PDA

View Full Version : cast cost

vidar
03-25-2010, 01:27 AM
before we go on.. yes i'm brigid.. no this isn't because i'm brigid this applies to other gods as well such as gov. and i'm not trying to just op brigid... brigid is ok imo :)

here's my problem/suggestion(S) :
problem: cast cost for some spells is crazy. main examples.. insect plague and holy wrath, at level 70 wisdom brigid holy wrath costs 100gp and has a long cast time insect plague costs 100+ gp, neither do much of anything really. where as holy word witch can be a 1hitko for bile users costs only appr. 25gp at level 70 and yes it has the long cast time it still is possible 1hit ko and costs 1/4 of wrath which is supposed to be a stronger more powerful spell...

Insect Plague=little to no damage no poison: 100+gp cost

holy wrath=40dmg WITH ring that attunes it (yes that exists) 100gp cost long cast time

holy word= possible 1hit ko (w/o attuned ring) long cast time but 25gp cost

solutions(S): lower cast cost of wrath/insect plague and raise cast cost of holy word. or increase strength of holy wrath... insect plague.. it's a plague make it poison and possible make it do SOME damage and lower strength of holy word but keep them all at the same cast cost

Loriel
03-25-2010, 01:32 AM
Man, I really hope the typo in your edit message was intentional.

vidar
03-25-2010, 01:40 AM
leave my typos alone!!! :( lol

nullify
03-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Sup Ben. Though, on topic; I highly doubt it'd be fixed anytime soon.

vidar
03-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Sup Ben. Though, on topic; I highly doubt it'd be fixed anytime soon.

granted.. i figure it'll be ignored or too difficult to do anything about. but one can hope.. as a mage it seems like we keep getting screwed .. the kill death thing just killed motivation

seanthien
03-25-2010, 03:59 AM
before we go on.. yes i'm brigid.. no this isn't because i'm brigid this applies to other gods as well such as gov. and i'm not trying to just op brigid... brigid is ok imo :)

here's my problem/suggestion(S) :
problem: cast cost for some spells is crazy. main examples.. insect plague and holy wrath, at level 70 wisdom brigid holy wrath costs 100gp and has a long cast time insect plague costs 100+ gp, neither do much of anything really. where as holy word witch can be a 1hitko for bile users costs only appr. 25gp at level 70 and yes it has the long cast time it still is possible 1hit ko and costs 1/4 of wrath which is supposed to be a stronger more powerful spell...

Insect Plague=little to no damage no poison: 100+gp cost

holy wrath=40dmg WITH ring that attunes it (yes that exists) 100gp cost long cast time

holy word= possible 1hit ko (w/o attuned ring) long cast time but 25gp cost

solutions(S): lower cast cost of wrath/insect plague and raise cast cost of holy word. or increase strength of holy wrath... insect plague.. it's a plague make it poison and possible make it do SOME damage and lower strength of holy word but keep them all at the same cast cost
The bullet glitch to insta-cast any spell fixes the cast time.

As for the damage, holy wrath is an auto-hit.

Insect Plague, like many spells, is broken.

I do see what you're trying to say though, it's not real logically. Just another flaw in gk.
granted.. i figure it'll be ignored or too difficult to do anything about. but one can hope.. as a mage it seems like we keep getting screwed .. the kill death thing just killed motivation

Given there was a real motivation to being with, right.

vidar
03-25-2010, 06:47 AM
with bullet to instant cast just about anything can auto hit at close range
granted it's auto hit but for 100gp cost it should do more than 40 damage(attuned) to a bile player when a brigid player is casting it... what i'm saying is ...
why is holy word's cost to cast so much lower than holy wrath? when holy word is far better spell and you can spam the crap out of it...
plus holy wrath is supposed to be a more powerful spell than word. that's why it's cast cost is 4x that of holy word. yet it does extreamly little damage and costs a lot of gp

MajinDragon
03-25-2010, 06:51 AM
If ever all the god spells were addressed in an update, it would be better to weaken Holy Word and strengthen Holy Wrath. If something costs more grace, it should be stronger...
But i think we should tackle all gods in one fell swoop. Not like I'm going to hold my breath though...

vidar
03-25-2010, 07:01 AM
haha no don't hold ur breath u might die... and the holy word/wrath applies to more than just brigid... any god that allows those spells really. i know it's prolly just gonna be ignored.. like most mage related issues... hell most issues. but i figured it couldn't hurt to try right

off topic slightly this whole lack of fixes and what not is sad.. 40+ people online for days straight.. it's a fighting player count even with the screwed up economy the lack of content and few to no issues being addressed.. if he had a paid manager and a real staff to back him gk could easily be big again