PDA

View Full Version : idea to help zone

bahamutstevetff
04-16-2010, 03:40 PM
i havent exactly thought this through tottaly but i think for zone to get a playercount boost it needs to be more single player friendly, missions and bots and stuff, maybe a planet when its players vs NPCs to go along side the pvp planets.

along side this could be weapons designed for single player that could be more cinematic and fun to use, stuff that wouldnt be accepted in the normal game cuz of it would be complained about.

just throwing suggestions out there i really want to play zone properly again, come on guys, lets think this through! :)

Gambet
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
The purely multiplayer aspect of the server is not the problem: most people don't buy Halo 3 or Modern Warfare 2, for example, because of the single player aspect of those games. With the lack of unlockables and leveling up, you don't have much incentive to play over-and-over again on Zone, making the gameplay seem a bit bland. Nonetheless, when there is a large playercount, people have fun simply because of the number of players; the problem, of course, is getting that large playercount.

If anything, the multiplayer aspect of the server should be redefined to make it fun to be playing the same gametypes again-and-again. Adding a single-player aspect to the game would take too long for the little return that would come from it, since most people finish quests and things of that nature rather quickly, so it would be a short-lived achievement rather than a long-term improvement.