2 years ago :p maybe more... eh, idk.
Awesome job though, NP! :D
I look forward to playing Rebirth and seeing the player count rise again

Fulg0reSama
11-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Bump, Any updates on this?

SlikRick
11-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Rebirth isn't being worked on so why are you bumping the thread?