PDA

View Full Version : personal heads

Correction
03-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi,

Personal heads seem screwed up for me. I tried to equip personal.correction.head1.png and it changed Door's head, Rufus's head, and my head all to personal.correction.head1.png on my client (Door and Rufus still saw their respective heads). All three of our heads now seem to change on certain events, such as changing levels, to what I believe are heads used by NPCs in the level.

I have tried setting my head back to head0.png and restarting Graal, but this hasn't fixed Door and Rufus's heads (I suspected because they are also using personal heads)! Once again, this is only on my local client - they do not experience the same symptoms on their game.

I hope this is not a problem, but I am using the Linux client!

Thanks

Hiro
03-22-2010, 04:09 AM
Hi,

Personal heads seem screwed up for me. I tried to equip personal.correction.head1.png and it changed Door's head, Rufus's head, and my head all to personal.correction.head1.png on my client (Door and Rufus still saw their respective heads). All three of our heads now seem to change on certain events, such as changing levels, to what I believe are heads used by NPCs in the level.

I have tried setting my head back to head0.png and restarting Graal, but this hasn't fixed Door and Rufus's heads (I suspected because they are also using personal heads)! Once again, this is only on my local client - they do not experience the same symptoms on their game.

I hope this is not a problem, but I am using the Linux client!

Thanks
uh oh

Correction
03-22-2010, 04:14 AM
Thanks for your response! It was very helpful.

Demisis_P2P
03-22-2010, 07:32 AM
Boot into Windows and see if you have the same problem.

Or try reinstalling Graal.

Imperialistic
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Best suggestion I can think of is delete FILENAMECACHE.txt in your Graal folder and restart Graal.

James
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
[email protected] w/ rufus' head

and yo sup roy

Luda
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
sharp cheddar so hot

Deas_Voice
03-22-2010, 12:58 PM
sorry pal, u have to live with it, i got it too.

it's da linux client :(

Fulg0reSama
03-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah. Sounds like it is the linux client.

Rufus
03-22-2010, 03:44 PM
If it's just personal heads, it might have something to do with the filename on Linux? Just guessing.

personal.correction.head1.png

Crow
03-22-2010, 03:57 PM
If it's just personal heads, it might have something to do with the filename on Linux? Just guessing.

Good guess, and quite possibly the problem, yup.

Deas_Voice
03-22-2010, 08:04 PM

could be, files should anyway never have dot's in it unless it's the fileprefix.
NEVEREVER.

Umat
03-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Linux doesn't require prefixes as windows does. You just use prefixes on your files to see what type it is without having to open it. I seriously doubt that the dots would cause a problem like that just because it's on linux. If there's any OS that is nazi about its dots, it is Windows. Ever tried to set a dot in the beginning of a filename?

Deas_Voice
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Linux doesn't require prefixes as windows does. You just use prefixes on your files to see what type it is without having to open it. I seriously doubt that the dots would cause a problem like that just because it's on linux. If there's any OS that is nazi about its dots, it is Windows. Ever tried to set a dot in the beginning of a filename?

come up with a better theory then why this is only happening on linux :\

Fulg0reSama
03-22-2010, 11:12 PM
come up with a better theory then why this is only happening on linux :\

Linux sucks for graal

Thy end.

cbk1994
03-22-2010, 11:15 PM

I'd be more inclined to think it's a problem with the Linux client rather than Linux itself.

Correction
03-23-2010, 01:06 AM
I say this with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of how the Graal client works or what it uses to manage files, but it might be worth noting that in some language environments on Linux a dot represents a wildcard. Whatever the issue is, it's definitely in the Graal client. It could also be something as simple as that the Linux client might split the filenames based on a period delimiter expecting only a name and an extension, or something like that.

It's all speculation at this point. What matters is that someone needs to fix this immediately because I am not satisfied!

Umat
03-23-2010, 02:45 AM
I'd be more inclined to think it's a problem with the Linux client rather than Linux itself.

Yes, of course, but the previous posters stated that it was linux that was the problem, I was only trying to correct them.

The rendering of images and text is different in mac and linux clients. But this is probably fixed in v6 as Windows uses the same rendering as linux and mac.

Deas_Voice
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Linux sucks for graal

why?
have you tried graal on linux vs windows?

linux is so much better then windows IMO.
sure, windows is a mayor OS, so what? it doesnt make it good.
dude, linux can run on like, ANY computer, try that with win7 with 512 mb ram :cool:

Deas_Voice
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
But this is probably fixed in v6 as Windows uses the same rendering as linux and mac.

this is indeed fixed in v6.

i thought you had v6 beta :oo:

Correction
03-24-2010, 12:50 AM
why?
have you tried graal on linux vs windows?

linux is so much better then windows IMO.
sure, windows is a mayor OS, so what? it doesnt make it good.
dude, linux can run on like, ANY computer, try that with win7 with 512 mb ram :cool:

He said that Linux sucks for Graal, not that Linux sucks. If the Linux client sucks and isn't actively developed, then he's right - Linux does suck for Graal.

Also your Windows 7 argument is painfully weak. There are several bloated Linux distributions that I wouldn't put on anything less than modern. Likewise, I'm sure a stripped-down NT kernel could run pretty well on older, low-end system (2000 and XP can easily make it well beneath your 512MB limit).

And on that matter, 512MB are you serious? You say that as if an OS running in under half a gig of memory is some kind of accomplishment.

[[email protected] ~]$ free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 3961 400 3561 0 41 193
-/+ buffers/cache: 164 3797
Swap: 972 0 972
[[email protected] ~]$